Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    Events do seem to make them money though so it's not really a surprise that they keep doing events.

Whatever the case may be , I'm interested to see how this Secret Wars plays out.
    I think event fatigue is taking hold. Look at how Axis isn't doing so hot and there is barely any hype for Black Vortex.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Yeah AXIS isn't doing so hot, and ''Black Vortex'' isn't getting that much hype (which surprises me somewhat), but I feel like they're expecting ''Secret Wars'' to be the big money spinner for them.

BANNED

Isn't AXIS in the top 10? And Spider-Verse is an event that's doing well. They're not all gonna be winners.

Quote Originally Posted by cyberhubbs View Post
    Isn't AXIS in the top 10? And Spider-Verse is an event that's doing well. They're not all gonna be winners.
    On Comixology right now Axis is Marvel's biggest book of the week, even beating out Batman and Robin and Justice League.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    Wow, that's depressing.

But true. If you really don't like something, you don't have to stick with it. I'm still young in comics compared to the rest of you, so it's all still relatively new to me.
    You're lucky that. You haven't gotten attached to characters only to have them sacrificed for a Bendis storyline or suddenly depowered or gone from bad guy to good guy to bad guy to good guy a half a dozen times.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    On Comixology right now Axis is Marvel's biggest book of the week, even beating out Batman and Robin and Justice League.
    I'm sure it'll do well in trade also. That might even be affecting floppy sales, though I have no proof. I do know most event stuff I'm waiting to read in trade.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    I think event fatigue is taking hold. Look at how Axis isn't doing so hot and there is barely any hype for Black Vortex.
    Maybe, but the guy behind my LCS and I talked last week and he told me that what marvel is doing is selling, and he's the store manager. I might not like it, but it's like not liking the Borg as they move foreward; they don't care.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by resipsaloquitur View Post
    Oh my goodness, there is way too much depression and sky-is-falling conjecture in here. Y'know what, if you hate Marvel so much, leave. Switch to reading classic trades, try a different company, or start your own. Or try a hobby like stamp collecting or Lego instead.
    Well marvel is generally running very negative storylines right now. Entire planets are being blown up on a regular time table, the world itself, infact the very universe and more than one is about to be compressed into one world where everyone will be fighting, we have a new Captain America who's never heard of due process or the US constitution and an old Captain who's so dumb he's been outsmart and frankly disrespected by Hank McCoy and the Hulk, the Fantastic Four are soon going to be canceled, the characters probably distorted or tossed away, Sue is either hunting Reed for the old Cap or betraying the old Cap and not minding that Reed has hid his involvement in what the Illuminati and then the Cabal did and are doing... But you don't want anyone to be negative or if we are you just want us to find something else to do. Tell me if your home town sporting team has a lousy season do you tell it's fans to find something else to do?
    I'll most likely stop being negative when I find a shred of honor, decency or freindship in the old characters that I used to read. Right now there's not a one of them that wouldn't sell out his sister for what ever agenda they think is worth pursuing. If you think that there is a bit of hope that any of this is going to turn out well after all the terrible stuff of the past few years sold so well then I disagree. As long as grim and gritty and hopelessness sell that is what the major storyline from marvel is going to be.
    Last edited by Mark; 12-21-2014 at 05:11 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Parker View Post
    That is the only part that makes sense. Marvel is going whole-hog Inhumans to replace Mutants because of media rights. The MCU dictates *everything* in Marvel.
    Also, Attilan is floating right next to Manhattan. I may not be an expert on multidimensional displacement, but I would think if they grab Manhattan they'll also grab Attilan, the Bronx, parts of Brooklyn and Queens, etc. You know they'll have the Statue of Liberty, and Attilan is even closer.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by resipsaloquitur View Post
    Oh my goodness, there is way too much depression and sky-is-falling conjecture in here. Y'know what, if you hate Marvel so much, leave. Switch to reading classic trades, try a different company, or start your own. Or try a hobby like stamp collecting or Lego instead.
    Oh no, Legos are expensive as hell now.

Quote Originally Posted by ImprobableQuestion View Post
    Also, Attilan is floating right next to Manhattan. I may not be an expert on multidimensional displacement, but I would think if they grab Manhattan they'll also grab Attilan, the Bronx, parts of Brooklyn and Queens, etc. You know they'll have the Statue of Liberty, and Attilan is even closer.
    But it'll be funny if they conveniently miss Jersey City. After all... it's JERSEY!
    She is Kamala Khan... The Magnificent Ms. Marvel!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Myetche View Post
    But it'll be funny if they conveniently miss Jersey City. After all... it's JERSEY!
    It will probably get the shoreline (a word I use loosely in description) or something. Kamala and Bruno will be walking down the street with ice cream and everything to Bruno's left will just vanish.

Frankly the cosmic aether can keep North Jersey >: )

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cyberhubbs View Post
    I heard AXIS wasn't doing as great as expected? Maybe I was misinformed?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Well marvel is generally running very negative storylines right now. Entire planets are being blown up on a regular time table, the world itself, infact the very universe and more than one is about to be compressed into one world where everyone will be fighting, we have a new Captain America who's never heard of due process or the US constitution and an old Captain who's so dumb he's been outsmart and frankly disrespected by Hank McCoy and the Hulk, the Fantastic Four are soon going to be canceled, the characters probably distorted or tossed away, Sue is either hunting Reed for the old Cap or betraying the old Cap and not minding that Reed has hid his involvement in what the Illuminati and then the Cabal did and are doing... But you don't want anyone to be negative or if we are you just want us to find something else to do. Tell me if your home town sporting team has a lousy season do you tell it's fans to find something else to do?
    Some of that sentiment is true in most comic publisher's line right now. This is a different shift than say the violence of the iron age. Maybe we are now seeing the age of gray? It's like watching everyone abandon high ideals that were once respected because we don't believe in them any more in the name of something more ambiguous or gray. The US government now condones torture and starts wars over oil prices while bailing out bankers with loans they don't have to pay back used to pay for their beach resort parties rather than its purpose. Who would take the old Captain America seriously considering the hypocrisy he would represent? It's every day. Maybe people don't believe in the hero any more. Just the struggles of the powerful and the stories are changing to represent that. Everyone thinks they are the good guy while serving themselves. As a concept it certainly puts Axis in a new light. How to change the Marvel Universe in one fell swoop to blur all the lines between our heroes and villains so we just have characters to market...

I am not saying it is right. Only speculating on what is. I am not sure the positive will ever be back as we once knew it.
    Last edited by Inhuman X; 12-21-2014 at 05:47 PM.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    I heard AXIS wasn't doing as great as expected? Maybe I was misinformed?
    No, it's in the top 10, but it's the lowest selling company wide event in the last 10 years.