Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Do you think DC should skip a September event next year?

After 2 months of Convergence, a whole heap of new arcs and, probably, new titles will start in June and will only get 3 issues in before September hits. Do you think DC should pass on event month that year?

Personally, I think if they have an idea and want to do it, it will be good but the break on all the titles will be annoying. I'm predicting Darkseid month.

Quote Originally Posted by BatfanReborn View Post
    After 2 months of Convergence, a whole heap of new arcs and, probably, new titles will start in June and will only get 3 issues in before September hits. Do you think DC should pass on event month that year?

Personally, I think if they have an idea and want to do it, it will be good but the break on all the titles will be annoying. I'm predicting Darkseid month.
    The common thought is that Convergence, Darkseid War and Godhead are all leading into next year's event.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

I'd like a "Spotlight on a Supporting Character" month, but what do I know?

My guess is convergence will immediately lead into the next event with the villain Telos planet. Neverending events are the way to make addicts buy forever. Tellus in latin means earth. Maybe Telos and Mogo will duke it out.
    Last edited by colonyofcells; 12-19-2014 at 07:59 PM.

They could do a Multiversity month where each book looks at their titular character on one of the 52 worlds.

A common theme doesn't have to interrupt the ongoing stories.

BANNED

Why should they? Every September event has been a huge success.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

I have no idea; I'd say it's dependent on what DC will actually do after convergence, and I don't know what that will actually be, only that the line will be different.

How about "Reprint an important issue month". Like first appearances, or deaths, or new powers, or costume changes.

Maybe an Assistant Editors Month, with a handful of humorous issues.
    Vote Goat 2020
    "Evil people can do some non-evil things, and most of them do. That doesn't mean they aren't evil." --Jeffrey W Kramer

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

I don't see them not doing a gimmick month same as they have been since the reboot but having said that I wish they wouldn't. With a two month hiatus due to the move already happening I'd rather not have yet another one come September. I also haven't been overly interested in the last two of them either so there that.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

The past few September's they've been top of comic sales for the month. It's the one time of the year DC gets to be #1 in the industry, until that changes, the September events will be annual.

Spectacular Member

As long as it's like Futures End or the zero issues I'm fine with it.

The problem with the villains month was that a lot of lesser titles didn't get issues at all and many of the big titles didn't have the same creative team on the books. At least with Futures End everything but JL3000 had an issue, and most of them were by the same writer (and maybe artist? Not sure.)

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

It all depends on what happens with Convergence and the coming Darkseid War. Once that is settled, we'll have a better feel for what could be coming.

My bet though is probably a multiversal approach. If not a "day in the life of Character X from Earth Y" then a team up where the Earth 0 and Earth X versions team up to battle a villain.

I think it would be preferable to skip it, given that the books are going to knocked out their rhythm yet again, just 3 months after convergence.

However, DC & Marvel have a very short term attitude at the moment (much like a lot of the world). That one month spike in sales is something they will be unable to resist, so it's very likely to happen.

I'm one of the suckers who bought all of Villain Month & Futures End. I see these things as an unfortunate disruption but on the positive side I take the opportunity to read stuff I wouldn't normally pick up.

The other unfortunate thing is the vast majority of those September theme month comics have been crap to mediocre. If there was some quality control there it would help.