Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

That's amazing, Zhaxra. I envy your patience and discipline when it comes to drawing the fishnet mesh. I almost always rush through that and it ends up looking like uneven crosshatched lines.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

Thanks, JPrime! Glad you liked them.

The secret for the fishnet mesh is ... I didn't want to spend a lot of time on it, and since it is not a paid gig (not that I get those), I used a template, then a mesh transform on it to mold it to the legs, and lowered the opacity. Took about 5-10 minutes after finding a free fishnet mesh on the Clip Studio materials resources site.

Rough sketch time, basically get the idea down and not worry about the details too much.

A lot wrong with it, but I'm liking Kwannon and Nightwind as a couple more and more.

BANNED

Nice work Z on both those pictures. Love your Fishnetting skills lol.

I usually just do the Crosshatching on the sides and call it a day.

I've been doing a #inktober Psylocke Halloween series on a facebook group and my Instagram, focusing on her during inferno.

45039347_10218695443323993_6351645027441049600_o.jpg

44959266_10218695485525048_8346714880404881408_o.jpg

Default My X-Men Animated Team!

Quick sketch that was inspired by the X-Men: TAS vs. X-Men: Evolution vs. Wolverine and the X-Men thread. Using characters from all four X-Men animated shows (including X-Men Anime). Decided to skip Pryde of the X-Men as I already felt I got my idea down and I spent two hours on this already.

I tried doing each character with the look from the show, but in my so-called style (I suck at anime-style and hands).

L-R: Armor (X-Men Anime), X-23 (X-Men Evolution), Psylocke (Wolverine and the X-Men), and Rogue (X-Men: The Animated Series) in the back.

rachel.jpg

Bird of Prey Rachel Summers

That's very cute and awesome, CRaymond!

Quote Originally Posted by Zhaxra View Post
    That's very cute and awesome, CRaymond!

I really hate the also-ran-ness of Rachel with regard to Jean’s motifs and brand. I wanted to make a costume that felt made of parts essential her own. Studded red leather, punk belts and stockings, buckled strappy boots, and a chest “logo” made of rips that suggest she was attacked by three adamantium claws.

Quote Originally Posted by Zhaxra View Post
    Quick sketch that was inspired by the X-Men: TAS vs. X-Men: Evolution vs. Wolverine and the X-Men thread. Using characters from all four X-Men animated shows (including X-Men Anime). Decided to skip Pryde of the X-Men as I already felt I got my idea down and I spent two hours on this already.

I tried doing each character with the look from the show, but in my so-called style (I suck at anime-style and hands).

L-R: Armor (X-Men Anime), X-23 (X-Men Evolution), Psylocke (Wolverine and the X-Men), and Rogue (X-Men: The Animated Series) in the back.
    This is great. Can't wait to see the finished piece.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”

~James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    rachel.jpg

Bird of Prey Rachel Summers
    Love the hairstyle and the boots are everything! Really like your color palette here. Very nice work.

~James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Love the hairstyle and the boots are everything! Really like your color palette here. Very nice work.
    Thanks, I’m from the Alan Davis school of design where less is more. I wanted to make really simple color blocking that felt true to her Hound, Kingbreaker, and Turkey Coat designs. Anything “Marvel Girl” is trash.

These compliments are nice :-) when I get home, I’ll share my Scarlet Witch redesign on the same frame that ditches tired super heroic tropes for MCU couture and a witchy silhouette.

wanda_silhouette.jpg

Those are WIDE LEG PALAZZO pants. I'm a firm ally of Elizabeth Olsen's public opinion that Wanda needs a higher profile in the Marvel Universe and her fans agree she needs more prestige than roster filler and problematic powerhouse. After a healthy dose of AHS: Coven, I decided what Wanda needed was style. Pentagram neckline similar to Sister Grimm's, red-glowing piping detail resembling a skeletal rib cage, and a waistline that suggests a corset but color breaks in the shape of a "W". Three quarter length sleeves and way too many bracelets, rings and bangles to draw the eye to her magical moving hands. Back to the pants, she'd be the only superheroine to wear a full-length dress illusion to battle, and the bright red billow would add drama to the action. Also, pockets.
    Last edited by CRaymond; 04-13-2019 at 09:10 AM.

double post
    Attached Images Attached Images

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Gal pals. Karma, Kitty, Magik, and Rachel.

That's what makes it fun! Ricochet Rita's Avatar

CRaymond, I LOVE your tiny designs. Please more more more!!!

Dante, your drawings are awesome as always. Also I'm particularly fond of civvies and of New Mutants, so I'm keeping this as one of my favs

Quote Originally Posted by Ricochet Rita View Post
    CRaymond, I LOVE your tiny designs. Please more more more!!!
    Any favorites I should consider?