Page 319 of 326 FirstFirst ... 219269309315316317318319320321322323 ... LastLast
Results 4,771 to 4,785 of 4883

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Wilson was directly involved in Marvel Rising and wrote one of the issues, though that issue isn't out yet.
    I think that book was mentioned as not taking place in 616.
    She is Kamala Khan... The Magnificent Ms. Marvel!

By this point I've given up on at which points certain stories take place outside the main book. I mean for the most part they're handled by other writers after all. If say Wilson were writing Kamala for all of her appearances outside the main book and there were tons of inconsistencies, that would be a little concerning.

Quote Originally Posted by Myetche View Post
    I think that book was mentioned as not taking place in 616.
    Pretty sure it is 616. Unbeatable Squirrel Girl references her tutoring job from Marvel Rising.

Astonishing Member

Man one line that could have been just a continuity mistake and everyone one is bringing their idea maps to find out when and where this happens, and I am just realizing one of the writers works at the dailyshow.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    Pretty sure it is 616. Unbeatable Squirrel Girl references her tutoring job from Marvel Rising.
    I'm sure the people behind Squirrel Girl consider other books canon, but Wilson usually doesn't. She never says anything about Kamala being with the Champions, after all.
    She is Kamala Khan... The Magnificent Ms. Marvel!

Quote Originally Posted by Myetche View Post
    I'm sure the people behind Squirrel Girl consider other books canon, but Wilson usually doesn't. She never says anything about Kamala being with the Champions, after all.
    She hasn't had a reason to bring up the Champions yet. But she did make use of Ms. Marvel being an Avenger. It comes down to scale. Ms. Marvel is a title that is fairly small-scale. It's about Kamala and her life in Jersey. So there just isn't much call for the Champions. The book's still canon. Wilson's still writing in the 616. She just keeps it focused on a slice of Jersey in the 616.

Marvel Rising SG/MM preview (I hate these titles they have for this)

Well that preview is delightful and I love it.

So apparently these are meant to tie-in to the Marvel Rising cartoon but are also set in 616 continuity...weird .

The writing seems pretty in-line with the Ms. Marvel and Unbeatable Squirrel Girl book. With that in mind, the two characters/franchises actually mesh surprisingly well.

Inferno getting his Inhuman Johnny Storm on there.

Yeah, remember, in the cartoon, Doreen will have long hair. If this was AU, she'd have that long hair in the comic too. But since it's in 616, it has to be consistent with her solo, hence her usual short hair.

And by the way, the scene in which Kamala mentioned Doreen in Ms Marvel 31 wasn't even written by Wilson. Rainbow Rowell wrote the Skunk Girl pages.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    She hasn't had a reason to bring up the Champions yet. But she did make use of Ms. Marvel being an Avenger. It comes down to scale. Ms. Marvel is a title that is fairly small-scale. It's about Kamala and her life in Jersey. So there just isn't much call for the Champions. The book's still canon. Wilson's still writing in the 616. She just keeps it focused on a slice of Jersey in the 616.
    Wasp also lives in New Jersey. An appearance from her would justify a Champions reference, but Nadia has yet to reciprocate after Kamala appeared in her first solo issue.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 06-29-2018 at 12:24 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Amazing Member

Sigh...I wish artists would play around with her stretching more. Ever since she learned how to bend herself to dodge projectiles, we haven’t seen her do anything like that at all recently! Like this digi bird thing? Wrap her torso around it until it’s restrained!
    Maybe stretchy her arms and punch in unpredictable directions? Or maybe curl her into a ball, and have hulk throw her giving her some extra power into an embiggened fist! Oh! Maybe Stretch out her leg for a huge whip kick! At least stretch her torso or neck to survey situations sometimes or simply see what her friends are up to, y’know? Exaggerate her ability! Show her having fun with them like a kid WOULD! Lol
    I feel like some fun imagery potential and kamala creativity is being missed out with her. I like her embiggen fists but sometimes I think people believe that’s the only thing she can do. What do you guys think?

EDIT: ok there’s one tiny frame in the marvel rising comic last month, but they can do better..

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So apparently these are meant to tie-in to the Marvel Rising cartoon but are also set in 616 continuity...weird .

The writing seems pretty in-line with the Ms. Marvel and Unbeatable Squirrel Girl book. With that in mind, the two characters/franchises actually mesh surprisingly well.

Inferno getting his Inhuman Johnny Storm on there.
    It’s so stupid. It should be either one or another. 616 or Cartoon. My guess is nothing happens in the comic that interferes with solo books so why not have it be both. Idk.

Amazing Member

Ummm....guys....is this real????
    I stumbled across a post on tumblr about a leaked new spider-man movie script snippet involving kamala
    And it’s circulating through a lot of people..
    Just wanted to see if the best Kamala experts can tell me if this is real or fake.
    http://kamala-korps.tumblr.com/post/...ider-man-movie

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelManiac View Post
    Ummm....guys....is this real????
    I stumbled across a post on tumblr about a leaked new spider-man movie script snippet involving kamala
    And it’s circulating through a lot of people..
    Just wanted to see if the best Kamala experts can tell me if this is real or fake.
    http://kamala-korps.tumblr.com/post/...ider-man-movie
    obvious fan creation, because while kamala is from new jersey, she's never been written like a stereotypical "jersey girl".
    "Magneto, you ARE the father!"