Page 112 of 326 FirstFirst ... 1262102108109110111112113114115116122162212 ... LastLast
Results 1,666 to 1,680 of 4883
    BANNED

Maybe in the first episode of season three, she'll be normal Kamala Khan before getting a face full of Terrigen mists.

Quote Originally Posted by MCBT View Post
    Maybe in the first episode of season three, she'll be normal Kamala Khan before getting a face full of Terrigen mists.
    Awesome.

Ms. Marvel #17 pushed back from July 8th to August 5th. http://www.previewsworld.com/Home/1/1/71/957

Blegh, I was hoping that Ms. Marvel wouldn't be part of the delays that's happening to other SW books. Oh well.

On another note, yeah, seems to be confirmed that it is indeed Kamala that'll be appearing in AA Season 3. What speaks volumes of this, even if its likely she'll only be a secondary character with occasional appearances instead of full cast member, is that she's the only announced newcomer that has no MCU analog; unusual for a show that is blatantly a commercial vehicle for the movies. But apart from her character's popularity, this may also have something to do with the fact that Stephen Wacker, one of the previous editors of the book, is now the head of Marvel's animation division.
    Last edited by Xalfrea; 06-02-2015 at 04:25 PM.

Ultimate Member

Given how Marvel's current shows have treated their characters, I'm actually kind of dreading seeing Kamala appear. Oh dear lord please don't screw this up Marvel. Seeing their total destruction of Batroc the Leaper's character in USM is bad enough.

TBH, the only time I'd be worried is if some hypothetical "ruination" of the character in her non-comic appearances somehow carries over into her comic appearances, or when GW Wilson permanently stops writing her.

Batroc had a character to destroy?

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Maybe they had him speak English fluently?

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Given how Marvel's current shows have treated their characters, I'm actually kind of dreading seeing Kamala appear. Oh dear lord please don't screw this up Marvel. Seeing their total destruction of Batroc the Leaper's character in USM is bad enough.
    Well, i dont think that Kamala breaking the fourth wall is that bad.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Yeah even when you say that I got a sense of worry.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Well, i dont think that Kamala breaking the fourth wall is that bad.
    Maybe in Kamala's case, it may not be so much breaking the fourth wall as it is her simply being genre-savvy. Like she recognizes how superheroes and supervillains usually work and isn't afraid to call them out on it.

Kamala: (in an evil lair rigged to explode) A self-destruct sequence? I never understood why supervillains would install such things into their lairs. I mean, they go through all the trouble to build the place and they just blow it up the moment someone sneaks in and beats them? Waste of good time and money, if you ask me.
    She is Kamala Khan... The Magnificent Ms. Marvel!

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    Yeah even when you say that I got a sense of worry.
    Oh comeo on, it's even canon that she likes to write fan-fics, so the silly tone of current cartoons is perfect for her.
    (Im pretty sure that she has wrote at least one slash fic.)

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Well, he is basically just comedy relief for kid-heroes to beat-up on multiple times...I'd think a Cap Rogue would deserve a little better. That's like Traptster/Paste-Pot Pete levels.

BANNED

Very nice seeing Ms Marvel debut on a cartoon, marvel is really promoting her!

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, he is basically just comedy relief for kid-heroes to beat-up on multiple times...I'd think a Cap Rogue would deserve a little better. That's like Traptster/Paste-Pot Pete levels.
    Look, I love Batroc. I really do. I always enjoy seeing stories that treat him as a serious threat.

But he's a ridiculous character, and always has been. So I also enjoy stories that treat him as ridiculous. The terrible accent, the arrogant personality, the fact that he's a mercenary supervillain whose power is kicking - he makes for a fantastic comic relief character.

I actually feel the same way about the Trapster. He's not often taken seriously by stories, but he sometimes is, and it can be really neat to see. On the flip side, it's also fun seeing him made fun of.

There's nothing wrong with a kids' cartoon treating a goofy villain as comic relief. Batroc actually seems like kind of the perfect character to use for that sort of thing.