Page 51 of 326 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101151 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Saitou Hajime View Post
    Isn't it awfully risky for Lockjaw to be seen around both Kamala and Ms Marvel?
    To be fair, I don't think Lockjaw's connection to the Inhuman inner caste is well-known. And as for how he looks, it's the Marvel universe. Even if it is Jersey City there's gotta be weirder things around nearly all the time.

"Hey that dog's kinda big. And I think it's got cutlery stuck to its head?"

"WHO CARES, DAREDEVIL AND WHITE TIGER ARE OVER THERE HAVING A FIGHT WITH STILT-MAN II AND A GUY DRIVING A MOTORIZED HEAVILY-ARMED FERRIS WHEEL!!"

"COOL!"

It's not a huge suspension of disbelief.

And #9 was lovely. A little bummed that Kamala's person-to-person shapeshifting seems to be getting phased out (permanently?) though I concede it works w/r/t the character becoming more confident in who she is, and thus has no need to hide behind the face of Captain Marvel or anyone else.
    The X-Books Board is wretched and does not deserve the Domino Appreciation Thread.

Quote Originally Posted by CraigTheCylon View Post
    A little bummed that Kamala's person-to-person shapeshifting seems to be getting phased out (permanently?) though I concede it works w/r/t the character becoming more confident in who she is, and thus has no need to hide behind the face of Captain Marvel or anyone else.
    I'm pretty sure the Mystique-level shapeshifting isn't going to be leaving. It's just that Kamala is confident enough to not have to hide beneath another face when she's actively superhero-ing, though she probably won't be above, say, morphing into an enemy soldier to infiltrate an evil lair or something.
    Last edited by Myetche; 10-16-2014 at 07:02 AM.
    She is Kamala Khan... The Magnificent Ms. Marvel!

Bumping to remind that Amazing Spider-Man #8 should be coming out this Wednesday. We'll see how Kamala gets out of Minerva's claws then.

... oh, and something about Spider-Verse. But who cares?

me, myself and I.
    I surrender to the Contest

So, with the Marvel solicits so far we don't have all of them yet, but here's something...

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/10/...-thor-vs-ther/

S.H.I.E.L.D. #2
    MARK WAID (w) • HUMBERTO RAMOS (A)
    Cover by JULIAN TOTINO TEDESCO
    Variant cover by HUMBERTO RAMOS
    WELCOME HOME VARIANT COVER BY TBA

• Why has SHIELD agent Jemma Simmons gone undercover at the Coles Academic High School in Jersey City?

• Maybe it has something to do with the all-new Ms Marvel…

• …and the most dangerous lunch meal ever served

32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99
    The solicits are still coming so nothing yet on Ms. Marvel #12.

BANNED

I swear to glob, if Rich Johnston is trying to make "Ther" a thing...

Quote Originally Posted by ImprobableQuestion View Post
    I swear to glob, if Rich Johnston is trying to make "Ther" a thing...
    Better than the alternative of Whor that another site uses.

I do like Kamala and I think her book is going places. I think it needs to step a bit out there and add another villain into the mix so it's not 12 issues of her vs. Inventor. They have a chance to really build a rogues gallery.

I also hope they start coming up with more and more creative ways she uses her powers.

So... what's the deal with Kamala's healing abilities? And they're tied to her identity altering ablities? Is that correct?

The more she heals, the less capapble she is of impersonating other people?

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    So... what's the deal with Kamala's healing abilities? And they're tied to her identity altering ablities? Is that correct?

Yep. It's like trying to do a virus scan while doing something else on the computer.

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    Yep. It's like trying to do a virus scan while doing something else on the computer.
    Ha ha ha. That's actually a really funny way of explaining. Nice.

So I looked up, and I didn't realize that this SHIELD comic is only just starting next year, and I just noticed that Kamala is appearing in only their second issue.

I wonder if they're really banking on the Kamala popularity to help boost sales of that book early on. But then that just goes to show how far Kamala's book is going, then.

Apparently Kamala isn't in the plans for Avengers Alliance yet. But hey, seeing how fast that game blows through characters, can't be much longer.

Quote Originally Posted by a0040pc View Post
    I wonder if we'll see Kamala test the upper limits of her powers. Like how far she can stretch or increase and decrease her overall size.
    Are you saying we need...a Ms. Marvel BALLOON?!
    Last edited by Songbird/Diamondback; 10-21-2014 at 08:12 AM.

More like the more Kamala heals, the less she can shapeshift, period. She was lucky to barely have enough stamina to fight with her stretching/expanding limbs (which would likely take a lot less energy to do than forming a detailed costume onto your skin) after all that healing, and she passed out after it was all over.

Quote Originally Posted by Xalfrea View Post
    So I looked up, and I didn't realize that this SHIELD comic is only just starting next year, and I just noticed that Kamala is appearing in only their second issue.

I wonder if they're really banking on the Kamala popularity to help boost sales of that book early on. But then that just goes to show how far Kamala's book is going, then.
    Ignoring the sales angle, it was inevitable that Kamala gets noticed by SHIELD. A shame...
    Last edited by Myetche; 10-21-2014 at 10:26 AM.

How long i know, she simply cant use her power while healing.

Quote Originally Posted by Myetche View Post
    More like the more Kamala heals, the less she can shapeshift, period. She was lucky to barely have enough stamina to fight with her stretching/expanding limbs (which would likely take a lot less energy to do than forming a detailed costume onto your skin) after all that healing, and she passed out after it was all over.

Ignoring the sales angle, it was inevitable that Kamala gets noticed by SHIELD. A shame...
    Well, at least its not that she is being hunted by a black ops strike team or a Helicarrier or something like that,.............................yet.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Myetche View Post
    Well, at least it's Mark Waid writing - a writer I trust to write well