Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 127
  1. #31
    The One Above All 616MarvelYear is LeapYear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Marvel Studios
    Posts
    10,231

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Marvel isn't going to re-boot. And I'm 100% sure they'll save some of the other universes because Marvel needs a functional multiverse.

    As Prof.Warren said, Marvel just keep teasing fans because they've heard about the speculation.

    Marvel might re-boot one day but not right now when they have so many things going on.

    And let me say this, I don't see Marvel synching up the movie universe with the comic universe simply because logistically, it's impossible to do. Some elements might bleed into each other but they literally can not work around the movies nebulous plans.
    We are now in 2014. Between 2008 and now marvel comics has put out 10 very succesful movies that make up the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
    RIGHT NOW is an absolutley PERFECT moment for marvel comics to not have the 616 Marvel Universe be the main marvel universe but instead ALL-NEW MARVEL.

    The only chunk of Earth 616 that marvel comics will allow to exist is Mahattan and Attilan but as part of the many parallel earth's of the marvel multiverse.
    Earth 616 will cease to be the main Earth where the stories took place since 1939 real time.

    September 2015 will be the launch of the new main Earth ; ALL-NEW MARVEL
    I am preparing to say goodbye to the sense of LEGACY that the 616 marvel universe has given me.

  2. #32
    Astonishing Member vitruvian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,992

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    Marvel comics would not be wise to for a time merge all the worlds into one.
    Instead, marvel comics goes the route of establishing ALL-NEW MARVEL as the main marvel earth and thus the main marvel universe from september 2015 onward.

    This to have the main marvel comicbook universe be in sync with the Marvel Cinematic Universe
    Earth 616 hinders them towards achieving that goal.
    So, does that mean All-New Marvel has no Spider-Man, X-Men, or any characters not introduced in the MCU? Because if it has any of those, it's not in sync.

    Like I said, I expect some tweaks to match with the MCU backgrounds and versions slightly more, plus some aspects of 1610, plus an convenient cosmic restart button excuse for any other retcons they wish to sneak in or past stories they simply wish to ignore ("most stuff happened as you read about it, but no particular continuity point is definitely intact unless we mention it in stories set in the new universe") - but really they've been doing the retcons and ignoring of inconvenient continuity whenever it suited them anyway, without benefit of a cosmic restart/reboot (at least one specifically stated to have these effects).

    But to go whole hog in trying to make the different media match, and thereby throw out the baby (of further characters and properties adaptable to the movies and TV shows, and past stories that readers seem to like having referenced from time to time) along with the bathwater (of stuff they can honestly say gets in the way or didn't even make sense at the time... like Sins Past or Hercules once towing Manhattan around with a big chain like it was floating on the water)... no, don't see it. More likely by far that they'd bring back the 616 exactly as it is now after Secret Wars.

  3. #33
    Astonishing Member vitruvian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,992

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    Bendis, Slott and Remender (and of course KSD) will be ECSTATIC when Earth 616 ceases to be because they will become the architects from the very beginning of ALL-NEW MARVEL.
    So, you're saying that Bendis, for example, doesn't want to continue his X-Men storylines?

    Because an All-New Marvel that matches the MCU doesn't have the X-Men in it.

  4. #34
    Veteran Member CSTowle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    3,641

    Default

    Guys, this isn't even a very clever/interesting troll. Stop feeding him. What I wouldn't give for the days of an Inferno. Heck, I'd take a Cavemold over this guy.
    Formerly finfangfool

  5. #35
    The One Above All 616MarvelYear is LeapYear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Marvel Studios
    Posts
    10,231

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vitruvian View Post
    So, you think they'll eliminate all characters that haven't shown up in the movies? Discontinue Ms. Marvel? Not publish comics for X-Men or Spider-Man?

    Nah.

    In fact, I seriously doubt there'll be a real reboot with lots of changes to match the MCU for those characters who do exist in it. Maybe a few tweaks in that direction, and to incorporate some things they want to save from Ultimate-1610, but chances are the 'new' 616 (or they might eliminate the numbering thing that's always bugged Brevoort) will be much like the 'old' 616 in most respects.
    G. Willow Wilson will be delighted that she does not have to deal with any history regarding Earth 616.
    The character Kamala Khan will not be discontinued but her history will now be determined by ALL-NEW MARVEL.
    The same goes for X_Men goodbye sense of legacy started by Stan Lee, improved on by Chris Claremont and Spider-Man goodbye sense of legacy started by Stan Lee and subsequent writers

    I like the numbering 616 and Secret Wars is a perfect excuse for Brevoort, Quesada and Ryan Penagos to get rid of the numbering.

  6. #36
    The One Above All 616MarvelYear is LeapYear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Marvel Studios
    Posts
    10,231

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vitruvian View Post
    So, you're saying that Bendis, for example, doesn't want to continue his X-Men storylines?

    Because an All-New Marvel that matches the MCU doesn't have the X-Men in it.
    BMB will continue his X-Men storylines however he pleases. He will be one of the architects of ALL-NEW MARVEL.

  7. #37
    Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Liverpool, Merseyside, England
    Posts
    9,321

    Default

    Just out of curiosity. If it turns out that you are wrong about this being a reboot 616MarvelYear is LeapYear. Will you admit to being wrong?

  8. #38
    BANNED
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,469

    Default

    There is an abundance of underlining in this here thread.

    Not sure that makes doomsday predictions any truer, though.

  9. #39
    Veteran Member resipsaloquitur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    1,829

    Default

    Oh, geeze. Look, Marvel will be fine. They pulled this crap on us back in 1994 during the Age of Apocalypse saga. In that story, the Marvel U was also wiped out. Yes, retroactively, they turned AOA into an alternate timeline, but at the time they published it every X-book was suspended and replaced with an alternate universe counterpart. (Every other Marvel book kept going.) The Marvel U was effectively destroyed and replaced with the AOA. Four months later, it was fixed.

    It's comics. Breathe and go live your life.

  10. #40
    Pro Mutant Anarchist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    3,876

    Default

    Oh look.
    Another statement from Marvel that will declare permanent change.

    I totally buy it.

  11. #41
    Astonishing Member vitruvian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,992

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cyberhubbs View Post
    There is an abundance of underlining in this here thread.

    Not sure that makes doomsday predictions any truer, though.
    Yeah, not at all.

    Look, I'm sure that some changes (including some tweaks that make MU and MCU conform to each other a little more) and some continuity streamlining will occur when the MU is recreated (which will include the whole Earth and universe, naturally, because a NYC and Attilan that are floating in a void or exist on a patchwork Battleworld are not at all like 'the world outside your window') at the end of Secret Wars/beginning of the All-New Marvel launch. And the writers that are telling stories and deciding what past continuity does and doesn't count for them in the All-New Marvel books will of course be in some sense the 'architects' of this 'new' continuity.

    But to think that these changes will be particularly sweeping, or sum up to a greater degree of change than what's happened slowly and organically through retcons and the sliding timeline since the Kirby/Lee days anyway... that's pretty unlikely.

    I'm also pretty sure there'll be a new version of the multiverse (even if just perhaps they use a different name), because Spider-Gwen and just because it's always fun to tell stories about different versions of characters and worlds. Shoot, maybe a real comics version of the MCU that can cross over with All-New Marvel (in the comics, not the movies, naturally) will be among the alternate Earths. Or an Earth-1963 (or whatever the proper designation should be) that has Cold War versions of everybody just like in the Lee/Kirby/Ditko days.

  12. #42
    Astonishing Member vitruvian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,992

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    BMB will continue his X-Men storylines however he pleases. He will be one of the architects of ALL-NEW MARVEL.
    So, X-Men. So, ALL-NEW MARVEL won't match the MCU, then?

  13. #43
    Astonishing Member JudicatorPrime's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    The Cosmic Shores of the Pacific
    Posts
    4,745

    Default

    I'm just curious to see what new Battleworld heroes and villains will arise... and I'm hoping that Doctor Zero comes to whatever "mainstream" universe is restored and/or created after this event.

  14. #44
    BANNED
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,469

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vitruvian View Post
    Yeah, not at all.

    Look, I'm sure that some changes (including some tweaks that make MU and MCU conform to each other a little more) and some continuity streamlining will occur when the MU is recreated (which will include the whole Earth and universe, naturally, because a NYC and Attilan that are floating in a void or exist on a patchwork Battleworld are not at all like 'the world outside your window') at the end of Secret Wars/beginning of the All-New Marvel launch. And the writers that are telling stories and deciding what past continuity does and doesn't count for them in the All-New Marvel books will of course be in some sense the 'architects' of this 'new' continuity.

    But to think that these changes will be particularly sweeping, or sum up to a greater degree of change than what's happened slowly and organically through retcons and the sliding timeline since the Kirby/Lee days anyway... that's pretty unlikely.

    I'm also pretty sure there'll be a new version of the multiverse (even if just perhaps they use a different name), because Spider-Gwen and just because it's always fun to tell stories about different versions of characters and worlds. Shoot, maybe a real comics version of the MCU that can cross over with All-New Marvel (in the comics, not the movies, naturally) will be among the alternate Earths. Or an Earth-1963 (or whatever the proper designation should be) that has Cold War versions of everybody just like in the Lee/Kirby/Ditko days.
    I'm not sure how many changes there'll really be. Status quo shift? Sure, maybe. But at the end of the day it'll still be the 616.

    I still think they should have the multiverse interact more during the next year post-SW, a sorta longer and broader Spider-Verse, and introduce some AU villains to the whole affair (evil AU Illuminatis from the dead Earths out for revenge), let it a come to a head in a big event. But who knows.

  15. #45
    'Fro, yo. CraigTheCylon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    A WHIRLWIND OF RAZORS AND LEMON JUICE.
    Posts
    1,940

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vitruvian View Post
    So, X-Men. So, ALL-NEW MARVEL won't match the MCU, then?
    They'll all be Inhumans, of course! Because that almost-entirely-arbitrary semantic difference will surely encourage Disney to make a new X-Men cartoon (actually called I-MEN) and REALLY tick off the guys at Fox, who I'm sure pay attention to the monthly goings-on of Marvel Comics!



    Yeah no, this is all dumb.
    The X-Books Board is wretched and does not deserve the Domino Appreciation Thread.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •