Page 4 of 326 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 4883
  1. #46
    Relic Seeker Pinsir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Ravnica
    Posts
    3,684

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Myetche View Post
    Like I said, OCCASIONAL team-ups are okay, but Kamala just seems better off away from the competition and in her own territory.

    New York's got enough heroes. Let Jersey City be allowed to keep their own for once.
    This. I don't want Marvel-style endless events interrupting my Kamala.
    Want to read Wonder Woman stories, but don't know where to start? Check out my top 10 lists for Golden Age, Silver Age, Bronze Age and Modern Age Wonder Woman tales!

    I don't dislike the MCU films because they're Marvel branded, I dislike them because they're bad films.

  2. #47
    Astonishing Member Xalfrea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,548

    Default

    IMO, they're bound to happen eventually. But the good news is that right now she is so far away from the action that she can get a good number of solo issues and tales in before the Marvel Universe ends up coming to her.

    Her joining a possible group though shouldn't happen until later. MUCH later, like say way during the double digits assuming the series will go that far. It also would be cool though, and a great development for her character, if she is offered to join with one of the heroes and travel around the world, but she declines for one reason or another.

    Say for example, she meets with Carol or one of the Avengers. Kamala's wish finally comes true. After she does a teamup or something, Carol or someone else can offer her a chance to join and travel the world and kick butt. Kamala would find the offer tempting, but she would discover that she's become so attached to Jersey City to leave it wouldn't be right. She would decline and the other hero would respect that, but should trouble arise, Kamala knows where to find them.

  3. #48
    Jedi Knight AgentVenom's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Knowhere
    Posts
    31

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xalfrea View Post
    IMO, they're bound to happen eventually. But the good news is that right now she is so far away from the action that she can get a good number of solo issues and tales in before the Marvel Universe ends up coming to her.

    Her joining a possible group though shouldn't happen until later. MUCH later, like say way during the double digits assuming the series will go that far. It also would be cool though, and a great development for her character, if she is offered to join with one of the heroes and travel around the world, but she declines for one reason or another.

    Say for example, she meets with Carol or one of the Avengers. Kamala's wish finally comes true. After she does a teamup or something, Carol or someone else can offer her a chance to join and travel the world and kick butt. Kamala would find the offer tempting, but she would discover that she's become so attached to Jersey City to leave it wouldn't be right. She would decline and the other hero would respect that, but should trouble arise, Kamala knows where to find them.
    And, ya know, should maybe finish high school first - this ain't Harry Potter

  4. #49
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    11,907

    Default

    The obvious guest star to use would be Carol.

  5. #50
    Extraordinary Member DebkoX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Global
    Posts
    6,623

    Default

    Yeah, it makes sense.
    That is the land of lost content, I see it shining plain, the happy highways where I went and cannot come again.

  6. #51
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,623

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    The obvious guest star to use would be Carol.
    That's true, but either the creators are stretching that point out till the end of year one or Marvel recognizes that Carol isn't actually a big enough star to boost the sales of Ms Marvel. So they can afford to wait to get around to that.

  7. #52
    BANNED
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    107

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    The obvious guest star to use would be Carol.
    It so going to happen indeed. It has to.

  8. #53
    Jedi Knight AgentVenom's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Knowhere
    Posts
    31

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ceebiro View Post
    That's true, but either the creators are stretching that point out till the end of year one or Marvel recognizes that Carol isn't actually a big enough star to boost the sales of Ms Marvel. So they can afford to wait to get around to that.
    Rather than Carol not being "a big enough star", I bet Marvel assumes anyone reading Captain Marvel is already reading Ms Marvel, because the two fandoms are already known to overlap and interact so openly, so vocally, and so joyously. A Carol/Kamala wouldn't attract any new sales to either book, while Wolverine, Cap, Spidey, etc fans may not have Kamala on their radar already and having her meet those characters could win new readers… Of course, I want Carol and Kamala to meet and be awesome besties, but I'm willing to wait so it can be perfect and not forced

  9. #54
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    11,907

    Default

    It's not about boosting sales. It's much more about Kamala meeting her idol/inspiration, which is the most logical thing in the world to happen.

  10. #55
    Extraordinary Member DebkoX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Global
    Posts
    6,623

    Default

    Aye. I hate the idea that it needs 'boosting'.
    That is the land of lost content, I see it shining plain, the happy highways where I went and cannot come again.

  11. #56
    Rookie Member Nicodemus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    54

    Default

    Have you all considered Kamala moving from Ms. Marvel's comic to another title more "Inhuman" like?

  12. #57
    Extraordinary Member DebkoX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Global
    Posts
    6,623

    Default

    Explain please.

  13. #58
    Rookie Member Nicodemus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    54

    Default

    Kamala is an Inhuman, as far as i understood what's been happening till now. That's how she got her powers when that mist came over. For those unfamiliar with Inhumans, please read further here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inhumans (specially "Infinity" and "Inhumanity" sections to understand last events that lead to Kamala).

    So... If she is an Inhuman, my guess is that Kamala will star this title for a while, but eventually Ms. Marvel title will end and she will move to another title like "Inhuman" or any other telling more about the whole Inhuman people (Blackbolt, Medusa, Karnak, etc.).

    Just a guess...
    Last edited by Nicodemus; 05-03-2014 at 01:26 PM.

  14. #59
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    14,849

    Default

    I think a Carol/Kahn meeting will happen sooner than later ( at least I hope so). The whole point for Kamala being a hero is cuz she's inspired by Carol/Avengers and in story she's made the news looking like old school Carol, so it seems like a meeting would be inevitable.

  15. #60

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    Kamala is an Inhuman, as far as i understood what's been happening till now. That's how she got her powers when that mist came over. For those unfamiliar with Inhumans, please read further here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inhumans (specially "Infinity" and "Inhumanity" sections to understand last events that lead to Kamala).

    So... If she is an Inhuman, my guess is that Kamala will star this title for a while, but eventually Ms. Marvel title will end and she will move to another title like "Inhuman" or any other telling more about the whole Inhuman people (Blackbolt, Medusa, Karnak, etc.).

    Just a guess...
    Do you think Inhuman is going to last longer than Ms. Marvel? Because I gotta be honest, I don't see that happening. Inhuman was delayed long enough that it lost any momentum it might have had coming out of Infinity, and the concept of the book isn't particularly compelling. It's basically "X-Men without any characters anyone cares about." The Inhumans have some fans, but not enough to sustain an ongoing for more than a year. The only hope this comic had was to be Important, but the delays killed any chances of that happening, and we're already onto the next World-Shaking Event That Will Change Everything And Nothing Will Ever be The Same story with Original Sin. It's not going to do well, and it's not likely to be replaced with another Inhumans book. And if there is another Inhumans book, it's probably going to focus on the Royal Family, and maybe some other Inhumans from Attilan, and maybe a couple characters from the current Inhuman series.

    Ms. Marvel, on the other hand, is a character that's got a lot of people excited, and already has a large number of passionate fans supporting it. It'll probably last a good couple of years, maybe even longer. Almost certainly longer than Inhuman lasts.

    So, no, I don't see Kamala winding up in an Inhumans book.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •