Page 2 of 326 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

I'm curious to see how she reacts to the first real fight she gets in

she doesn't seem like the type to enjoy violence or hurting people (I don't even mean in a sadistic sense, I mean in the sense that Peter really seems to enjoy kicking thugs and supervillains around as spider-man). Kamala seems like someone that would have a different perspective than most heroes regarding the commonly accepted level of violence in cap comics, which would be interesting to see. Not necessarily a dedicated pacifist like Wonder Man, but someone who finds all violence distasteful, even when "necessary" would be cool to see.

BANNED

Interesting point.

That could be something cool to develop indeed.

Extraordinary Member

She'll probably come across a foe who 'forces her hand'.

Quote Originally Posted by Fearghaill View Post
    I'm curious to see how she reacts to the first real fight she gets in

she doesn't seem like the type to enjoy violence or hurting people (I don't even mean in a sadistic sense, I mean in the sense that Peter really seems to enjoy kicking thugs and supervillains around as spider-man). Kamala seems like someone that would have a different perspective than most heroes regarding the commonly accepted level of violence in cap comics, which would be interesting to see. Not necessarily a dedicated pacifist like Wonder Man, but someone who finds all violence distasteful, even when "necessary" would be cool to see.
    I think she's the kind of person who would favor dodging, tripping, and restraining enemies over outright clobbering them (not that she's above giving a thug a good punch to the face, as seen on the cover of #6). Basically, make the enemies hurt themselves more than she does, then finish off the stragglers.
    Last edited by Myetche; 05-01-2014 at 10:01 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Myetche View Post
    I think she's the kind of person who would favor dodging, tripping, and restraining enemies over outright clobbering them (not that she's above giving a thug a good punch to the face, as seen on the cover of #6). Basically, make the enemies hurt themselves more than she does, then finish off the stragglers.
    THIS.

She seems the type to fight defensively.
    Using their own bodies against them.

BANNED

Yeah, clearly she's a very different gal than Carol for example who tends to have a very "it's clobbering time" approach.

And well, it makes sens that the writer tries to propose something a bit different.

A question: given Marvel's love of adding adjectives to heroic names and titles (Uncanny, Amazing, Incredible, etc.), was one ever given to the title of Ms. Marvel? If not, then I think it's time she gets one.

She is Kamala Khan... The Magnificent Ms. Marvel.

BANNED

A question: given Marvel's love of adding adjectives to heroic names and titles (Uncanny, Amazing, Incredible, etc.), was one ever given to the title of Ms. Marvel? If not, then I think it's time she gets one.

She is Kamala Khan... The Magnificent Ms. Marvel.
    I like it!

Kamala's one of Marvel's most legit new characters in years, and her ongoing's been a lot of fun. I'm looking foward to seeing her grow into an amazing hero.

So... any idea on what we want for Kamala's villains? We know of The Inventor, and a few legacy opponents like Mystique and Moonstone are expected given the Ms. Marvel name, plus there's all those newly-created Inhumans that are no doubt running wild in Jersey City. Anything else?
    Last edited by Myetche; 05-01-2014 at 07:03 PM.
    She is Kamala Khan... The Magnificent Ms. Marvel!

BANNED

So... any idea on what we want for Kamala's villains? We know of The Inventor, and a few legacy opponents like Mystique and Moonstone are expected given the Ms. Marvel name, plus there's all those newly-created Inhumans that are no doubt running wild in Jersey City. Anything else?
    For some reason... the Wrecking Crew.

Still another month until #4...this waiting is torture.

When did the preview for #3 come out again before #3 itself hit the streets?

I just want to throw this out there: Kamala's first 3 issues have been pure gold. A greedy part of me wishes her book were published daily - that's how much I've enjoyed each issue. Waiting a month (roughly) between issues is killing me. I would love to see Kamala become sort of the next Peter Parker - a high school kid we get to watch grow up and become a true Marvel icon over hundreds of issues.

Ok, I've gushed and geeked out enough for one evening.

Quote Originally Posted by AgentVenom View Post
    I just want to throw this out there: Kamala's first 3 issues have been pure gold. A greedy part of me wishes her book were published daily - that's how much I've enjoyed each issue. Waiting a month (roughly) between issues is killing me. I would love to see Kamala become sort of the next Peter Parker - a high school kid we get to watch grow up and become a true Marvel icon over hundreds of issues.
    At the very least, we'll get a couple years' worth of some lighthearted heroics that hopefully aren't so bogged down in team-ups and big events all the time.
    Last edited by Myetche; 05-01-2014 at 09:38 PM.
    She is Kamala Khan... The Magnificent Ms. Marvel!

BANNED

If she does do some team-ups though... I'd love to see her, Robbie (Ghost Rider) and Sam (Nova) team-up.
    Seems like it'd be a fun dynamic.

Heck, she'd be cool as a New Warrior.