Page 3 of 326 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Alvarez View Post
    If she does do some team-ups though... I'd love to see her, Robbie (Ghost Rider) and Sam (Nova) team-up.
    Seems like it'd be a fun dynamic.

Heck, she'd be cool as a New Warrior.
    I really hope she meets Spider-girl sooner rather than later. A Kamala/Anya friendship is kind of an obvious parallel, but I feel like they have some legit common ground on which to build a friendship. And that would open the door for Kamala to meet Carol in a realistic way.

Quote Originally Posted by Alvarez View Post
    If she does do some team-ups though... I'd love to see her, Robbie (Ghost Rider) and Sam (Nova) team-up.
    Seems like it'd be a fun dynamic.

Heck, she'd be cool as a New Warrior.
    Well, the occasional buddy-up and team-up is fine (such as her upcoming encounter with Wolverine), but Kamala's better off staying as a mostly-solo act. Once she lands on those giant teams like the Avengers, she runs the risk of getting marginalized, and that's never good.

In other news, we've finally got some previews for #4, and it looks like Kamala's finally getting her heroic act together:
    http://www.comicvine.com/articles/ex...4/1100-148667/
    Last edited by Myetche; 05-02-2014 at 03:22 PM.
    She is Kamala Khan... The Magnificent Ms. Marvel!

In all honesty, I am geniunely surprised by how much I am a fan of this character (I didn't/don't really feel one way or another about Captain Marvel). It was the new title on my pull list that I was most worried about (given it being a new character and a new writer (although I was a fan of the artist)) and am happily glad to have picked this up.

Given her personality and powers, there are so many characters I think she'd actually work well with. For some reason, I really want to see her interact with Patriot.

Quote Originally Posted by Myetche View Post
    Well, the occasional buddy-up and team-up is fine (such as her upcoming encounter with Wolverine), but Kamala's better off staying as a mostly-solo act. Once she lands on those giant teams like the Avengers, she runs the risk of getting marginalized, and that's never good.

In other news, we've finally got some previews for #4, and it looks like Kamala's finally getting her heroic act together:
    I don't know if I want her hanging around with that scumbag child killer...
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Saw the 4th issue preview, looks like Kamala can survive being shot, which is a really great thing to see.

Also, her attempt at making her first costume is really funny.

I read the first issue and loved it. But got busy and now time to catch up. Weren't her powers explained by magic?
    Fav Wonder Woman traits: Strength, Compassion, Love...never holds a petty grudge. Xo

Quote Originally Posted by Top Carnivore View Post
    I read the first issue and loved it. But got busy and now time to catch up. Weren't her powers explained by magic?
    Kamala's of Inhuman blood. She got exposed to Terrigen Mist (which got released on the world in the Infinity story arc) and developed her powers from it. No magic involved.

Kamala's of Inhuman blood. She got exposed to Terrigen Mist (which got released on the world in the Infinity story arc) and developed her powers from it. No magic involved.
    Very cool. Thanks! Now I'm off to download the newest issues.
    Fav Wonder Woman traits: Strength, Compassion, Love...never holds a petty grudge. Xo

Really loving the previews. Especially love that background magazine gag "Asian Wedding Leftovers" and Ms. Marvel's first costume with her Fanny Pack utility belt and basic white sneakers. It's a good balance that shows that even though she's finally donning a costume, she's still a noob at it.
    Last edited by Xalfrea; 05-02-2014 at 05:24 PM.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=52560
    Sana Amanat Editor of Ms. Marvel.
    CBR TV.

Good interview. She's awesome (and Ms. Marvel too).
    SO LET THIS BE A LESSON. LEARN. YOUR. PLACE. - Prince Freeman

From watching Amanat, I have a feeling that she's already gotten the key to the winning formula, and her, along with GWW know exactly why Kamala is popular. It consequently proves the H8rs wrong.

It's not the Muslim aspect that makes her different and unique. Kamala's faith is an allegory and analogy for the readers' own unique traits that make Kamala connect to them. As such it's not entirely the main focus of the story. Sure her ethnicity and faith may have been a major selling point for getting people to talk about the story, but now that we're progressing through the book it's clear that the key is Kamala's personality and character.

Really can't wait to see the #4 issue. It's been a very long time since i've read something as beautifull and interesting as these Ms. Marvel's first 3 issues. Hope it oversells and the series continue for a long time. =)

We may end up getting something with Original Sins, considering

But I do hope that it's just a one time thing. There's still plenty of her to do on her own.

BANNED

Ah, the costume is starting to slowly take shape.

Very nice preview, can't freaking wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Xalfrea View Post
    We may end up getting something with Original Sins
    Like I said, OCCASIONAL team-ups are okay, but Kamala just seems better off away from the competition and in her own territory.

New York's got enough heroes. Let Jersey City be allowed to keep their own for once.