Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member CrazyOldHermit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Batmankoff View Post
    Looks great. That huge Bat-symbol is gorgeous. I'm glad they're going with grey and black as well.

My only concern is that he won't be able to turn his head in the cowl. That would be a big step back from the Bale Batsuit.
    I don't think thats something we have to worry about. It looks similar to Nite Owl's cowl and that was flexible enough for him to turn his head. It could also be pulled back over his head comic style.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hurt View Post
    If that is the case, then they should have given him a helmet style cowl, and then CGIed the neck on. This is 2014, neither the movement, nor the suit should suffer when we have computers that can do wonders.
    Yeah. I'm not too worried. I just would prefer a functional suit with as little CGI as possible, but it'll probably look fine either way.
    Russia is cold, why can't Batman have a warm hat?

That suit looks great. Wasn't A big fan of the smaller ears but suits it well. Grey/black looks awesome and the larger DKR style logo is fitting.
    Batmobile looks.... Like how id expect the Batmobile to look.
    Batfleck looks damn cool.
    Throw me to the Wolves... And I'll come back leading the Pack.

They seem to be drawing from pretty heavily from The Dark Knight Returns, so they've probably written him as an older Batman. Also, given the time table for Justice League, they're probably shooting JL not too long after MoS 2. Affleck will barely even have time to fall out of shape.
    I dont know why Snyder just cant do a batman story without doing TDKR. I am a huge morrison fan but i wouldnt start my movieverse with Dickbats and Damian.

I am ok with a 40 year old batman, but not any further than that. That's why i want them to recast when Affleck gets too old. Besides, Nolan pretty much gaves us the good bits of TDKR in his Rises, the isolation, coming back, the army, etc. No need to retread.

You know what, maybe they just need to find another director altogether. Whose bright idea was it to give their movieverse to Snyder?

Yeah. I'm not too worried. I just would prefer a functional suit with as little CGI as possible, but it'll probably look fine either way.
    I do too, but when real life materials dont cut it, CGI is fine. For example they used it to animate Superman's cape even when he wasnt flying so that it would move and flow better than real cloth. It did move in a fake way when he was flying but i didnt mind it so much.

Looks great. That huge Bat-symbol is gorgeous. I'm glad they're going with grey and black as well.

My only concern is that he won't be able to turn his head in the cowl. That would be a big step back from the Bale Batsuit.
    It looks like the cowl is made out of the same material as the cape, which tells me he'll probably be able to move his head. The way they did it in The Dark Knight and Rises worked for that series, but it isn't the only way to do it.

He looks really awesome in this pic. I hope he doesnt age as fast as Bale (who looked quite beat in TDR) or at least that WB wont be afraid to recast if need be. I dunno, Affleck is already 41 so... i'm fearful of that.
    To be fair, I think Bale was supposed to look beat in Dark Knight Rises--it was meant to be his "final" story, after all. I think Batman here is meant to be older, but still has some spring to his step.

As for Affleck's age...Robert Downey Jr. was in his early forties when he started playing Iron Man, and while he didn't do any big kung-fu stuff like a Batman would need to, he did some big action sequences. Plus it isn't like Affleck's ever been out of shape.

Another manip from SHH.

BANNED

I like the short ears and the rest- that you can see anyways- looks cool too. Hopefully Affleck does it justice.

I dont know why Snyder just cant do a batman story without doing TDKR. I am a huge morrison fan but i wouldnt start my movieverse with Dickbats and Damian.

I am ok with a 40 year old batman, but not any further than that. That's why i want them to recast when Affleck gets too old. Besides, Nolan pretty much gaves us the good bits of TDKR in his Rises, the isolation, coming back, the army, etc. No need to retread.

You know what, maybe they just need to find another director altogether. Whose bright idea was it to give their movieverse to Snyder?
    Actually, considering that there was some Morrison in Man of Steel (with Crowe's Jor-El saying a speech that's word for word from the character in All-Star Superman #12) and that this Batman is going to be interacting more with superheroes like Superman and Wonder Woman, I wouldn't be surprised if Affleck's Batman is more of a mix of Miller's and Morrison's.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Kay View Post
    To be fair, I think Bale was supposed to look beat in Dark Knight Rises--it was meant to be his "final" story, after all. I think Batman here is meant to be older, but still has some spring to his step.
    True, true. But if it wasnt 8 years after TDK, but only a few months, then Bale would look too old for it.
    As for Affleck's age...Robert Downey Jr. was in his early forties when he started playing Iron Man, and while he didn't do any big kung-fu stuff like a Batman would need to, he did some big action sequences. Plus it isn't like Affleck's ever been out of shape.
    Affleck looks badass in that pic posted a few posts back.

RDJ is starting to look older (look at his face) and he himself admitted he wants to step down because he's getting too old for this. I'd have no problem if they recast the role at some point. I'm all for legacy heroes (i loooooove Bucky-Cap and they say it's going to happen soon when Evans leaves), but Rhodey is no Tony. Or should i say "Toh-neee".
    Last edited by Dr. Hurt; 05-13-2014 at 11:24 AM.

Also, no offense to those who have played Batman in the past, but the actual "Batman" parts are easy for actors, because it's usually a stuntman in the suit anyway.

Actually, considering that there was some Morrison in Man of Steel (with Crowe's Jor-El saying a speech that's word for word from the character in All-Star Superman #12) and that this Batman is going to be interacting more with superheroes like Superman and Wonder Woman, I wouldn't be surprised if Affleck's Batman is more of a mix of Miller's and Morrison's.
    If there was a best selling Frank Miller Superman story as impactful as TDKR for Snyder to geek out over, i would be willing to bet my arm that there would be no Morrison influences and only Miller influences in MoS. That's just me and my horrible opinion of Snyder though.

Ha.

Honestly I thought Affleck did a pretty good job with Daredevil, considering what he had to deal with.

This may be my favorite interpretation of the Bat suit in live action. I'm living that they're using Miller as an influence in the look and possibly style of this film.