Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 127
  1. #76

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by resipsaloquitur View Post
    Oh my goodness, there is way too much depression and sky-is-falling conjecture in here. Y'know what, if you hate Marvel so much, leave. Switch to reading classic trades, try a different company, or start your own. Or try a hobby like stamp collecting or Lego instead.
    There really isn't that much left to get interested in.

  2. #77
    Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Liverpool, Merseyside, England
    Posts
    9,321

    Default

    Not for you perhaps SD.

  3. #78
    BANNED
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    934

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by resipsaloquitur View Post
    Oh my goodness, there is way too much depression and sky-is-falling conjecture in here. Y'know what, if you hate Marvel so much, leave. Switch to reading classic trades, try a different company, or start your own. Or try a hobby like stamp collecting or Lego instead.
    I tend to read the newspapers, not only do I get informed on what's current in the world, I at least get to enjoy a Spider-Man Marvel have yet to really d*ck around with.

  4. #79

    Default

    I don't know, Secret Wars just sounds really depressing.

    First we had Avengers Arena that messed with a lot of teen heroes.
    Then we had Spider-Verse wiping away all the alt Spider-Men
    And NOW we have Secret Wars wiping away the Multiverse. Oh, did I forget that the only alt dimensions advertised are ones that are "EVENTS" and actual alt Dimensions will probably be canon fodder?

    Seriously, I'm down to 8 Marvel titles, and I doubt that many of those will stay in print. It'll just be "OH look, flavor of the month character is teaming up with this overhyped A-List character, meanwhile this other fan favorite we're killing off!"

    What happened?!

  5. #80
    Incredible Member megaharrison's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    523

    Default

    It's very unfortunate the movies have literally rebooted the comics. Disney wouldn't leave well enough alone.

  6. #81
    Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Liverpool, Merseyside, England
    Posts
    9,321

    Default

    I'm sure there'll be characters who aren't A-list who'll still be in print SD. We don't know what is ACTUALLY going to happen in Secret Wars yet outside of them being on this ''Battle World'' thing and the other stuff that's been shown and said about it by Marvel themselves.

    Then again I'm an optimist by nature.

  7. #82
    Senior Member Inhuman X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    919

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    I don't know, Secret Wars just sounds really depressing.

    First we had Avengers Arena that messed with a lot of teen heroes.
    Then we had Spider-Verse wiping away all the alt Spider-Men
    And NOW we have Secret Wars wiping away the Multiverse. Oh, did I forget that the only alt dimensions advertised are ones that are "EVENTS" and actual alt Dimensions will probably be canon fodder?

    Seriously, I'm down to 8 Marvel titles, and I doubt that many of those will stay in print. It'll just be "OH look, flavor of the month character is teaming up with this overhyped A-List character, meanwhile this other fan favorite we're killing off!"

    What happened?!
    What happened? Well, I don't claim to be more right than anyone else as I don't work there or have inside know. But I can't help but think its the result of something we are seeing over at DC too and that is a new hard focus on marketing characters they think have the best chance for future film deals or to become a cross media title. It's like both publisher's universes are growing smaller and all the little bit players we used to love for fleshing out different parts of the universe and for telling off kilter stories away from the next big event are fading away or falling by the wayside as a result. They don't have a place anymore as they simply don't draw enough dollars to bother with in comparison to the big names. It's sad.

  8. #83

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Inhuman X View Post
    What happened? Well, I don't claim to be more right than anyone else as I don't work there or have inside know. But I can't help but think its the result of something we are seeing over at DC too and that is a new hard focus on marketing characters they think have the best chance for future film deals or to become a cross media title. It's like both publisher's universes are growing smaller and all the little bit players we used to love for fleshing out different parts of the universe and for telling off kilter stories away from the next big event are fading away or falling by the wayside as a result. They don't have a place anymore as they simply don't draw enough dollars to bother with in comparison to the big names. It's sad.
    I'm more annoyed at a lot of fans too. I mean, nobody was talking about Mockingbird or Quake, and the moment they appeared on Agents of SHIELD? BOOM!!! So many people are suddenly fans of them! You would think this would encourage people to go out there and search for more characters, but they keep clamoring for the ones already upfront and popular. It's like the people who want Kamala Khan to be the lead character in Inhumans film.

    It's just really bugging me.

  9. #84
    Astonishing Member Myetche's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,075

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    It's like the people who want Kamala Khan to be the lead character in Inhumans film.
    If any New Inhuman is being the lead character in that movie, it's likely going to be Dante. He's already the "lead" in the Inhuman book as it is, while Kamala doesn't even want anything to do with Attilan.
    She is Kamala Khan... The Magnificent Ms. Marvel!

  10. #85

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Myetche View Post
    If any New Inhuman is being the lead character in that movie, it's likely going to be Dante. He's already the "lead" in the Inhuman book as it is, while Kamala doesn't even want anything to do with Attilan.
    I will admit, Kamala in the MCU will be great, but I don't think the Inhumans films are a fit for her. If anything, she should be in the Captain Marvel film or a future film. I mean, Captain Marvel and Inhumans are back to back. Best let the franchises breathe first.

    I still think that Crystal is the best P.O.V. for the Inhumans film.

  11. #86

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by megaharrison View Post
    It's very unfortunate the movies have literally rebooted the comics. Disney wouldn't leave well enough alone.
    Are you certain that this is Disney's doing? For all we know, Marvel could well have made this decision on its own while Disney just sits on the sidelines raking in the movie moolah.

  12. #87

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trash Jack View Post
    Are you certain that this is Disney's doing? For all we know, Marvel could well have made this decision on its own while Disney just sits on the sidelines raking in the movie moolah.
    I think Disney does have it's hand in play, but isn't completely controlling Marvel. For example, I am sure Disney says "Earn X Amount of Money for a period or we'll shut down the Comics part of Marvel" and Marvel complies.

  13. #88
    Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Liverpool, Merseyside, England
    Posts
    9,321

    Default

    Also I don't get the impression that Disney particularly cares about the Comic line as long as the films do well but that's just me lol.

  14. #89

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    Also I don't get the impression that Disney particularly cares about the Comic line as long as the films do well but that's just me lol.
    I'm looking at this from a video game company standpoint. There are a TON of times where bigger game companies like EA or Activision buys out a smaller video game company and forces them to fast track games. If the games dip in sales? They completely close down that whole branch and sack all those employees.

    I think Marvel and Disney have the same sort of relationship and that's why Marvel is trying for so many outlandish tactics to get big sales.

  15. #90
    Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Liverpool, Merseyside, England
    Posts
    9,321

    Default

    Events do seem to make them money though so it's not really a surprise that they keep doing events.

    Whatever the case may be , I'm interested to see how this Secret Wars plays out.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •