Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default "EMBIGGEN!" Ms. Marvel (Kamala Khan) Appreciation

]

Kamala Khan is just your typical Muslim/American teenage girl from Jersey City. This young fan of the Avengers, Carol Danvers, and fanfiction writing however would suddenly be thrust into a strange world of superheroism when she is mysteriously affected by the Terrigen Mist. Inspired by her idol Captain Marvel and a single act of heroism, she takes it upon herself to become the new Ms. Marvel and save the world. One trash robot at a time.

This is for the members of the Kamala Korps out there.
    Last edited by Xalfrea; 05-11-2014 at 06:23 AM.

She's awesome. She's adorable.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    And she's got a long way to go if she hopes to roll with the Avengers someday, but we all have to start somewhere.

Astonishing Member Enigmatic Undead's Avatar

"It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by Art School Dropout View Post
    Love this pic!!!!
    I was looking forward to Ms. Marvel since it was first announced. I put it on my pull list at my LCS. And so far it does not disappoint! I am really digging this comic. Her general dorkiness is not only adorable but endearing.
    I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.
    - George Washington

I love this comic.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    my thoughts exactly
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Saw the 4th issue preview, looks like Kamala can survive being shot, which is a really great thing to see.

Also, her attempt at making her first costume is really funny.

Extraordinary Member

Explain please.

Kamala is an Inhuman, as far as i understood what's been happening till now. That's how she got her powers when that mist came over. For those unfamiliar with Inhumans, please read further here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inhumans (specially "Infinity" and "Inhumanity" sections to understand last events that lead to Kamala).

So... If she is an Inhuman, my guess is that Kamala will star this title for a while, but eventually Ms. Marvel title will end and she will move to another title like "Inhuman" or any other telling more about the whole Inhuman people (Blackbolt, Medusa, Karnak, etc.).

Just a guess...
    Last edited by Nicodemus; 05-03-2014 at 01:26 PM.

Invincible Member

I think a Carol/Kahn meeting will happen sooner than later ( at least I hope so). The whole point for Kamala being a hero is cuz she's inspired by Carol/Avengers and in story she's made the news looking like old school Carol, so it seems like a meeting would be inevitable.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    Kamala is an Inhuman, as far as i understood what's been happening till now. That's how she got her powers when that mist came over. For those unfamiliar with Inhumans, please read further here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inhumans (specially "Infinity" and "Inhumanity" sections to understand last events that lead to Kamala).

So... If she is an Inhuman, my guess is that Kamala will star this title for a while, but eventually Ms. Marvel title will end and she will move to another title like "Inhuman" or any other telling more about the whole Inhuman people (Blackbolt, Medusa, Karnak, etc.).

Just a guess...
    Do you think Inhuman is going to last longer than Ms. Marvel? Because I gotta be honest, I don't see that happening. Inhuman was delayed long enough that it lost any momentum it might have had coming out of Infinity, and the concept of the book isn't particularly compelling. It's basically "X-Men without any characters anyone cares about." The Inhumans have some fans, but not enough to sustain an ongoing for more than a year. The only hope this comic had was to be Important, but the delays killed any chances of that happening, and we're already onto the next World-Shaking Event That Will Change Everything And Nothing Will Ever be The Same story with Original Sin. It's not going to do well, and it's not likely to be replaced with another Inhumans book. And if there is another Inhumans book, it's probably going to focus on the Royal Family, and maybe some other Inhumans from Attilan, and maybe a couple characters from the current Inhuman series.

Ms. Marvel, on the other hand, is a character that's got a lot of people excited, and already has a large number of passionate fans supporting it. It'll probably last a good couple of years, maybe even longer. Almost certainly longer than Inhuman lasts.

So, no, I don't see Kamala winding up in an Inhumans book.

If Kamala's series was to ever end, I'd rather she either permanently join Carol in her own series or make occasional appearances there.

I'm personally afraid of what might happen to Kamala if/when Ms. Marvel ends. As great as Marvel is at making teen characters, they don't have the best track record in terms of keeping them relevant and active.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    The main aspect of Kamala's Inhuman bloodline that's important is it and the Mist being the catalyst for her powers (it's not any more or less important to her entire character than being Muslim). She's really got no reason to be hanging around Medusa and the rest because she doesn't know them. At best, she'll likely want to find and ask them how she came about when no one else in her family was affected by the Mist, but she'll no doubt favor staying in Jersey City by the end.
    Last edited by Myetche; 05-03-2014 at 02:59 PM.
    She is Kamala Khan... The Magnificent Ms. Marvel!