Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Always Rakzo

Quote Originally Posted by Dataweaver View Post
    Huh, is amazing how these guys are able to tell so much about a character they don't even know how is going to behave.

BANNED

There will be a time for that. Not everyone is going to be the best of friends yet, you gotta wait for it all to develop. If it happens too quick, it'll just be forced.

Unfortunately, I don't see how Convergence could fix this.[/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by megaharrison View Post
    The one thing missing in the New 52 that bothers me the most is the DC hero community doesn't feel like a family anymore

This feeling is gone. For the most part, heroes are just professionals who seem to vaguely know of one another.

Unfortunately, I don't see how Convergence could fix this.

The positive is, you don't need an event or a retcon to "fix" that. You just have to have writers who want to write the League as more friendly. And honestly outside of the main JL title I'm seeing that more and more often. Its just that being the main team title, the Justice League characterizations get the most attention.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by colonyofcells View Post
    Don't really need old titans history to put Cyborg in JL, Raven in JLD and Changeling in Doom Patrol. Lots of old characters from titans, infinity inc, and jsa can be reused as metas if dc had more meta teams. For example, redundant old characters like Wally West could be used as a fast meta so he won't compete with the super fast Flash Barry. After the failure of Bar Torr Kid Flash, Dc seems to be trying out Wally as the obsolete sidekick of Barry again. I would prefer Wally be independent of Barry already.
    I makes better sense that Cyborg earned the League membership after some time as the leader/second in command of the Titans rather than randomly stumbling into first a supersuit and then into the founding meeting.

While I agree that Raven could just as easily have returned from her time with Trigon and joined the JLD, epecially since she appears to have spent several years there, DC sadly can't seem to graps the idea of her being anywhere other than with the Teen Titans. Maybe in 20 years she'll have a shot when DC realizes she's turned into the Martian Manhunter of the Titans.

I admit, I dont get your point about meta's, the Flash has always been a meta, perhaps more so than any of the other members of the League.

Quote Originally Posted by FlashingSabre View Post
    I don't understamd this. So for example, you don't want space cop Shayera That to appear as Hawkwoman because it would be too complicated? That doesn't male any sense.
    I'm not overly familiar with Hawkwoman, so that's not a good example. A better one would be no, I don't want pre-52 Wally West introduced in the New52 when we already have a vastly different New52 Wally West. That would be confusing. No, I don't want the old Cassandra Cain back with all her pre-52 history that no longer exists in the New52. She wouldn't fit continuity-wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    Huh, is amazing how these guys are able to tell so much about a character they don't even know how is going to behave.
    Not sure what you’re referring to here.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by colonyofcells View Post
    Another reboot of Hawkman is probably much simpler than any of the old stuff.
    I'm conflicted on this one. For one thing, Hawkman was screwed once DC decided to make him Savage. He is supposed to be the calmer more calculating one compared to Hawkwoman's brash violence. DC also decided to make Shayera a villain, cuz reasons. You know, typing this out...maybe a reboot is necessary? Hawkman's Convergence title takes place during his awesome Shadow War era. I'd like to see more of that and less Savage.

I'd like to see R.E.B.E.L.S. of some variation on it with Vril Dox. Maybe they've shown up in new52 somewhere already and I missed it. I don't even necessarily need to see the old group, a new52 version would be fine as long as Vril Dox is the obnoxious, smarmy, playing-both-sides kind of jerk he was in previous incarnations.

I think this would add something to DC cosmic which I think has mostly been focused on lanterns of various colors up to this point.

BANNED

Starfire's character would be a good start.

Incredible Member PennyDreadful's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjak View Post
    There will be a time for that. Not everyone is going to be the best of friends yet, you gotta wait for it all to develop. If it happens too quick, it'll just be forced.
    It's been three years since the reboot. That is more than enough time to develop relationships among these characters. Heck, New Teen Titans made Cyborg and Beast Boy BFFs in less than a year.

If by now it hasn't happened, it should be obvious that DC isn't interested and doesn't want it to happen.

When the book's co-publisher (i.e., someone at the top) is on record as saying heroes should not have happy personal lives, that should tell you something. Happy personal lives include friendships among colleagues. It simply is. not. going. to. happen.
    Last edited by PennyDreadful; 12-22-2014 at 09:16 AM.

Always Rakzo

Quote Originally Posted by Dataweaver View Post
    Not sure what you’re referring to here.
    Donna Troy especifically.

They say that she's not "the same Donna who loved passionately, lived recklessly, and was fiercely loyal to her friends and family" despite that she didn't say even a word.

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Red-headed Wally West (preferably with Linda Park either as a married couple or well on their way of getting there.)
    Superman without an evil bone in his body. Or if so, the result of a plot device that is over very, very, very quickly (like as in Lego Batman III.)
    Just, plain, the pre DC52 universe close to that which the early Timm cartoons were based on. You know, where most heroes were heroic becomes they were good people without necessitated tragic backstories to get them motivated. Where marriage was not outlawed.
    Plots where the heroes win in the end without compromising their values or turning unheroic in the process or having friends and family die or or get raped or something.
    Basically, stories that make me feel better upon reaching the end rather than morose.

Edit: Por favor, in which book can I find that picture of the JLA and JSA having fun in the Watchtower? (Me wants.)
    Last edited by Kyer; 12-22-2014 at 01:33 PM.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Quote Originally Posted by PyroSikTh View Post
    I'm not overly familiar with Hawkwoman, so that's not a good example. A better one would be no, I don't want pre-52 Wally West introduced in the New52 when we already have a vastly different New52 Wally West. That would be confusing. No, I don't want the old Cassandra Cain back with all her pre-52 history that no longer exists in the New52. She wouldn't fit continuity-wise.
    It seems to me that their being vastly different would help to make it less confusing.
    I for one never experienced one ounce of confusion when Jay was running with Wally or Barry or both. In fact, it held the door open for 'confusion' amidst the characters on just which of them was being addressed by a villain or anyone. "No, not you. Helmet-head Flash." I'd rather have my cake and eat it too...while allowing everyone else to be able to do the same.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

They say that she's not "the same Donna who loved passionately, lived recklessly, and was fiercely loyal to her friends and family" despite that she didn't say even a word.
    To be fair... what they said was-

"Whether the wet, naked, rather well-endowed girl we saw on the last page of Wonder Woman #37 is anything like the Donna we remember – who loved passionately, lived recklessly, and was fiercely loyal to her friends and family – remains to be seen. "
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Please reread it:

Whether the wet, naked, rather well-endowed girl we saw on the last page of Wonder Woman #37 is anything like the Donna we remember – who loved passionately, lived recklessly, and was fiercely loyal to her friends and family – remains to be seen.

That’s not “she’s not the same”; that’s “the jury’s still out.”
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.