Thread: WW Weekly Ideas

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Default WW Weekly Ideas

Inspired by the GL Weekly Ideas thread over in the DC Comics section..

In the unlikely case* we were ever to get a weekly Wonder Woman series, what would you like it to be about and who would be the writers you want involved?

Azzarello would be an obvious choice for one of the creators. It would be a great way to get him involved with the character again for those who want him, while the other writers could provide the mythos elements that were lacking in his last three year run. If he's not interested in the classic villains, for example, Azzarello could focus on a plot line about the Gods or something while one of the other writers handles a Cheetah or Dr. Psycho plot.

My choices for some of the other creators would be Jeff Parker and Jeff Lemire.

*Unless we get one as part of a promotion for her solo film and/or BvS.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

I'd like to see the following creators on such a series:

Jeff Parker
    Charles Soule
    James Robinson
    Phil Jimenez(writer & artist)
    Nicola Scott
    Terry Dodson
    Paulo Siquerra(sp?)
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Astonishing Member

A weekly? I doubt it will happen, but fun to think about. I'm not a writer or very creative, but let's see if I can brainstorm some ideas.

They got the prophecy wrong; Zeus being reborn and back on the throne has torn a riff in time, and through those cracks, many mythical monsters have manifested across space and time.

The early days of Hippolyta and the Amazons - women from across the globe are drawn together to battle the island of darkness from which no man has ever returned - by Simone and Nicola Scott

Zola, Zeke, Hera, and the New Gods - adventures in space - by Azzarello and Chiang

Donna - just because she's a bad gal, doesn't mean she's a bad gal - by Phil Jimenez

Cassie - she can't avoid being a 'Wonder' any longer - by Palmiotti and Amanda Conner

Steve, Etta, ARGUS, Athena, Milan, Sirraca and the introduction of Phillipus - the world has many questions and plans (good and bad) since an island of warrior women appeared on the map - by Rucka and Perez

Diana is lost, adrift in time. To find her way home, she must first find herself. Can a Goddess of War be a bearer of truth and compassion? - by Morrison and JH Williams III

Could also include Aquaman and Atlantis, Queen Clea, Gundra, and other mythologies.
    Last edited by Awonder; 12-19-2014 at 06:43 PM.

A weekly would give a nice opportunity to utilize her rogues gallery for once. I would hate for her to get a weekly and then get a writer like Azzarello or JMS who have no desire to use any of her past enemies. Even for Sensation Comics, we've seen Batman's villains more than her own. So yeah, that'd be my wish for a weekly.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    A weekly would give a nice opportunity to utilize her rogues gallery for once. I would hate for her to get a weekly and then get a writer like Azzarello or JMS who have no desire to use any of her past enemies. Even for Sensation Comics, we've seen Batman's villains more than her own. So yeah, that'd be my wish for a weekly.

Preach it!
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.