Page 44 of 326 FirstFirst ... 344041424344454647485494144 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Myetche View Post
    Um, yes. Except she's obviously not going to leave Jersey and her family for a few Inhumans.
    Unless SHIELD blows up her house............................................. ...

Question:

How do you feel about Kamala getting more involved with the Inhuman side of the Marvel Universe ? I don't mind Medusa or Lockjaw showing up in her book. I think it has potential to be fun but I don't want her book to suddenly become crowded with those characters. Especially since I love the fact that it's mostly self-contained and that she already kind of has a universe of her own (family, friends / sidekick, etc...).

How would you feel about her joining the NuHumans team ?

So far anyway, it looks like that Kamala will be meeting with Medusa only for #9, then #10 she'll be back left to her own devices (aside from Lockjaw).

It's very probable that Medusa will just simply be one of the "teachers" Kamala is looking for, then Kamala will probably insist on still staying in Jersey.

I'm not sure about all the NuHumans like Flint, Inferno, Lineage, and etc., but I'm very excited to watch the adorable adventures of Kamala and her new Teleporting dog.

Attachment 9304
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

After reading up on Lockjaw and looking at some of the stuff he's been in, I can't wait to see what kind of wacky hijinks will ensue with him and Kamala. If Kamala won't join up with the rest of the Inhumans, Lockjaw at the very least can be a bridge of sorts.

Friendly reminder that #8 is tomorrow.
    She is Kamala Khan... The Magnificent Ms. Marvel!

Surprised no one commented on this yet. I just got #8 myself and...

spoilers:
    It was alright. Not a whole lot went on in this issue, but a quick summation:

Lockjaw finds his way to Kamala. Looking up on their universe's Facebook, the mutant rescued from #7, Julia Harrison, met up with a shady group in some spot on a map. Using Lockjaw's teleport, the duo find an abandoned power plant. One of the Inventor's giant robots is there and the two defeat it, but they discover the power source is the teenage guard of the hideout house from #4. They take the kid to a hospital, but not before a tiny Inventor bot latches itself onto Kamala. When Kamala goes to school next day during class we see the beginning of a splintering friendship between Kamala and Nakia. But the bot becomes giant and wrecks the classroom. Everyone escapes but Kamala is caught in the rubble, and it seems that she can't transform.

Seems that one of the themes of this arc (#8 is the beginning of a 4 part arc it seems) is how Kamala is observing all these bad things happening to her fellow teens, and questioning why her generation is being forced into adult things so soon. So that's why the title of this issue is "Generation Why".

Alphona's art makes a return and it's much welcome. Nothing against Wyatt since #6 and #7 looked good too, but Alphona's art just signifies Kamala's story and its different look. Plus we get the return of background gags. Funny ones I can recall include www. facehead. blahblahblahblahblah. blahblahblahblah . and the classroom map showing that Canada is "Snow Mexico".
    end of spoilers

Next is October, with #9 and her two appearances in ASM #7 and #8.

All-New Member

It was a pretty cool issue. I really want Carol to come back to Earth so they can meet.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Xalfrea View Post
    her two appearances in ASM #7 and #8.
    I'm going to need to be reminded to pick those two up.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Shinken View Post
    It was a pretty cool issue. I really want Carol to come back to Earth so they can meet.
    Can't wait to see them having a chat.

Quote Originally Posted by Baron Samedi View Post
    Can't wait to see them having a chat.
    I imagine it will start with Carol being angry at Kamala for taking her old name without permission, though she'll ultimately let her keep it by the story's end after some kind of "you earned it" speech.
    Last edited by Myetche; 09-14-2014 at 09:12 AM.
    She is Kamala Khan... The Magnificent Ms. Marvel!

Quote Originally Posted by Myetche View Post
    I imagine it will start with Carol being angry at Kamala for taking her old name without permission, though she'll ultimately let her keep it by the story's end after some kind of "you earned it" speech.
    Nah, I don't see Carol being angry.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    Nah, I don't see Carol being angry.
    I would say that she is most likely to be weird out or just simply confused.

It's a shame really. I was liking Kamala's adventures, but I've gone of her now that she's animal murderer (or facilitating animal murder if you want).
    I wonder why the writer felt the need to have a teen character in an otherwise upbeat book partake in animal abuse.
    I'm sure people will rush to defend it by saying that it was trying to kill them. Maybe I'm old-fashioned, but I don't think a hero should go for the easy option of killing their enemy. And with Kamala's powers she could easily have subdued it. Not to mention it was just an animal being manipulated by the Inventor.
    And Wolverine giving a moral lesson on the necessity of killing as a superhero was frankly despicable.
    I thought this was supposed to be a lighthearted book, but I guess Marvel is in the business of breeding assassins these days.

Quote Originally Posted by NexusTenebrare View Post
    It's a shame really. I was liking Kamala's adventures, but I've gone of her now that she's animal murderer (or facilitating animal murder if you want).
    I wonder why the writer felt the need to have a teen character in an otherwise upbeat book partake in animal abuse.
    I'm sure people will rush to defend it by saying that it was trying to kill them. Maybe I'm old-fashioned, but I don't think a hero should go for the easy option of killing their enemy. And with Kamala's powers she could easily have subdued it. Not to mention it was just an animal being manipulated by the Inventor.
    And Wolverine giving a moral lesson on the necessity of killing as a superhero was frankly despicable.
    I thought this was supposed to be a lighthearted book, but I guess Marvel is in the business of breeding assassins these days.
    Well, you know that she still lives in the 616 universe and not in My Little Pony, right ?. And how long it has been since the last time you picked a marvel book ?; because this is still a lighthearted book.

And is not like that killing doesnt give result; if Magneto had killed the Red Skull years ago, they wouldnt had to deal the Red Onslaught nowdays.
    Last edited by dragonmp93; 09-14-2014 at 02:10 PM.