Page 316 of 326 FirstFirst ... 216266306312313314315316317318319320 ... LastLast
Results 4,726 to 4,740 of 4883

I bought volume 7 and 8 from the comixology sale. I already owned 1-5 and i already had issues from volume 6 in floppies.

I keep saying that an animated format is the best way to put Kamala Khan in the movies or television, and with the recent trailer for Spider-Man: Into The Spider-Verse proving that it can work, I am hoping that this will lead to our favorite metamorphic maiden getting an animated film of her own someday.
    She is Kamala Khan... The Magnificent Ms. Marvel!

How about a cartoon series instead? They mentioned plans for Kamala in the MCU, so I wouldn't expect a cartoon movie too. But a series, spinning off from Avengers Secret Wars? It could faithfully adapt comic events, just in a different order... she leaves the Avengers, has some solo adventures, and ends up setting up the Champions (which would be the Zub roster minus Nadia, due to the Avengers cartoon already using Hope).

Of course she's in Marvel Rising: Secret Warriors as well.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Vol 8 Mecca is probably my favorite story for her so far.

Marvel Rising Alpha is out today...
    spoilers:
    Kamala panics, thinking Doreen - who she doesn't know is Squirrel Girl - has figured out her secret identity. Turns out it's her online handle Slothbaby she's figured out, and not her Ms Marvel identity. The tables are turned later though, when after a battle, the two heroines separately stow their costumes - and Kamala catches Doreen putting her headband in her bag. Looks like Ms Marvel just rumbled Squirrel Girl's secret identity!
    end of spoilers
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    How about a cartoon series instead? They mentioned plans for Kamala in the MCU, so I wouldn't expect a cartoon movie too. But a series, spinning off from Avengers Secret Wars? It could faithfully adapt comic events, just in a different order... she leaves the Avengers, has some solo adventures, and ends up setting up the Champions (which would be the Zub roster minus Nadia, due to the Avengers cartoon already using Hope).

Of course she's in Marvel Rising: Secret Warriors as well.
    I'd rather wait for a Ms. Marvel cartoon until after Marvel Animation gets a dramatic overhaul.

Default Marvel Rising - Alpha 1

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Marvel Rising Alpha is out today...
    spoilers:
    Kamala panics, thinking Doreen - who she doesn't know is Squirrel Girl - has figured out her secret identity. Turns out it's her online handle Slothbaby she's figured out, and not her Ms Marvel identity. The tables are turned later though, when after a battle, the two heroines separately stow their costumes - and Kamala catches Doreen putting her headband in her bag. Looks like Ms Marvel just rumbled Squirrel Girl's secret identity!
    end of spoilers
    It felt like a ridiculous amount of fluff not to mention numbering sequence of issues to drag out what looks like it's going to be a 3 issue origin of Emulator. From a #0 to a retitled #1 to a different title #1 - damn you, Marketing Strategists! It was a solid, standard, superhero outing with decent art. However it also felt as dramatic as an Archies comic with less character chemistry and comedy to care about. Also, Tippy-Toe was a little to eloquent for a squirrel for my liking. The text talk has been done before and it was just as annoying - but then again I'm more an oldtime reader. Any clues (or care) who King0fPWN might be?
    copyOfFirstPage._SX360_QL80_TTD_.jpg

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

I thought it was fun. It felt a little more of a Squirrel Girl story than a Ms. Marvel story at this point, but I appreciate that they took time to develop the characters. There were even two action scenes in the story. While I wouldn't call the stories epic, they did raise some interesting moments related to discovering each other's secret identity that I think they're going to explore going forward.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

The main comic, Champions and Exiles already have their job as being both a dramatic and fun piece, so I'm all for other books featuring Kamala being fluff. This was a bright spot in otherwise depressing week.

Champions #21 preview.
    http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com...-champions-21/

Infinity Countdown: Champions #1 is also due out on June 20, but there isn't a preview for that on AIPT.

You know, much as I like Kamala, I really want to see her admit to being wrong on this call over in Champions given what Miles finds because honestly, she has been on way too much of a high horse when it comes to the adult heroes ever since she formed the team.

Yeah, she'll be eating humble pie when Miles tells her about Amka.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    You know, much as I like Kamala, I really want to see her admit to being wrong on this call over in Champions given what Miles finds because honestly, she has been on way too much of a high horse when it comes to the adult heroes ever since she formed the team.
    To be fair however as much a villain is dangerous you can not just come out of nowhere and saying that he will be arrest or punch him for no good reason. Well maybe with the exception of some like Thanos.

Probably Carol has more information than Kamala and she could simply give this information to her instead of sending them out of the way or threatening to use force. Kamala is not wrong you can not presume that someone is bad or doing something illegal. So Miles and the rest of the team are investigating that's why they're there.

This is one more case where heroes prefer to solve things with punches before talking. It was a member of Carol's team who tried to knock out Kamala and his team first with a sleeping magic instead of talking.
    Last edited by Knives; 06-15-2018 at 08:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    To be fair however as much a villain is dangerous you can not just come out of nowhere and saying that he will be arrest or punch him for no good reason. Well maybe with the exception of some like Thanos.

Probably Carol has more information than Kamala and she could simply give this information to her instead of sending them out of the way or threatening to use force. Kamala is not wrong you can not presume that someone is bad or doing something illegal. So Miles and the rest of the team are investigating that's why they're there.

This is one more case where heroes prefer to solve things with punches before talking. It was a member of Carol's team who tried to knock out Kamala and his team first with a sleeping magic instead of talking.
    Except this guy is a villain whom the Avengers have dealt with before and he has set up a base of operations on these people's land. In fact, he openly admits that he will conquer the world after he has fixed the damage to it. While on paper, it may seem alright to let him continue what he's doing, it's also grossly irresponsible as the Champions are basically saying that he can be tomorrow's problem which ironically can be seen as a parallel to preventative measures being ignored today that can preserve the planet becoming the next generation's problem. And while Kamala's group didn't know about what he's got going on inside of his base, given his goals, he's not someone who can just be allowed to do as he pleases. Now if this were an unknown person and everything looked kosher on the surface, she might have a point but him being a super villain, Kamala's defense falls flat.