Page 322 of 326 FirstFirst ... 222272312318319320321322323324325326 LastLast
Results 4,816 to 4,830 of 4883

Isn't her mask meant to be the same blue as the rest of her costume? And the red parts look pink!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

It's been established early on that the usual rules of mass don't apply to Kamala like they do with other shapeshifters. There's also how Bruno was able to make actual living clones that continued to replicate out of a tiny sample of her put in a 3D printer.

There's something else about Kamala, I just know it. And this arc may finally shed some light on her.
    Last edited by Myetche; 07-06-2018 at 03:09 PM.
    She is Kamala Khan... The Magnificent Ms. Marvel!

Astonishing Member

So after seeing Ant-man and the Wasp would anyone like to see Kamala have an arc where she is small for most of it, maybe make it a crossover with the new Wasp comic?

Doesn't need to be a crossover - it could happen in Champions instead of their solos. Kamala appearing in Unstoppable Wasp again wouldn't be surprising though, both because of them being teammates now and because Kamala was one of the guest stars (along with Mockingbird) in UW vol 1 #1.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Doesn't need to be a crossover - it could happen in Champions instead of their solos. Kamala appearing in Unstoppable Wasp again wouldn't be surprising though, both because of them being teammates now and because Kamala was one of the guest stars (along with Mockingbird) in UW vol 1 #1.
    Well they are the only ones who have shrinking abilities so Champions would feel a little weird, and I put crossover for equal footing.

Did you read No Surrender? Nadia can actually shrink other people, she did it to Beast. Besides, the rest of the team could just be busy somewhere else. In Champions 21, Miles was rescuing the captive Snowguard, while the others were fighting Alpha Flight.

Astonishing Member

Did you read No Surrender? Nadia can actually shrink other people, she did it to Beast. Besides, the rest of the team could just be busy somewhere else. In Champions 21, Miles was rescuing the captive Snowguard, while the others were fighting Alpha Flight.
    Yes I did, but the point is shrinking is part of their powers so it would specialize in that. If the whole team is then what is almost the point of making it a small adventure it would be written like no real change compared to these 2 because it would only focus on those 2 since crossover.

Amazing Member

SPOILERS! SORRY I DONT KNOW HOW TO DO THE HIDEY SPOILER THING SO YOUVE BEEN WARNED!!! DX
    Just watched School for Hard Knocks episode of spider-man, and I gotta say this Ms. Marvel is in ways
    Better than what they did to her in The avengers secret wars cartoon but in some ways not better. In secret wars, they made her a bit TOO nerdy and made her dialogue kinda cringey while being too needy for the Avengers. Here, they had her striving for a little more, being more independent and I can sorta see this one being a little more accurate if done right.
    They gave her a kinda serious personality here is because it’s her first solo mission and she wanted to prove herself as her own hero since she literally works with the god of thunder and THEE captain America so it’s not really out of character. She gets buddy buddy with Spidey by the end which was nice, but I wish they had a liiiittle nerd moment or something for fun. It was a cool team up episode with some nice scenes. Since this is a different universe where Spidey is a kid and isn’t a well known hero with an awesome preceding reputation, I can see why Ms. Marvel didn’t fangirl like she did in the comics. By the end it was alright, nothing to get mad over, plus it gives some good publicity! Hopefully Kamala appears more in the future or gets her own cartoon with a better budget. Lol

Any media exposure of the character outside the comics is welcome, even if it's slightly off.

I still maintain the best adaptation of Kamala is in the Future Avengers anime, and even then it's hard to tell whether or not its because they got the core of Kamala's character relunctancy to be a hero down, or if they just followed the reluctant anime heroine tropes to a T.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelManiac View Post
    SPOILERS! SORRY I DONT KNOW HOW TO DO THE HIDEY SPOILER THING SO YOUVE BEEN WARNED!!! DX
    Just watched School for Hard Knocks episode of spider-man, and I gotta say this Ms. Marvel is in ways
    Better than what they did to her in The avengers secret wars cartoon but in some ways not better. In secret wars, they made her a bit TOO nerdy and made her dialogue kinda cringey while being too needy for the Avengers. Here, they had her striving for a little more, being more independent and I can sorta see this one being a little more accurate if done right.
    They gave her a kinda serious personality here is because it’s her first solo mission and she wanted to prove herself as her own hero since she literally works with the god of thunder and THEE captain America so it’s not really out of character. She gets buddy buddy with Spidey by the end which was nice, but I wish they had a liiiittle nerd moment or something for fun. It was a cool team up episode with some nice scenes. Since this is a different universe where Spidey is a kid and isn’t a well known hero with an awesome preceding reputation, I can see why Ms. Marvel didn’t fangirl like she did in the comics. By the end it was alright, nothing to get mad over, plus it gives some good publicity! Hopefully Kamala appears more in the future or gets her own cartoon with a better budget. Lol
    They should make a Champions cartoon! They wouldn't be able to use Cyclops (they're still not using X-Men in cartoons) or Nadia (because of Hope in Avengers), but everyone else is adaptable and there's several substitutes available.

Spoiler tag code is [ spoil ] text [/ spoil ] without the spaces.

when is her solo video game and solo animated series coming out?

Ultimate Member

I want someone to explain this logic to me-

This is a comment about Ms Marvel found on youtube.

But EDITED Marvel wants a Muslim writer on the character and that's why the character has gone nowhere fast.
    I am trying to figure that logic out.

A character with a trade that since 2014 has been a top seller on Amazon.
    An action figure
    merchadise
    A cartoon movie role
    The only female of color at Marvel with the most solo issues (she's 2 years away from catching Cassandra Cain)

So how is she going nowhere???

Especially when the comment comes from somebody who doesn't read her book but takes issue with the 50th issues being about a sleepover.

You pretty much get a plot for a kids show. One kid has a party and tries to be in different places at once.

You forgot "member of the Avengers in both comics and cartoons" and "leads her own team (Champions)".

And there's nothing to say they insist on a Muslim writer. But Willow writes what she knows and as things stand the book is hers until she chooses to leave. Anyway, ANAD Avengers, Champions, Secret Warriors and Rising weren't written by Muslims (though Exiles is, I think?).

Ultimate Member

You forgot "member of the Avengers in both comics and cartoons" and "leads her own team (Champions)".

And there's nothing to say they insist on a Muslim writer. But Willow writes what she knows and as things stand the book is hers until she chooses to leave. Anyway, ANAD Avengers, Champions, Secret Warriors and Rising weren't written by Muslims (though Exiles is, I think?).
    That's what I thought. I mean for all the CRIES of research and learning about other cultures G Willow Wilson did that and BEYOND. It's not like she is making up anything.

How is she a failure? For a book NO ONE expected to reach issue 7 is now at 50 issues.

And a little background on that quote-it's by a guy who has not READ a Marvel book in 20 years.
    He claimed Black Panther would put Marvel out of business. We saw how that went. Now he claims Cap Marvel with Carol's movie will do it.
    He does no research.

Niffleheim

Will Wilson leave Ms. Marvel now that she will be writing Wonder Woman?