Page 317 of 326 FirstFirst ... 217267307313314315316317318319320321 ... LastLast
Results 4,741 to 4,755 of 4883

September solicit:
    msmarvel34.jpg
    MS. MARVEL #34
    G. WILLOW WILSON (W), NICO LEON (A) Cover by VALERIO SCHITI
    * BRUNO scrambles to find the root of MS. MARVEL'S powers going haywire...
    * ...As the SHOCKER'S net closes around Jersey City!
    * Can Ms. Marvel fight through her own fears to stop him?
    * And what will affect will Bruno's last-ditch effort have on... the FUTURE?!
    32 pages, $3.99.

Kinda figured the last solicit was hinting at an electrical villain. Though Kaboom would have been more fitting, at least she's facing a mid-tier established enemy and not some nobody.
    She is Kamala Khan... The Magnificent Ms. Marvel!

Yeah, a big name villain at last - and one that happens to be Kamala's Kryptonite, since electricity is her weak spot.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Myetche View Post
    September solicit:
    msmarvel34.jpg
    MS. MARVEL #34
    G. WILLOW WILSON (W), NICO LEON (A) Cover by VALERIO SCHITI
    * BRUNO scrambles to find the root of MS. MARVEL'S powers going haywire...
    * ...As the SHOCKER'S net closes around Jersey City!
    * Can Ms. Marvel fight through her own fears to stop him?
    * And what will affect will Bruno's last-ditch effort have on... the FUTURE?!
    32 pages, $3.99.

Kinda figured the last solicit was hinting at an electrical villain. Though Kaboom would have been more fitting, at least she's facing a mid-tier established enemy and not some nobody.
    There's an interesting fight. I'm going to love to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, a big name villain at last - and one that happens to be Kamala's Kryptonite, since electricity is her weak spot.
    Apparently, I found that Shocker doesn't use electricity. His suit fires concussive blasts, so outside of the immediate impact, her powers will be fine.

If anything, it sounds like Bruno messed something up with her powers during their study on her and now she has to deal with that while at the same time stop Shocker.
    Last edited by Myetche; 06-19-2018 at 04:40 PM.

Anyone else stop every once in a while, breathe, put on a smile and randomly think:

"Man I'm glad Kamala was successful and became a mainstay in the universe"

If she hadn't, I guess someone else would've had her ANAD Avengers and Secret Warriors roster spots and Champions might not have existed at all. And she would've vanished completely after IVX, along with most of the other Nuhumans such as Mosaic, another character who launched straight into a solo, but unlike Kamala, flopped hard.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

The emphasis on "THE FUTURE" has me a bit curious. Is this going to have something to do with one of the future Kamalas we've seen (Old Khan, President Khan, Genis-Khan)? Is she going to get a power boost or a status-quo shift that will affect her later down the road? Or is this just a teaser that won't really go anywhere?
    Last edited by Myetche; 06-19-2018 at 09:38 PM.

A rumour that popped up a few days ago definitely has me concerned for the future - since the rumour is that G Willow Wilson could be taking over Wonder Woman. She's not leaving Marvel and Kamala is she?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    A rumour that popped up a few days ago definitely has me concerned for the future - since the rumour is that G Willow Wilson could be taking over Wonder Woman. She's not leaving Marvel and Kamala is she?
    She signed an exclusive contract a few years back after Ms Marvel blew up, so unless that contract has already finished, I don't see that happening.

Even if it does happen, there's no reason she couldn't do both. I doubt she's go DC exclusive right now.

Kamala briefly popped up in today's Amazing Spider-Man Annual, punching Shocker as he tries to rob a bank. Funny, considering how she'll be facing Shocker in her own book very soon.

You mean Spectacular Spider-Man.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 06-21-2018 at 03:03 AM.

The preview for #31 is out and wow.. it gave away so much. She actually tells all the girls about her kiss and her feelings for Bruno. And Mike seems to be cool about it.

http://www.multiversitycomics.com/pr.../ms-marvel-31/
    Last edited by Slicknickshady; 06-21-2018 at 09:51 PM.

Ah, that'll be Lockjaw outside I assume.

I wonder if by the end of the issue, she'll have revealed her secret identity to the girls? After all, they probably want to know WHO she kissed, and how else would she explain Red Dagger?

Not your dad, I swear Ghostwise's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Myetche View Post
    Apparently, I found that Shocker doesn't use electricity. His suit fires concussive blasts, so outside of the immediate impact, her powers will be fine.
    Yes. Traditionally, the Shocker uses vibrations, and pneumatic impacts.
    Writeups.org -- huge encyclopaedia of characters, chiefly from super-hero comic books. It's great.

Astonishing Member

So I forget the up coming one is to have a number of different writers, or am I thinking of another comic?