Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default THE BAT SIGNAL: Tomasi on the Emotional Rebirth of "Robin Rises"

With July's "Robin Rises: Omega," writer Peter Tomasi ends the Damian Wayne saga but begins a new chapter for the Boy Wonder.

Full article here.

The more and more Tomasi says, it really seems like we're going to get the Bruce finally puts Damian to rest and moves on ending.

BANNED

That would be for the best in my book. U think Bruce would react better to this quite frankly, dead parents, dead robins before and dead friends.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by FHIZ View Post
    The more and more Tomasi says, it really seems like we're going to get the Bruce finally puts Damian to rest and moves on ending.
    Which would never happen. You just donīt move on from losing somebody very close, and here we are talking about his son. Thereīs no returning to before he bonded with him, and writing him so would be rather bad writing. Not saying he should be shown mourning every issue, but should always be present. Otherwise we get the usual Marvel "that never happened" continuity.

Shouldnīt have allowed Morrison to kill him in the first place (and the less said about how he worte Talia the better), but editors never interfere where they should.

So rather than getting Damian back, we're getting ANOTHER Robin? Can't say I'm best pleased with that, A) because I loved Damian as a character and B) because it's just adding more Robins to the pile.

At the end of the day, we all know Damian will get resurrected at some point in the future, why not make it sooner rather than later?

Quote Originally Posted by PyroSikTh View Post
    So rather than getting Damian back, we're getting ANOTHER Robin? Can't say I'm best pleased with that, A) because I loved Damian as a character and B) because it's just adding more Robins to the pile.

At the end of the day, we all know Damian will get resurrected at some point in the future, why not make it sooner rather than later?
    Totally agree. The idea of SO many robins in the gallery does feel a little odd. Also Damian as a character was definately getting stronger and stronger each year. I honestly did not care for the character at the beginning but really fell in love with him during the Grayson-Damian / Batman and Robin series.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by FHIZ View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerevar View Post
    Which would never happen. You just donīt move on from losing somebody very close, and here we are talking about his son. Thereīs no returning to before he bonded with him, and writing him so would be rather bad writing. Not saying he should be shown mourning every issue, but should always be present. Otherwise we get the usual Marvel "that never happened" continuity.

Shouldnīt have allowed Morrison to kill him in the first place (and the less said about how he worte Talia the better), but editors never interfere where they should.
    Look I can understand the thought of losing someone close to you that you view this person as family, but with the way Batman is and how Bruce is, this death is almost close to his parents own demise.

Yet he tries to move forward and became who he is so that no one had to deal with what he been through.

With this death, it just taking him a bit longer to overcome it.

Yet if they bring Damien back, even I felt that would make his death meaningless if he was brought back to be Robin again.

So while Batman may need a Robin, it's going to take a while for this to happen.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PyroSikTh View Post

Quote Originally Posted by vonfaustus View Post
    Totally agree. The idea of SO many robins in the gallery does feel a little odd. Also Damian as a character was definately getting stronger and stronger each year. I honestly did not care for the character at the beginning but really fell in love with him during the Grayson-Damian / Batman and Robin series.
    But that would make the original death pointless, just as Jason Todd is alive, make his original death almost pointless, given the way he was brought back.

Also, I didn't enjoy Damian enough like all of you, as while I viewed him opening up to the likes of Grayson and Bruce, he still felt like that stuck up kid that thought he was better than everyone and still had to prove it so.

Ultimate Member

His death was meaningless to being with. Undoing it would be the best possible option. All that it's gotten us is a less-well done version of Jason Todd's death and the fallout.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    Look I can understand the thought of losing someone close to you that you view this person as family, but with the way Batman is and how Bruce is, this death is almost close to his parents own demise.

Yet he tries to move forward and became who he is so that no one had to deal with what he been through.

With this death, it just taking him a bit longer to overcome it.

Yet if they bring Damien back, even I felt that would make his death meaningless if he was brought back to be Robin again.

So while Batman may need a Robin, it's going to take a while for this to happen.
    Iīd say being Batman is how he deals with his parentsī death, so itīs ever present for him. Donīt think it works also for his son, who died more as a side effect of that. Heīd need a very good reason to accept training another Robin IMHO (Iīd say look to Young Justice cartoon, but the way it was treated doesnīt seem like DC liked it that much, despite - or because - it put the Nu52 to shame).

Damianīs death was pointless to being with, hope he and Talia get the Magneto treatment ASAP.

All-New Member

I'm interested in reading this, but I REALLY want Damian back as Robin, I freaking love that kid. If someone else is Robin, I dont want it to be Carrie Kelly, she should be reserved for The Dark Knight Returns. We know its not gonna be Harper Row, as she is Bluebird, so maybe it will be a new character, but my moneys on Damian

Damian should be Robin. You can't find anyone better and Bruce has to be insane to take in another kid to be Robin after how much he has failed at mentoring them. Plus the Bat line is already congested enough.

I mean Damian was pretty much the reason they didn't reboot the Batman line when the New 52 happened. Replacing him makes that decision to not reboot pointless, even though the vast majority of the DickBats and Morrison era stuff has already been ignored currently.

I still think there's a very strong possibility that Damian is coming back, and Tomasi is only saying "New Robin" to try and throw us off.

Time will tell.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Damian should be Robin. You can't find anyone better and Bruce has to be insane to take in another kid to be Robin after how much he has failed at mentoring them. Plus the Bat line is already congested enough.

I mean Damian was pretty much the reason they didn't reboot the Batman line when the New 52 happened. Replacing him makes that decision to not reboot pointless, even though the vast majority of the DickBats and Morrison era stuff has already been ignored currently.
    Yet Batman should at least have a DEAD ROBIN, I mean Jason Todd doesn't count since he's alive and well had has a much harsher view on the criminals of the world, it is in his history.

I mean it's like Death in the Family, what's the point of the story now that Jason Todd is alive and back ?

BANNED

Tomasi says "who is going to be the new Robin"

So I take it that means it will be someone new and not just a resurrected Damian, which is good.

I always thought DC made a mistake when they resurrected Jason, so I'm guessing they are replacing one dead Robin with another.