Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    BANNED

There's no reboot coming, hard or Movie like. The problem with movie synergy with comics, is eventually the movies will diverge from the comic while marvel wouldn't be able to go back and rewrite something that the movie verse avoided. Also, eventually marvel will have to start over the mcu.

There's no benefits as well, most movie fans won't buy comics plus bendis and other writers are still doing their stories after secret wars. Only thing could have happen is a soft tweaking or they're staying on battleworld for the next 75 years.
    Last edited by Gordonstar; 12-20-2014 at 12:21 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    Just out of curiosity. If it turns out that you are wrong about this being a reboot 616MarvelYear is LeapYear. Will you admit to being wrong?
    Of course but I have to wait an entire year to do so

Quote Originally Posted by resipsaloquitur View Post
    Oh, geeze. Look, Marvel will be fine. They pulled this crap on us back in 1994 during the Age of Apocalypse saga. In that story, the Marvel U was also wiped out. Yes, retroactively, they turned AOA into an alternate timeline, but at the time they published it every X-book was suspended and replaced with an alternate universe counterpart. (Every other Marvel book kept going.) The Marvel U was effectively destroyed and replaced with the AOA. Four months later, it was fixed.

It's comics. Breathe and go live your life.
    There was no Marvel Cinematic Universe established within 6 years with 10 very succesful movies at the time. Marvel Comics has nothing to gain to have the 616 Marvel Universe be the main marvel universe after 4 months.I breathe, live life and prepare myself for the loss of the sense of legacy and history that Earth 616 has given me since 1939 real time.

Quote Originally Posted by vitruvian View Post
    So, X-Men. So, ALL-NEW MARVEL won't match the MCU, then?
    X-Men will match however BMB wants them to be matched. He's one of the architects of the new main Earth which is ALL-NEW MARVEL

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    I'm just curious to see what new Battleworld heroes and villains will arise... and I'm hoping that Doctor Zero comes to whatever "mainstream" universe is restored and/or created after this event.
    That would be nice. I loved the addition of Julia Carpenter, Mary 'Skeeter' McPherran and Marsha Rosenberg to Earth 616. I'll miss Denver, Colorado of Earth 616 where Spider-Woman, Titania and Volcana are from

Quote Originally Posted by cyberhubbs View Post
    I'm not sure how many changes there'll really be. Status quo shift? Sure, maybe. But at the end of the day it'll still be the 616.

I still think they should have the multiverse interact more during the next year post-SW, a sorta longer and broader Spider-Verse, and introduce some AU villains to the whole affair (evil AU Illuminatis from the dead Earths out for revenge), let it a come to a head in a big event. But who knows.
    616 the only chunk of Earth 616 that will continue to exist is Mahattan and Attilan will better serve the company marvel comics to be a part of one of the many parallel earth's in the marvel multiverse. It will no longer be the main earth because the main earth will be ; ALL-NEW MARVEL 616 Marvel Universe has become a hindrance to the compapny and their movies. Secret Wars provides the solution to that hindrance.
    Last edited by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear; 12-20-2014 at 12:27 PM.

BANNED

Yes. Manhattan and Attilan will be the only surviving areas. Attilan.

Makes total sense.

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    G. Willow Wilson will be delighted that she does not have to deal with any history regarding Earth 616.
    The character Kamala Khan will not be discontinued but her history will now be determined by ALL-NEW MARVEL.
    She's already ignoring all of 616 history as it is. One of the many benefits of having her book NOT take place in NYC.
    She is Kamala Khan... The Magnificent Ms. Marvel!

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    X-Men will match however BMB wants them to be matched. He's one of the architects of the new main Earth which is ALL-NEW MARVEL
    You miss the point. If the X-Men exist at all, the two universes do not match.

I mean, you are aware that the X-Men are not part of the MCU, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Myetche View Post
    She's already ignoring all of 616 history as it is. One of the many benefits of having her book NOT take place in NYC.
    How so? The existence of the Inhumans is part of that history, Attilan being in the Hudson part of recent history. Wolverine being around to team up is part of that history. Carol Danvers, Captain Marvel, going by Ms. Marvel and inspiring Kamala...

so, no, there's not a whole lot of heavy reliance on minutiae of past continuity, but then there rarely is with new characters. Wilson certainly hasn't been contradicting 616 history that I can see.

Quote Originally Posted by vitruvian View Post
    How so? The existence of the Inhumans is part of that history, Attilan being in the Hudson part of recent history. Wolverine being around to team up is part of that history. Carol Danvers, Captain Marvel, going by Ms. Marvel and inspiring Kamala...

so, no, there's not a whole lot of heavy reliance on minutiae of past continuity, but then there rarely is with new characters. Wilson certainly hasn't been contradicting 616 history that I can see.
    But none of them have ever directly affected Jersey City before Kamala came into existence. Hell, JC was almost completely unaffected by everything else that goes on in 616. Outside of very, very broad strokes (Wolverine is a loner, Attilan exists, etc.), Wilson's story is greatly isolated from 616 history.

I'll bet that JC and Kamala will be completely unaffected by Secret Wars and won't even be scooped up into the Battleworld. She'll be completely unaware that anything's even happening to NYC and Attilan and will just keep protecting her city without thinking twice about it.
    Last edited by Myetche; 12-20-2014 at 01:14 PM.
    She is Kamala Khan... The Magnificent Ms. Marvel!

Quote Originally Posted by Myetche View Post
    But none of them have ever directly affected Jersey City before Kamala came into existence. Hell, JC was almost completely unaffected by everything else that goes on in 616. Outside of very, very broad strokes (Wolverine is a loner, Attilan exists, etc.), Wilson's story is greatly isolated from 616 history.

I'll bet that JC and Kamala will be completely unaffected by Secret Wars and won't even be scooped up into the Battleworld. She'll be completely unaware that anything's even happening to NYC and Attilan and will just keep protecting her city without thinking twice about it.
    You mean that all the times the country or the world was threatened, Jersey City would have been fine if the heroes didn't come through? I kind of doubt that. MU Jersey City is part of the same world as the rest of the MU, and no more disconnected from Marvel history than any other place that a new character might have as a home town.

BANNED

I mean, it's Jersey City. The ream world alone barely acknowledges its existence.

Quote Originally Posted by cyberhubbs View Post
    I mean, it's Jersey City. The ream world alone barely acknowledges its existence.
    It's still part of the same world that's experienced Secret Invasion, Fear Itself, and every other event with global impact. If Daredevil moves to Boise, Idaho, or a new character gains powers there, would you say the writer is ignoring Daredevil's or Marvel's history? I don't see the point.

Quote Originally Posted by Kisinith View Post
    People have been predicting the end of 616 and a line-wide marvel reboot after every event for so long now. Yet strangely enough its never happened. Part of me wants them to do it for two issues then reveal the whole thing as a hoax just to mess with people.
    Basically since Hickman show the down path of the New Avengers . The reasons why are one thing the other is like you said it is going on since forever Hickman poker extremely high.

One thing is it is hard to believe that we get a real reboot but the other is say we get a modified version of the MU 616 back but also all the crimes of the heroes will stay that is the worst outcome.

I personally fed up with Marvel all what they have in their comics over a year is b-class or negativity and/or also wrong messages. I can also say it isn't only Marvel comics, DC running are similar line and the TV series Arrow and Agent of SHIELD have also for the greater part immoral messages and a lot of negativity in it.

Fantastic Member

They will, of course, use this to make 616 closer to the movies. I don't believe they will replace the current universe with the cinematic one due to how high they like to display the "diversity" flag — black Cap and female Thor. But I wonder if Secret War is when they will claim that there are no mutants, they have been Inhumans all along.

Extraordinary Member

Want to remind everyone, Monsteropolis is involved and alive.

Fantastic Member

With you on the basic sentiment, 616MY. No idea about the quantity, but this time around some big permanent changes are taking place.

And yes, it is because of the theatrical goldmine.

Fantastic Member

"but I have to wait an entire year to do so (admit being wrong)"

Ok. You've made your point, and most don't agree. I do agree, just uncertain about how much change and who.

Let's enjoy the Secret Wars prelude starting in January, then SW later in the year, and see what happens.