Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by nepenthes View Post
    I think he's a great actor and the choice is inspired on many levels. I literally first pumped when I first read the casting news. He'll obviously nail Bruce Wayne, and the Batman side shouldn't be tricky for any seasoned actor with a diversity of roles behind him (as Matt Damon pointed out ha). Affleck in The Town or Argo tells me can do a menacing and commanding yet human and multidimensional Batman. He's not up against the same standards as the next Joker actor - the last decent Batman portrayal was Michael Keaton, 25 years ago.
    I agree. Before Argo and The Town I had a very negative view of Affleck. But he's become one of the best film makers in Hollywood and he's also become a pretty good actor. I think he'll do a fantastic job as Bruce Wayne/Batman. And hey, we won't have to listen to Bale's ridiculous growl anymore.
    His casting and Eisenberg as Lex were inspired choices. I wasn't initially thrilled when they were first announced but the more I thought about it the more I loved the casting.

Quote Originally Posted by nepenthes View Post
    I think he's a great actor and the choice is inspired on many levels. I literally first pumped when I first read the casting news. He'll obviously nail Bruce Wayne, and the Batman side shouldn't be tricky for any seasoned actor with a diversity of roles behind him (as Matt Damon pointed out ha). Affleck in The Town or Argo tells me can do a menacing and commanding yet human and multidimensional Batman. He's not up against the same standards as the next Joker actor - the last decent Batman portrayal was Michael Keaton, 25 years ago.
    I wouldn't go that far. Keaton was the best but Bale was still really good, if not a bit overrated.

Only thing that concerns me about Ben is his age. Not right now but say 5 years from now when if this shared movie verse works and keeps going.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 05-14-2014 at 12:08 AM.

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

I'm loving the suit. The texturing is a bit silly, but that's modern superhero movie suits.

The DKR style is beautiful.

Can't quite wrap my head around people being upset this resembles a particular comics batsuit or that it's not a radically new version of the batsuit.

And, I really don't get people who think Affleck's not big enough for Batman. Dude's good at acting hokey/vulnerable/weasely-small, but he's a big guy. He's clearly a big guy. And, he's pretty well built in general, so bulking up for a role, he's going be there. I've no doubts on that front.

I want to love this movie. I want to wide-eyed and happy give my money to DC and WB for this. And, so far, so good.
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Coal Tiger View Post
    The real test will be whether or not he can turn his head.
    From what we can see so far, this Batman will be able to turn his head more easily than any of them since Adam West.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I wouldn't go that far. Keaton was the best but Bale was still really good, if not a bit overrated.

Only thing that concerns me about Ben is his age. Not right now but say 5 years from now when if this shared movie verse works and keeps going.
    I'll take Keaton over Bale any day, though I'm interested to see how Affleck plays the part.
    "In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

"What can I say? I guess I outgrew maturity.." - Bob Chipman

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

So awesome!

I really love this Batsuit. Okay, I'm not a fan of the DKR styled bat symbol, fattest bat in the belfry, but that's a minor complaint. The cowl looks amazing, I'm actually digging the shorter ears. Might beat out the Burton movies for best cowl. Can't talk about the cape, we don't see much of it. My favorite might be the Begins cape. it flowed and moved nicely, looked good, and didn't look odd how it was attached to the suit (unlike the Dark Knight cape). The Dark Knight might have had the best gloves though. Anyway, whether this movie is wonderful, sucks, or winds up in between, at least the suit looks good (Batmobile too, what little we can see of it, I did like the Tumbler but it's just nice to have a proper batmobile again).

Quote Originally Posted by Blackfist View Post
    Did they? I miss the yellow S.
    I always hated the yellow S. Unnecessary and just clutters it up. Plain red cape works best, with the only S being on Superman's chest. But that's just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I agree. Before Argo and The Town I had a very negative view of Affleck. But he's become one of the best film makers in Hollywood and he's also become a pretty good actor. I think he'll do a fantastic job as Bruce Wayne/Batman. And hey, we won't have to listen to Bale's ridiculous growl anymore.
    His casting and Eisenberg as Lex were inspired choices. I wasn't initially thrilled when they were first announced but the more I thought about it the more I loved the casting.
    I think people like to exaggerate the difficulty of playing Batman too, it's a little silly. Eisenberg is an interesting casting choice. I guarantee if it had been Nolan casting him everyone would be raving about what a stroke of genius it was.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackfist View Post
    Did they? I miss the yellow S.
    Agree to disagree on that because I really don't miss it. I really never liked the S on the cape, always seemed odd to me. I'm pretty sure we can agree on how awesome the cape looked in Man of Steel, sans yellow s.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Can't talk about the cape, we don't see much of it. My favorite might be the Begins cape. it flowed and moved nicely, looked good, and didn't look odd how it was attached to the suit (unlike the Dark Knight cape).
    If it's anything like Superman's cape in Man of Steel then it'll be great. Rather than seeing the cape as a problem to do with they really went out of their way to make it look amazing, the CGI wasn't noticeable but made such a difference.
    Last edited by Deviates; 05-14-2014 at 09:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deviates View Post
    If it's anything like Superman's cape in Man of Steel then it'll be great. Rather than seeing the cape as a problem to do with they really went out of their way to make it look amazing, the CGI wasn't noticeable but made such a difference.
    It's okay to CG the cape for some moments, like when Superman is flying, but it shouldn't be all CG either. There's a lot of little things that someone animating it might not think of that work great, which is why you also need the practical piece actually there to fall back on. Plus like I said there's more than just how it moves, like how it is attached to the suit, not to mention length, cut/trim (how Batman's cape has that zigzag, spiky cut bottom), etc.

It's okay to CG the cape for some moments, like when Superman is flying, but it shouldn't be all CG either. There's a lot of little things that someone animating it might not think of that work great, which is why you also need the practical piece actually there to fall back on. Plus like I said there's more than just how it moves, like how it is attached to the suit, not to mention length, cut/trim (how Batman's cape has that zigzag, spiky cut bottom), etc.
    True, but they used a combination in Man of Steel and it seemed to work. I agree about the other points you made about the cape, looking forward to seeing more of the suit to find out the answers.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    Looks like Ben dyed his Daredevil suit gray, then added ears and a cape.
    Since Affleck's DD costume was basically a leather jacket & pants...no.

True, but they used a combination in Man of Steel and it seemed to work. I agree about the other points you made about the cape, looking forward to seeing more of the suit to find out the answers.
    A combination would work just fine. CG works best when complementing practical in my opinion, like Superman's cape. And they'll probably do the cape just fine, can't go too wrong on the cape, just small complaints like how it attaches to a costume or exact preferred length.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Brady View Post
    Since Affleck's DD costume was basically a leather jacket & pants...no.
    I know I'm in the minority, but I liked Affleck's DD costume (and the movie in general). Okay, didn't like how the mask showed his nose, prefer the mask comes down and covers the nose, but that was my only complaint.

I know I'm in the minority, but I liked Affleck's DD costume (and the movie in general). Okay, didn't like how the mask showed his nose, prefer the mask comes down and covers the nose, but that was my only complaint.
    The Directors Cut isn't a bad film, some dodgy CGI moments but I do like it.

The Directors Cut isn't a bad film, some dodgy CGI moments but I do like it.
    That's the version I own.
    Sadly I bought it on BluRay and my player broke, and money's tight so haven't seen it in a while.