Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Uncle Ben seems to be more popular than some of the currently alive characters yet he's dead.

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    Uncle Ben seems to be more popular than some of the currently alive characters yet he's dead.
    I find it ironic that you say this with your Avatar being GWEN STACY who is GETTING HER OWN ONGOING.

She's not 616 Gwen though. 616 Gwen is still dead.

Militantly Indifferent Kisinith's Avatar

People have been predicting the end of 616 and a line-wide marvel reboot after every event for so long now. Yet strangely enough its never happened. Part of me wants them to do it for two issues then reveal the whole thing as a hoax just to mess with people.

Quote Originally Posted by Kisinith View Post
    People have been predicting the end of 616 and a line-wide marvel reboot after every event for so long now. Yet strangely enough its never happened. Part of me wants them to do it for two issues then reveal the whole thing as a hoax just to mess with people.
    LOL.

I'd love to see the reaction if they actually did do a reboot lol. Still, when they announce their next big event after Secret Wars I'm sure there'll be more reboot talks then lol.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Death means nothing in the mu. As far as reboots go this is very much like the aftermath of the first DC crisis when for a time all the worlds were merged into one.
    Marvel comics would not be wise to for a time merge all the worlds into one.
    Instead, marvel comics goes the route of establishing ALL-NEW MARVEL as the main marvel earth and thus the main marvel universe from september 2015 onward.

This to have the main marvel comicbook universe be in sync with the Marvel Cinematic Universe
    Earth 616 hinders them towards achieving that goal.

She's not 616 Gwen though. 616 Gwen is still dead.
    But it's still a form of Gwen. In fact, it's a better form of Gwen with Spider Powers!

I mean, remember when 616 Blink died and they created AoA Blink who got so popular that she was the lead of Exiles?

POPULAR CHARACTERS ALWAYS COME BACK.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    Dude, the fact that Bendis, Slott and Remender still have plots going on means 616 will be back. But I doubt the rest of the Multiverse will and I expect an insane amount of deaths.
    Bendis, Slott and Remender (and of course KSD) will be ECSTATIC when Earth 616 ceases to be because they will become the architects from the very beginning of ALL-NEW MARVEL.

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    But it's still a form of Gwen. In fact, it's a better form of Gwen with Spider Powers!

I mean, remember when 616 Blink died and they created AoA Blink who got so popular that she was the lead of Exiles?

POPULAR CHARACTERS ALWAYS COME BACK.
    Popular characters do come back, but I'm sure there've been characters who aren't that popular who come back also. Also, since we're including different forms of characters rather than just 616 versions (which I initially thought we were just focusing on) than there are alternative versions of Uncle Ben out there as well.

And besides, it's comics, death doesn't mean anything since characters always come back

Ultimate Member

I think it's a tad early to be saying ''goodbye'' to 616 Earth myself.

I think they'll succeed in saving 616 earth but not so sure about other universes. Wait and see I guess.

Personally I'd be a bit surprised if a reboot happened, can't rule it out since I don't work there but I'm leaning towards it not happening. If it were to happen I'd give the reboot a fair chance.

Also like Prof.Warren says Alonso is most likely just trying to get provoke reaction with the ''teases'' that he's been ''giving'' about a reboot.
    Marvel isn't going to re-boot. And I'm 100% sure they'll save some of the other universes because Marvel needs a functional multiverse.

As Prof.Warren said, Marvel just keep teasing fans because they've heard about the speculation.

Marvel might re-boot one day but not right now when they have so many things going on.

And let me say this, I don't see Marvel synching up the movie universe with the comic universe simply because logistically, it's impossible to do. Some elements might bleed into each other but they literally can not work around the movies nebulous plans.

In fairness Username I've never said that they will re-boot. I'm merely not ruling it out since I don't work there so I can't 100% say one way or the other about it. I do lean towards your way of thinking though that Marvel might re-boot one day but for now Alonso is just teasing the fans over it.

As for whether they'll save some of the other universes I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Man earth 616 has no luck these days. Gets destroyed earlier this year in Uncanny Avengers and now gets destroyed again with only a small bit surviving to be put towards Battleworld.

And according to the OP at least, it's going to rebooted.

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    I have to thank Axel Alonso for that quote so that I can prepare to say goodbye to Earth 616 that has existed since 1939 real time.

The only chunk of Earth 616 that will continue to exist is Mahattan and Attilan.

I 'll miss Thor's biological mom, Gaea, the elder goddess of Earth 616
    I 'll miss Monster Island where Mole Man lives of Earth 616
    I' ll miss Latveria where Dr. Doom lives of Earth 616
    I 'll miss the Savage Land where Ka-Zar, Shanna, Zabu, Stegron and Savage Land Mutates live of Earth 616

I'll miss Atlantis and the Atlanteans of Earth 616
    I'll miss queen Kala, Tyrannus and the Morlocks, who live underground of Earth 616
    I'll miss Mount Wundagore and the nation Transia of Earth 616
    I'll miss Wakanda of Earth 616

I'll miss Kenya where Storm is from, Russia where Colossus is from, Germany where Kurt is from, Ireland where Banshee is from, England where Braddock's from, Canada where Wolverine's from and Japan where Shiro's from of Earth 616
    I'll miss South America where the superhuman Bonita Juarez (Firebird) is from of Earth 616
    I'll miss the island Genosha of Earth 616
    I'll miss Dracula and Frankenstein's Monster of Earth 616

Although it is very clear to me that only a chunk of Earth 616 will continue to exist, I am not certain if some interstellar empires like those of the Skrull, Kree, Shi'ar, Galador and Xandar of Earth 616 will continue to exist.

In case they don't then I'll prepare myself to say goodbye to them as well.
    And then hello again, when they're inevitably reconstructed or recreated, even if that process involves some changes and maybe some incorporation of aspects from different realities. Because reboot or no reboot, the MU outside of NYC and Attilan will be coming back sooner than later.

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    I am of the belief that NO part of Earth 616 will remain and that ALL-NEW MARVEL will be the comicbook equivelant of the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
    Also, i'll miss the New Orleans of Earth 616 where Remy LeBeau is from and Mississippi of Earth 616 where Anna Marie is from.
    So, you think they'll eliminate all characters that haven't shown up in the movies? Discontinue Ms. Marvel? Not publish comics for X-Men or Spider-Man?

Nah.

In fact, I seriously doubt there'll be a real reboot with lots of changes to match the MCU for those characters who do exist in it. Maybe a few tweaks in that direction, and to incorporate some things they want to save from Ultimate-1610, but chances are the 'new' 616 (or they might eliminate the numbering thing that's always bugged Brevoort) will be much like the 'old' 616 in most respects.