Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    BANNED

No one's going to have to wait a year to see what the fallout of SW is. It starts in May and goes for eight issues so I'd say two issues a month running through August with all the other titles (save perhaps for stuff like Howard the Duck) involved in Battleworld tie-ins. In September, the majority (if not the entirety) of Marvel's line relaunches with new #1's.

BANNED

Everybody seems more focused on all the evil plans Marvel has for us poor fans than they are trying to enjoy the books they're buying every week already. It's still several months before
    Secret Wars even starts. I hate to say it, but chances are good that some CBR members (and lurkers) won't be with us anymore by then, so why not make the best of what you are buying
    now. Nobody knows when their time is up. It's ridiculous to stay with a hobby that makes you miserable while you're here.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Thomas View Post
    Everybody seems more focused on all the evil plans Marvel has for us poor fans than they are trying to enjoy the books they're buying every week already. It's still several months before
    Secret Wars even starts. I hate to say it, but chances are good that some CBR members (and lurkers) won't be with us anymore by then, so why not make the best of what you are buying
    now. Nobody knows when their time is up. It's ridiculous to stay with a hobby that makes you miserable while you're here.
    One of these 'evil' plans is, to me, ending Storm's status as the equivelant of Wonder Woman.
    DC has the honor of having the number 1 superheroine icon Wonder Woman 1941.
    Marvel Comics finally created their equivelant, in Earth 616, with the debut of the high-flying superheroine STORM 1975.

This is not advantageous to marvel comics anymore. Marvel Comics desires to have Carol Danvers have that status.
    That cannot be achieved regarding Carol Danvers' history in Earth 616 who made her superheroine debut as the high-flying MS. MARVEL 1977. Also, she is somewhat tainted by becoming an alcoholic during Kurt Busiek's run on 'vengers and being a bully when BMB wrote her and especially during the event Civil War.

By establishing that ALL-NEW MARVEL wil be the new main marvel universe as of September 2015, Marvel Comics is in the position to debut Carol Danvers as the very first high-flying superheroine according to the history of the ALL-NEW MARVEL Earth.

Earth 616
    Storm 1975 equivelant of Wonder Woman 1941
    Carol Danvers 1977 equivelant of Linda Lee Danvers 1959

Earth ALL-NEW MARVEL
    Carol Danvers equivelant of Wonder Woman
    Storm equivelant of Supergirl

ALL-NEW MARVEL will provide the necessary status that Marvel Comics desires for Carol Danvers when her movie hits in 2018.
    Goodbye to the status of queen Ororo Munroe as the number 1 leading high-flying superheroine of Earth 616

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    One of these 'evil' plans is, to me, ending Storm's status as the equivelant of Wonder Woman.
    Marvel Comics finally created their equivelant, in Earth 616, with the debut of the high-flying superheroine STORM 1975.

This is not advantageous to marvel comics anymore. Marvel Comics desires to have Carol Danvers have that status.
    That cannot be achieved regarding Carol Danvers' history in Earth 616 who made her superheroine debut as the high-flying MS. MARVEL 1977. Also, she is somewhat tainted by becoming an alcoholic during Kurt Busiek's run on 'vengers and being a bully when BMB wrote her and especially during the event Civil War.

By establishing that ALL-NEW MARVEL wil be the new main marvel universe as of September 2015, Marvel Comics is in the position to debut Carol Danvers as the very first high-flying superheroine according to the history of the ALL-NEW MARVEL Earth.

Earth 616

Earth ALL-NEW MARVEL

ALL-NEW MARVEL will provide the necessary status that Marvel Comics desires for Carol Danvers when her movie hits in 2018.
    Goodbye to the status of queen Ororo Munroe as the number 1 leading high-flying superheroine of Earth 616
    It's stupid to directly compare characters between the two companies. Marvel doesn't have an exact Wonder Woman equivalent, nor is one needed. They can and do have multiple high-profile female characters. In any case, Wonder Woman is no longer the top-selling female character for DC - that would be Harley Quinn.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by vitruvian View Post
    It's still part of the same world that's experienced Secret Invasion, Fear Itself, and every other event with global impact. If Daredevil moves to Boise, Idaho, or a new character gains powers there, would you say the writer is ignoring Daredevil's or Marvel's history? I don't see the point.
    I agree. Was just making fun of Jersey City.

My rule is when Songbird is killed, I'll quit. Lord knows that could be around any corner one of these days.

Extraordinary Member

Wow, that's depressing.

But true. If you really don't like something, you don't have to stick with it. I'm still young in comics compared to the rest of you, so it's all still relatively new to me.

Earth 616

Earth ALL-NEW MARVEL

No, that was the original Miss America.

BANNED

No, that was the original Miss America.
    The marvel character Madelyne Joyce's high-flying superheroine career in Earth 616, lasted 5 years 1943-1948
    Ororo Munroe's will have lasted 40 years next year 1975-2015

Just as Johnny Storm's career in Earth 616 has lasted far longer then that of Jim Hammond.

I'll miss the sense of history and legacy in Earth 616 that Robert Frank and Madelyne Joyce and their son Nuklo, gave me.

The marvel character Madelyne Joyce's high-flying superheroine career in Earth 616, lasted 5 years 1943-1948
    Ororo Munroe's will have lasted 40 years next year 1975-2015

Just as Johnny Storm's career in Earth 616 has lasted far longer then that of Jim Hammond.

I'll miss the sense of history and legacy in Earth 616 that Robert Frank and Madelyne Joyce and their son Nuklo, gave me.
    In publishing terms, sure. In Marvel time, even now, Storm has probably only been adventuring for a little bit longer than Miss America did.

And we have no evidence that her or her husband's history and legacy will be removed, so that you will have reason to miss it. I suspect the Timely stuff that they've brought into the MU will be left all or mostly intact, myself.

Besides, the way that Roy Thomas brought Miss America into the history of the MU was one of the few retro Golden Age moves of his that truly annoyed me, once I saw the original Timely stories and realized just how severely he had depowered one of Timely's premiere female characters - from rapid flight, the strength of a thousand men, and x-ray vision, to kind of gliding and just barely stronger than a normal woman. If there is even a partial reboot, maybe she can be restored to her full glory.

Protect the weak. Darth Phoenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    Dude, the fact that Bendis, Slott and Remender still have plots going on means 616 will be back. But I doubt the rest of the Multiverse will and I expect an insane amount of deaths.
    I agree as long has Franklin Richards is in New York Fan4 limbo just about any issue can be fixed.

Oh my goodness, there is way too much depression and sky-is-falling conjecture in here. Y'know what, if you hate Marvel so much, leave. Switch to reading classic trades, try a different company, or start your own. Or try a hobby like stamp collecting or Lego instead.

BANNED

In publishing terms, sure. In Marvel time, even now, Storm has probably only been adventuring for a little bit longer than Miss America did.

And we have no evidence that her or her husband's history and legacy will be removed, so that you will have reason to miss it. I suspect the Timely stuff that they've brought into the MU will be left all or mostly intact, myself.

Besides, the way that Roy Thomas brought Miss America into the history of the MU was one of the few retro Golden Age moves of his that truly annoyed me, once I saw the original Timely stories and realized just how severely he had depowered one of Timely's premiere female characters - from rapid flight, the strength of a thousand men, and x-ray vision, to kind of gliding and just barely stronger than a normal woman. If there is even a partial reboot, maybe she can be restored to her full glory.
    To me, Storm in Marvel time has been adventuring for 10 marvel years and 6 marvel months. Miss America was adventuring for only 1 marvel year and 3 marvel months.

The company Marvel Comics will better serve itself to establish the marvel character Carol Danvers as their Miss America equivalent to Wonder Woman, because she will be the lead of her own movie in 2018.
    What incentive is there for Marvel Comics to invest in the marvel character Madeline Joyce, when Carol Danvers suits their purpose to establish an equivalent to Wonder Woman far better? Marvel Comics desire ; KSD and the Carol Corpse are to be number 1 Wonder Woman, Greg Pak and the Storm Chasers are to be number 2 Supergirl Also, I'll miss Australia of Earth 616 where the marvel character Gateway resides and where the X-Men once lived.
    Last edited by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear; 12-21-2014 at 11:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cyberhubbs View Post
    Yes. Manhattan and Attilan will be the only surviving areas. Attilan.

Makes total sense.
    That is the only part that makes sense. Marvel is going whole-hog Inhumans to replace Mutants because of media rights. The MCU dictates *everything* in Marvel.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Man, and the story hasn't even started yet!