Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by VJ. View Post
    Jess' costume is a bit weird once you've seen it in the light I've described it, whereas Spidey's costume the arrow tends to be far les pronounced. Like I said, I never noticed it before, but once it was pointed out I can't not see it, whereas it doesn't stand out on Spidey for me even now you've pointed it out (I think it might be the colour scheme yellow on red is far more obvious than red on blue).
    See I feel the same about the yellow kipper tie on the new costume, once seen, it cannot be unseen. And unfortunately it's comedic stock is somewhat on the high side.

I'm one of those fans that was open to a new costume. But I think the original had a simplicity, and purity of design that has been lost in translation. The new costume looks like design that just doesn't know when to quit. So it starts with a pleasing shape, and then adds two tone gloves, and then studs on the shoulders, and then a belt, with a triangle detail, and then a yellow kipper tie, and then "legs" to make it obvious she is Spider Woman, and then, and then, and then....I find it exhausting to look at from a purely aesthetic point of view.
    Last edited by ViewingFigures; 12-23-2014 at 10:17 AM. Reason: eta grammar

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Of Orphans View Post
    I never bought into the hype that Land leaving a book boosts sales. I've actually never seen it happen either. I think in that case, it's a vocal minority who dislike Land's work as most are just indifferent to him and his reputation.
    I agree his leaving probably won't boost sales but judging by conversations both on here and at my LCS there are certainly people who wanted to support the book but didn't because of him.
    As for female readers, I've actually never seen any statistics to back that up either, but honestly I've never actually looked for it. Logically, because of the movies and social media, female readership would naturally skyrocket and male readership would get a slight percentage boost, though not by much seeing how boys dominated the market to start off.
    I've never looked for stats either, I just remember reading that women\girls are the fastest growing demographic for new comics readers. The stats were totally from memory I don't claim that they're 100% reliable.
    Readership is a very broad statistic that's difficult to properly assess. Investment per gender would tell you more as readership could be 50/50 and yet one side could still be investing a lot more time and money into the genre than the other. It would explain Marvel trying to reel in that potential readership but it may rely on a hefty amount of statistics in order to appeal more to them. Stuff like how much of the female readership read female led titles and such.
    Indeed, I'm sure Marvel have in-depth research on this and who knows exactly what it shows, but there's obviously a good commercial reason behind the growth of female-led titles and books that seem to be appealing to a female demographic more. Redesigning Spider-woman's costume is just part of that same trend.

Quote Originally Posted by ViewingFigures View Post
    See I feel the same about the yellow kipper tie on the new costume, once seen, it cannot be unseen. And unfortunately it's comedic stock is somewhat on the high side.
    I hadn't noticed the "tie" before, just the spider - it does offer one benefit, however - it means it's even easier to cosplay with clothes that are easily available.
    I'm one of those fans that was open to a new costume. But I think the original had a simplicity, and purity of design that has been lost in translation. The new costume looks like design that just doesn't know when to quit. So it starts with a pleasing shape, and then adds two tone gloves, and then studs on the shoulders, and then a belt, with a triangle detail, and then a yellow kipper tie, and then "legs" to make it obvious she is Spider Woman, and then, and then, and then....I find it exhausting to look at from a purely aesthetic point of view.
    heh, I like it to me it looks more modern the old one was starting to look dated compared to other costumes IMO. The new one just "fits" for me. Perhaps it could have been done better, but it's still an improvement I think.

Quote Originally Posted by VJ. View Post
    Indeed, I'm sure Marvel have in-depth research on this and who knows exactly what it shows, but there's obviously a good commercial reason behind the growth of female-led titles and books that seem to be appealing to a female demographic more. Redesigning Spider-woman's costume is just part of that same trend.
    No doubt. I think it's currently in the experimental stages. They're definitely at the point where they're testing the waters and trying to appeal to the female demographic. Ms Marvel's success was a nice surprise, Thor's doing well so far (little soon though) but other books such as She-Hulk, Black Widow, Storm and Captain Marvel have been struggling to find their footing (they're all selling below 23000 units in November). Those however are the female led books and that's not to say that male led books or team books don't appeal to the female readership. I don't have the stats to prove it, but it should be assumed there are female fans reading those books as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakeon View Post
    At the end of time runs out.... time will run out and earth 616 will be destroyed. Rabum Alal wins. Everything dies. The surviving pieces of the multiversr are glued together like a puzzle on battleworld.

So during Secret Wars there are no more books cause there is no marvel universe.

Think about it as Age of Apocalypse which ended the x-line for four months. Same thing. Everything will be Secret Wars until it ends and All New Marvel begins.
    What's gonna happen in all-new marvel?
    Omnis Empurios

From armor to body thong.
    Omnis Empurios