Page 83 of 326 FirstFirst ... 337379808182838485868793133183 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,245 of 4883

I think she should have a villain who's a classmate that also got turned Inhuman, for that classic "dark mirror" vibe.

Also does the next issue have any variants?
    Life Finds A Way
    God Loves Man Kills
    What Is Thy Bidding My Master
    Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken
    Till All Are One

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Centipede Damascus View Post
    I think she should have a villain who's a classmate that also got turned Inhuman, for that classic "dark mirror" vibe.
    Maybe the kid in hockey gear underwent a grotesque physical T-Gen and is trying to cover it up.

I don't think we're going to get a lot of villains as major players in this book for a little while. The main antagonist of Ms. Marvel up to this point has been culture shock; both between the decidedly more Western views of Kamala clashing with her traditional parents, and with the age-old generation gap between adults and teens/children. It's a rather unique take on the whole powers-responsibility complex Marvel was founded on. Of course, G. Willow Wilson will most likely continue to throw badguys of a less abstract nature at Kamala (putting my money on the pretty boy coming next arc being some kind of criminal empath), but the thesis of the story is more focused on Kamala's life and how her powers affect it.

Well the previews for next week hit and #11 is indeed not among them.

trente-et-un/treize responsarbre's Avatar

Yeah, Issue 11 is coming out February 4 :/
    (the link says the 5th but that's a thursday)

Hopefully they don't push back Issue 12, too. It's by a guest artist, so I think they should be okay on time.
    Last edited by responsarbre; 01-22-2015 at 10:52 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Why are we discussing not liking Kamala Khan or Captain Marvel in a Kamala Khan appreciation thread?
    I don't think anyone in this thread has said anything bad about Kamala. Some people are upset that Kamala practically idolizes Carol and they use Kamala's recent success to bash Carol's career as a superhero.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike82 View Post
    Some people are upset that Kamala practically idolizes Carol and they use Kamala's recent success to bash Carol's career as a superhero.
    One person. One person is upset that Kamala worships Carol. And it's a vaguely trollish thing to say because it's kind of ridiculous. Of course Kamala worships Carol. It's the whole reason she's Ms. Marvel. Why would she become Ms. Marvel if she wasn't a huge fan of Carol Danvers? And what's not to love about Carol? Selfless, compassionate, humorous, determined, powerful. She's everything I want a superhero to be. And Kamala is perfect to step up to the mantle of Ms. Marvel because she's all of those things as well, except she's inexperienced and a bit insecure, too. Perfect for a high schooler suddenly given super powers.

Not trying to be a troll but I read the first issue of this title and it really didn't grab me, but I see nothing but praise for it everywhere, does it get better as it goes on? Should I pick up a few more issues or is the first issue pretty indicative of the whole series?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Orb View Post
    Not trying to be a troll but I read the first issue of this title and it really didn't grab me, but I see nothing but praise for it everywhere, does it get better as it goes on? Should I pick up a few more issues or is the first issue pretty indicative of the whole series?
    I don't think the first issue is the best issue. I would argue that it doesn't really find its stride til #3. But #2 starts to move past the setup and after that it the pacing really takes off.

It's very slow, especially in the first five-issue arc. You've got to be patient for it to pay off.

Grab the first TPB, "No Normal" and see what you think.
    She is Kamala Khan... The Magnificent Ms. Marvel!

No need to force yourself to follow it just because everyone else seems to like it. Everyone's tastes are different. If you keep going with it and it still doesn't grab you, at least you gave it an honest try.

BANNED

Defacing racist bus ads.

BANNED

There is a danger if she becomes more identified as a symbol than as a character. If people think she or her title is going to be too preachy they might not pick it up.

BANNED

Even so, Kamala is being used in a positive manner. This would also be a clever way to attract attention to her book. People will see the Marvel name attached and think, "Oh, who is this? She's from Marvel?"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MCBT View Post
    Even so, Kamala is being used in a positive manner. This would also be a clever way to attract attention to her book. People will see the Marvel name attached and think, "Oh, who is this? She's from Marvel?"
    It could help and it could hurt.