Page 5 of 326 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    So... If she is an Inhuman, my guess is that Kamala will star this title for a while, but eventually Ms. Marvel title will end and she will move to another title like "Inhuman" or any other telling more about the whole Inhuman people (Blackbolt, Medusa, Karnak, etc.).
    The main aspect of Kamala's Inhuman bloodline that's important is it and the Mist being the catalyst for her powers (it's not any more or less important to her entire character than being Muslim). She's really got no reason to be hanging around Medusa and the rest because she doesn't know them. At best, she'll likely want to find and ask them how she came about when no one else in her family was affected by the Mist, but she'll no doubt favor staying in Jersey City by the end.
    Last edited by Myetche; 05-03-2014 at 02:59 PM.
    She is Kamala Khan... The Magnificent Ms. Marvel!

If Kamala's series was to ever end, I'd rather she either permanently join Carol in her own series or make occasional appearances there.

I'm personally afraid of what might happen to Kamala if/when Ms. Marvel ends. As great as Marvel is at making teen characters, they don't have the best track record in terms of keeping them relevant and active.

Finally go to the comic book store to get muh comics

> sold out on Ms Marvel #3
    > had to place order for it, wont come till next week
    > this combined with the fact Rocketgirl was delayed a month again

Thanks Obama
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Quote Originally Posted by Rozen View Post
    I'm personally afraid of what might happen to Kamala if/when Ms. Marvel ends. As great as Marvel is at making teen characters, they don't have the best track record in terms of keeping them relevant and active.
    I think the best they can do with Kamala when the book gets axed is to simply leave her in Jersey City and never mention or reference her again (which is easy to do, given how New York is the center of the Marvel Universe). I'd rather let her simply fade away into obscurity and keep her successes than let some other writer with no handle on Wilson's work ruin or kill her character.

Quote Originally Posted by Myetche View Post
    The main aspect of Kamala's Inhuman bloodline that's important is it and the Mist being the catalyst for her powers (it's not any more or less important to her entire character than being Muslim). She's really got no reason to be hanging around Medusa and the rest because she doesn't know them. At best, she'll likely want to find and ask them how she came about when no one else in her family was affected by the Mist, but she'll no doubt favor staying in Jersey City by the end.
    Yeah, she's got no reason now, but as she starts to understand her powers and to get attention of villains and heroes, that may change in time. Is that good? Is that bad? Really can't say. All i can say is that i never been found of Inhumans, but end up liking very much "Ms. Marvel" and "Inhuman" titles.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    Yeah, she's got no reason now, but as she starts to understand her powers and to get attention of villains and heroes, that may change in time. Is that good? Is that bad? Really can't say. All i can say is that i never been found of Inhumans, but end up liking very much "Ms. Marvel" and "Inhuman" titles.
    Again, Ms. Marvel will probably last much longer than Inhuman. Inhuman will probably make it to a year, Ms. Marvel will probably last at least another half-year beyond that, maybe even longer.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little worried about the pacing of the comic.

I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and say that, especially with the latest previews, #4 and #5 is where we're starting to see Kamala get into the action. I can also believe that the first 5 issues were meant to be her origin.

But does anyone else think that they drew out things a little too much and not getting to the point already? Or do you like that they're really taking their time and delving into Kamala's character and her world?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Xalfrea View Post
    Or do you like that they're really taking their time and delving into Kamala's character and her world?
    That's one of my favorite aspects.

Quote Originally Posted by Xalfrea View Post
    I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little worried about the pacing of the comic.

I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and say that, especially with the latest previews, #4 and #5 is where we're starting to see Kamala get into the action. I can also believe that the first 5 issues were meant to be her origin.

But does anyone else think that they drew out things a little too much and not getting to the point already? Or do you like that they're really taking their time and delving into Kamala's character and her world?
    I appreciate the focus on character development, but the pace could use a bit of a boost. This book can't afford to dawdle and lose readers' attention too quickly, not in this era of comics needing to keep readers hooked almost constantly.

Kamala should be getting her full costume, her name, and be doing some proper heroics by August at the latest. Any longer and it'll just come across as dragging out too much. Also, we need to see more villains for her to fight, and I mean for HER (no simply swiping villains from other heroes' rosters).
    Last edited by Myetche; 05-04-2014 at 06:02 PM.

Ultimate Member

Considering that her attempt to break up a simple convenience store robbery ended with her getting shot, she's nowhere near ready to take on actual supervillains yet.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Considering that her attempt to break up a simple convenience store robbery ended with her getting shot, she's nowhere near ready to take on actual supervillains yet.
    Unless the next issue opens with her healing herself or somethin.

Ultimate Member

It still shows that she's not even close to being ready to take on hardened criminals regardless. I like the gradual buildup. I'm enjoying the ride.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    It still shows that she's not even close to being ready to take on hardened criminals regardless. I like the gradual buildup. I'm enjoying the ride.
    Yeah, for real. She's what, 16? And had super-powers for all of a weekend? She's not exactly ready to face off against Thanos, or Doom, or Ultron.

Quote Originally Posted by AgentVenom View Post
    Yeah, for real. She's what, 16? And had super-powers for all of a weekend? She's not exactly ready to face off against Thanos, or Doom, or Ultron.
    And I think it's best if she didn't get tied up with fiends like them at all.