Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I would've guessed that Thor: Ragnarok would result in the Asgardians' demise but I think they need Hemsworth for one more film afterwards so my guess is his last one will be Infinity War.

Coincidentally, the films are the one arena where Marvel can tell a continuous story that will evolve the characters from a beginning to an end so I can definitely see them trying to build the MCU around Dr. Strange, Black Panther and Captain Marvel after Cap, Thor and Iron Man are set out to pasture.

BANNED

I'm gonna be violently angry if Thor is killed in Ragnarok and does not get a MOS level 1 on 1 fight with Thanos

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

If they start killing off these characters, I'm out. It just seems so silly to me.

WINTER SOLIDER was a lot of fun, while also telling a good story about America's abuse of power. There's a lot of stories left in these characters, I'd love to see a series of films about an outlaw Captain America. Seeing Thanos step on Thor's head, or Cap wield the hammer- that "wow factor" crap doesn't interest me at all.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by HaveAtThee View Post
    so I can definitely see them trying to build the MCU around Dr. Strange, Black Panther and Captain Marvel after Cap, Thor and Iron Man are set out to pasture.
    Is there anyone who legitimately believes that would be as successful as what they're doing now?

I like Black Panther a fair bit but Dr. Strange and Captain Marvel bore me to death and I've given them more chances than I can count, because they keep ending up in my stories. Captain Marvel sounds only slightly less stupid to your average person than Ms. Marvel. The company is Marvel, the character is named Marvel, it never didn't sound bad, and it never will. She's also a girl, who's not Wonder Woman, and sexist universe or not it doesn't help.

Magic is just bad in comics. Hence them making Thor more of a sci fi thing, even though Thor's magical aspects never actually bogged down the story. You can't say shit like "Magic is just science we don't understand" or whatever with Dr. Strange though. He's magic, straight up. If it's just science then, what the hell? We already have a bunch of that haha If the Eye of Agamotto is just another of Stark's little reactors nobody's going to be too impressed. Hearing gibberish incantations will be a lot better than having to read them though.

Every replacement trio or team people throw out is underwhelming compared to the original. It's just how it is. It truly is a futile situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Mideon View Post
    Every replacement trio or team people throw out is underwhelming compared to the original. It's just how it is. It truly is a futile situation.
    Unless Marvel gets the rights back to Spider-Man, anyway.

BANNED

Remember how so many on this board was calling for failure of Garudians of the Galaxy? Can anyone remind us how that went ....

Fantastic Member

Really doubt they'll kill off the A-listers. After Infinity War, they'll just go the James Bond route and periodically recast everyone.

Why would Marvel kill off three major characters in one event when they could stretch it out into at least three events?

I maintain they won't kill off any of them /except/ maybe Cap or Thor, because the two of them are easiest to bring back. They've talked at length, and loudly, about how they intend to replace the actors and go the Bond Franchise rroute, and I think audience's will be more accepting of that than some think.

I also maintain that while we might see Steve or Tony ride off into the sunset temporarily with War Machine and the Winter Soldier stepping up into their roles for a time, this would only be to give time for them to make the replacement more easily and seamlessly.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    if i was to guess; thor:ragnarok will at the very least end with thor and loki dead; if not asgard destroyed; with mjolnir being claimed by someone marvel is already beta-testing with the comic audience...
    Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding

Amazing Member

I only wish that it will be huge and epic. A glorious battle, with all the main, major and most notorious heroes and it can't be done without the Big Three + our favorite green fellow.
    If it was to be done, it must be done right.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Star View Post
    Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding
    That was my thought as well.

Fantastic Member

After the gruelling, sweaty fights on BattleWorld and Infinity War, many of our favorite heroes will lose a lot of weight.

So yes, there will be a considerable thinning, of most of the players. Except for those like Hulk, who just keep regenerating.