BANNED

Default I don't understand the idea of Superman having a "Joker..."

I mean I thought the likes of that 5th dimensional IMP and Lex Luthor would fill the roles of being Superman's version of the "Joker."

I mean who else would trick Superman into foolish things and who else is a BIG BAD to Superman in terms of intelligence and cleverness ?

I just wonder why does Superman need a SINGLE Joker, when he has characters/villains that already fit that role ?

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

Superman has villains you can understand and reason with, he has megalomaniacs, gods, beings of unknowable origins and power but he really lacks a villain that is bat-poop insane. The closest is Myx but even Myx has a rhyme and a reason for what he does.

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    I mean I thought the likes of that 5th dimensional IMP and Lex Luthor would fill the roles of being Superman's version of the "Joker."

I mean who else would trick Superman into foolish things and who else is a BIG BAD to Superman in terms of intelligence and cleverness ?

I just wonder why does Superman need a SINGLE Joker, when he has characters/villains that already fit that role ?
    Lex is his joker in the way that he's his arch nemesis. However Superman lacks a true "Joker" in the sense of an individual who is completely insane and devoid of any morality and who wants to make people suffer simply because he can and gets a kick out of it. Lex has some shades of this but he's far more complex then those small bits of similarity. The best way to see it is this: imagine if Heath Ledgers Joker got vast super powers and decides to target Superman with the mission to break him like he did Harvey.

Technically, Lex fills in for Ra Al Ghaul.