Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    No, it's in the top 10, but it's the lowest selling company wide event in the last 10 years.
    Okay. Thanks for the info Omega Alpha.

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    To me, Storm in Marvel time has been adventuring for 10 marvel years and 6 marvel months. Miss America was adventuring for only 1 marvel year and 3 marvel months.
    How do you figure? Marvel time doesn't shorten the time line of WWII any, and it's still canon that the All-Winner's Squad formed after the war, so she would have been actually adventuring for all the years her comic was published (and actually starred her as opposed to her being the narrator).

Are you thinking there is some consistent, unvarying ratio between Marvel time and real time? Because that's simply not the case.

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    The company Marvel Comics will better serve itself to establish the marvel character Carol Danvers as their Miss America equivalent to Wonder Woman, because she will be the lead of her own movie in 2018.
    What incentive is there for Marvel Comics to invest in the marvel character Madeline Joyce, when Carol Danvers suits their purpose to establish an equivalent to Wonder Woman far better? Marvel Comics desire ; KSD and the Carol Corpse are to be number 1 Wonder Woman, Greg Pak and the Storm Chasers are to be number 2 Supergirl Also, I'll miss Australia of Earth 616 where the marvel character Gateway resides and where the X-Men once lived.
    What investment? All that's needed is to keep her in the continuity, and maybe have a story or two where she is shown at her actual Golden Age Timely power levels. You don't need a lot of investment in order to not just throw a character away.... you just need to not decide to do it.

BANNED

I've seen this shift before, during the Watergate era when Cap became Nomad for a while. But even at the worst of those times I always thought of the heros of marvel as doing the right thing, now they'll maybe do the right thing eventually, when they've exhausted all other options. The X-men seem to be locked in a perpetual war with themselves and with the Avengers. Cap at his best represented the ideals, the dreams of what America hoped to be, not the government of the moment. Right now everyone has the mentality of a street gang. I think the marvel writers have really given up on any sort of heroism as far as these events go. They've embraced the cynism and division of the age and they're working hard to make sure that every major comic book character and most of the minor ones stand for absolutely nothing but the principle of Might Makes Right. The old 'if it bleeds, it leads' way of giving the public what it wants.

Quote Originally Posted by Inhuman X View Post
    Some of that sentiment is true in most comic publisher's line right now. This is a different shift than say the violence of the iron age. Maybe we are now seeing the age of gray? It's like watching everyone abandon high ideals that were once respected because we don't believe in them any more in the name of something more ambiguous or gray. The US government now condones torture and starts wars over oil prices while bailing out bankers with loans they don't have to pay back used to pay for their beach resort parties rather than its purpose. Who would take the old Captain America seriously considering the hypocrisy he would represent? It's every day. Maybe people don't believe in the hero any more. Just the struggles of the powerful and the stories are changing to represent that. Everyone thinks they are the good guy while serving themselves. As a concept it certainly puts Axis in a new light. How to change the Marvel Universe in one fell swoop to blur all the lines between our heroes and villains so we just have characters to market...

I am not saying it is right. Only speculating on what is. I am not sure the positive will ever be back as we once knew it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Right now everyone has the mentality of a street gang. I think the marvel writers have really given up on any sort of heroism as far as these events go. They've embraced the cynism and division of the age and they're working hard to make sure that every major comic book character and most of the minor ones stand for absolutely nothing but the principle of Might Makes Right. The old 'if it bleeds, it leads' way of giving the public what it wants.
    Thank goodness for Ms. Marvel trying to keep at least some true heroism in this sad, bleak Marvel Universe.
    She is Kamala Khan... The Magnificent Ms. Marvel!

Quote Originally Posted by Myetche View Post
    Thank goodness for Ms. Marvel trying to keep at least some true heroism in this sad, bleak Marvel Universe.
    Well, that's because unlike everyone else, she has a happy normal life; just how long SHIELD doesnt blow up her house.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Well, that's because unlike everyone else, she has a happy normal life; just how long SHIELD doesnt blow up her house.
    They don't even have to do that when words are far more damaging. All SHIELD needs to do is tell her "do what we say when we say it or we'll make your life even more miserable than it will be when you obey us" and her fate will be sealed.
    Last edited by Myetche; 12-21-2014 at 07:54 PM.
    She is Kamala Khan... The Magnificent Ms. Marvel!

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    No, it's in the top 10, but it's the lowest selling company wide event in the last 10 years.
    So like Amazing Spider-Man 2. Even thought it broke 600 million, it's still deemed a failure by Sony as the lowest selling Spider-Man film.

Sun Girl (Selah Burke) Was also great.

Protect the weak. Darth Phoenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    So like Amazing Spider-Man 2. Even thought it broke 600 million, it's still deemed a failure by Sony as the lowest selling Spider-Man film.
    I thought Spiderman 2 was considered a failure based off it being a crapfest, I walked out shortly after he battled Electro the last time I did that was Batman4.

Extraordinary Member

How much have I missed?! D;

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Phoenix View Post
    I thought Spiderman 2 was considered a failure based off it being a crapfest, I walked out shortly after he battled Electro the last time I did that was Batman4.
    Transformers 2 was critically bashed by every critic and was still a roaring success.

Amazing Spider-Man 2, even though it made just below the amount of Winter Soldier and X-Men Days of Future Past, was considered a failure because it was the lowest selling Spider-Man film.

http://boxofficemojo.com/franchises/...=spiderman.htm

Protect the weak. Darth Phoenix's Avatar

I get what your saying but if they had given quality work the movie would have sold even better, but u are right it made $

BANNED

They don't even have to do that when words are far more damaging. All SHIELD needs to do is tell her "do what we say when we say it or we'll make your life even more miserable than it will be when you obey us" and her fate will be sealed.
    Sooner or later SHIELD is going to strap her down to a table for experimentation. It may be a few years, but it'll happen.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    Events do seem to make them money though so it's not really a surprise that they keep doing events.

Whatever the case may be , I'm interested to see how this Secret Wars plays out.

Me, too. Big time. Looking forward to the ride.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by xcoijoi View Post
    Me, too. Big time. Looking forward to the ride.
    Yeah, I am looking forward to the ride myself. Just, as always, hope it's good now.