Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Axel-In-Charge - Dec 19, 2014

Axel Alonso talks Spider-Woman's new outfit, why "Secret Wars" was the right choice for Free Comic Book Day and the fallout of the Sony leaks.

Full article here.

BANNED

So Secret Wars = The big change over from comic verse to movie verse across the line????

Spectacular Member thethanosseed's Avatar

Looks like Cage is going to stay inverted.

But after "Time Runs Out," nobody’s going to be getting a book
    does this mean i should just save myself from buying marvel books what a dumb thing to say
    if marvel reboots im gonna drop everything but spidey i love the marvel u but dc does the reboot thing and as the books i followed pre new 52 get canceled i'm not replacing them i.e i still read anything i read pre reboot with marvel there will be far less incentive for me to do so
    Last edited by tori pagac; 12-19-2014 at 03:36 PM.

BANNED

I love how the interviewer three times tried to coerce Axel into pretending that Spider-Woman's new costume was part of a social justice crusade for more "functional" costumes.

Mighty Member

I am a little confused. From Axel Alonso's last comment, it seems that all ongoing series will be going away when Secret Wars hits for the summer? forever? only to be replaced by all-new marvel in september? all well and good, but I thought a Gamora ongoing series was planned to debut in the Spring. Judging by the March solicits, it will debut in April or May. So a new ongoing with 2 issues? Something does not add up...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by solletaire View Post
    I am a little confused. From Axel Alonso's last comment, it seems that all ongoing series will be going away when Secret Wars hits for the summer? forever? only to be replaced by all-new marvel in september? all well and good, but I thought a Gamora ongoing series was planned to debut in the Spring. Judging by the March solicits, it will debut in April or May. So a new ongoing with 2 issues? Something does not add up...
    I think it means they'll hault everything, and let everything in Secret Wars play out along with the Tie-ins. So when All New Marvel Starts in Sept. Everybody will be on the same page, no leftover tie in issues that we get from past events. (OS Tie-in UXM i'm looking at you)

So it seems Hickman has the overall say in this event. Cool.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

My assumption was that Alonso meant that there'd be no NEW titles until after Secret Wars? Just a guess.

Great article. While I'm sad to see Chris Claremont end Nightcrawler after only 12 issues, I'm not surprised. These solo books featuring X-men NOT named Wolverine tend to end quickly. But he never stays away from X-men for too long. I hope he comes back, perhaps on a title like Amazing. Or maybe he can launch a new volume of Xtreme X-men. His legacy as the greatest X-men writer of all time is already sealed. Anything at this point is just extra frosting.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hariel0079 View Post
    It certainly seems that way at the moment.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thethanosseed View Post
    Looks like Cage is going to stay inverted.
    Ugh, this is going to end his marriage with Jessica until their series start, isn't it?

Also I would love to know which people apparently love Drew's new costume, I honestly find it very meh and certainly nothing as iconic as her classic attire (despite the writer insisting it's like DD going from yellow to red, which is just amusing). And there seems to be a lot who feel the same way.

My theory with the books is that they're all tying into Secret Wars, not going away. The character will either be interacting with the Battleworld landscape or we'll get new alternate versions who do for that period.

BANNED

One ticket to New Quack City please. Mail me the Bill. I wont Duck it.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hariel0079 View Post
    I think it means they'll hault everything, and let everything in Secret Wars play out along with the Tie-ins. So when All New Marvel Starts in Sept. Everybody will be on the same page, no leftover tie in issues that we get from past events. (OS Tie-in UXM i'm looking at you)

That makes a lot of sense, thanks. Relaunch some titles, but not others I'd guess. Will that allow for a reboot though? I can't believe that after Secret Wars there will not be heavy retooling of the MU... Come on, Marvel, spill already... what's the deal here!!!

[QUOTE=Derek Metaltron;795021]Ugh, this is going to end his marriage with Jessica until their series start, isn't it?

Also I would love to know which people apparently love Drew's new costume, I honestly find it very meh and certainly nothing as iconic as her classic attire (despite the writer insisting it's like DD going from yellow to red, which is just amusing). And there seems to be a lot who feel the same way.

that's how i feel
    Last edited by tori pagac; 12-19-2014 at 04:35 PM. Reason: darn typos

At the end of time runs out.... time will run out and earth 616 will be destroyed. Rabum Alal wins. Everything dies. The surviving pieces of the multiversr are glued together like a puzzle on battleworld.

So during Secret Wars there are no more books cause there is no marvel universe.

Think about it as Age of Apocalypse which ended the x-line for four months. Same thing. Everything will be Secret Wars until it ends and All New Marvel begins.
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-