Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Quote Originally Posted by JustAnotherFan View Post
    It would be cool. They seemed to have great chemistry. And besides that they are the parents of Nocturne and I wouldn't be against seeing something done with the Exiles.
    Magneto Quicksilver Wanda Polaris would make a awesome Magneto set on Genosha

Quote Originally Posted by Viteh View Post
    I never watched the show because of the name (and this was before I read comics). Eventually I watched it on Netflix, I really liked the constant cameos. I do wish it had gotten a second season.
    Yep, that name sucks.

The name caused a lot of people to not watch it

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    I liked the concept of the show, but I could never get past the name of it and the unnecessary focus on Wolverine.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Avatar View Post
    I liked the concept of the show, but I could never get past the name of it and the unnecessary focus on Wolverine.
    I didn't care I'm addicted to X-Men and would watch anything related to the characters.

My rankings

1. Wolverine & The X-Men
    2. X-Men: Evolution
    3. X-Men: TAS
    4. X-Men: Anime
    5. Wolverine: Anime

I didn't care I'm addicted to X-Men and would watch anything related to the characters.

My rankings

1. Wolverine & The X-Men
    3. X-Men: TAS
    4. X-Men: Anime
    5. Wolverine: Anime
    Other than the name, I did enjoy it overall. I would put Evolution at the top only because it had more seasons. It's a shame WatXM got cancelled before it got to really take off.

I really hope Scarlet Witch is introduced in X Films so the Kurt Wanda can be explored
    assuming Wanda is Pietro (Peter's) twin then Wanda would have 13-15 years on Kurt
    unless you don't have a problem with that

not as bad as Havok/Polaris would be though

Quote Originally Posted by BlackKnightExcalibre View Post
    assuming Wanda is Pietro (Peter's) twin then Wanda would have 13-15 years on Kurt

We'll take what we can get.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Avatar View Post
    Other than the name, I did enjoy it overall. I would put Evolution at the top only because it had more seasons. It's a shame WatXM got cancelled before it got to really take off.
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackKnightExcalibre View Post

Yes I really loved Evolution it should've continued

Yeah the actor will probably be 25 same age as Evan in real life so I wouldn't mind at all. No weirder than if Wanda got with Vision that actor is over 40

BANNED

... My rankings

1. Wolverine & The X-Men
    3. X-Men: TAS...
    AND... #4: Pryde of the X-Men! The animes don't really count, IMO, as they're a different animal & are therefore negligible.

But same here! TAS, as seminal as it was at the time, has not aged particularly well over the 2 decades since it was originally aired. Don't get me wrong, I still like it lots & hold it in high reverence, as it was my gateway to the X-Men & then the MU as a whole. But its flaws have only become more glaring & pronounced over time, making it not as easy a watch as it once was. Evo is tho, from somewhere in the second season on, that show REALLY found its footing & did some truly great, unique things with the characters & their mythos.

But I agree with you, even with only 1 season, W&tXM was/is the best for me personally. SO MANY high points, first & foremost being the House of M like family of Magneto & their Genoshan paradise. As others have pointed out, X-stalwarts Angel & Nightcrawler received their ABSOLUTE best characterization to date, in any form. Best Emma yet too, and Rogue got treated pretty fairly, I thought. Kitty, Iceman, & Storm all got some moments as well, even if they were too few.

Goes without saying that it was Polaris' & Scarlet Witch's top portrayal, EASILY, and I felt the same towards their bro Quicksilver & his fellow Brotherhood members Domino plus... BLOB! That's right, his line, "Good, I HATE those guys" (in reference to the X-Men being in trouble), makes me laugh every time. Not to mention his competitive frenemy status with Wolverine, and their humorous exchanges. Also LOVED Psylocke, when she briefly appeared with them, just for the Brit accent & attitude alone. The Inner Circle's Selene & Sebastian Shaw were pretty cool too.

Funny thing is, as a major Jean fan, I was SO prepared to just hate the show on principle alone (upon learning of her "disappearance" in the very first episode). But I thought even she had a decent showing towards the end, when the whole subplot surrounding her finally culminated.

Then there were the multitude of support parts & veritable myriad of cameos, even if A LOT of them were dialogue free, like: Dazzler, Gambit, Dust, Blink, Hellion, Scanner, Bishop, Firestar, Marrow, X-23, Avalanche, the Cuckoos, etc. ... just to name a few I took note of.

I still regularly rewatch certain, favorite episodes repeatedly on Netflix, to this day. Interesting to note also, that only it & Evo are still available on it, as TAS was removed some time ago. In fact, I LOVED W&tXM SO MUCH, I created one of my early CBR avatars dedicated to my favorite characters from it:

The relationship between all the characters was fantastic a bunch of warring families.

Nope sales were fine and it was mid production season 2, it was killed after the Disney buy out.

It was at that moment Marvel moved the X-Men from a property they wanted promoted even if not the way they used to into a property they wanted marginalized in the mainstream until they got the rights back.

Yeah it had the biggest debut on Nick toons but I feel like if it was just X-Men it would've been received better before episode 1 was released.

But the whole couldnt secure financing from their partner was such bs

Incredible Member

I freaking loved Wolverine and the Xmen i think it did a good job adapting all kinds of influences of the movies, the comics, and making an interesting story unless you are a Cyclops fan then I could totally see why you wouldn't like the series. I would have loved a second season because Colossus and Magik were going to be regulars in the second season. I especially liked the interpretation of Polaris as the sheltered princess of Genosha

Mighty Member

If Wolverine And The X-Men had a second season?
    I wouldn't watch it because its awful name. Just like the first season.
    Cyclops was right