007 girl.

Red face Requesting feedback on this HC graphic novel set by Stieg Larsson

It's the Girl With The Dragon Tattoo (2 books) and The Girl Who Played With Fire in GN format.

This is the first set of HC's I'm quite keen on acquiring, dependent on positive feedback. I've seen good deals around but want to know if it sticks to the books quite faithfully and can do the job of telling the story if someone hasn't read the original novels.

Last edited by ultimate jezebel; 12-23-2014 at 08:06 PM.
    Kings 21:23
    And of Jezebel also spake the LORD, saying, The dogs shall eat Jezebel by the wall of Jezreel.

Amazing Member

I've only read the two volume Dragon Tattoo books (didn't even know about the Playing With Fire one,) and can highly recommend them.
    Last edited by Cherokee Jack; 12-21-2014 at 03:32 PM. Reason: improper tense

007 girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Cherokee Jack View Post
    I've only read the two volume Dragon Tattoo books (didn't even know about the Playing With Fire one,) and can highly recommend them.
    Thanks CJ, glad you found out something too
    And of Jezebel also spake the LORD, saying, The dogs shall eat Jezebel by the wall of Jezreel.

Amazing Member

I too hadn't read the original novels and decided on getting the HCs of the dragon tattoo graphic novels from vertigo and have not been disappointed.

007 girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus View Post
    I too hadn't read the original novels and decided on getting the HCs of the dragon tattoo graphic novels from vertigo and have not been disappointed.
    Artwork looks vgood!!

007 girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Cherokee Jack View Post
    As an update, I just ordered both, with shipping everything came up to $23, which isn't bad as each Vol had a $19.95 retail.

Quote Originally Posted by ultimate jezebel View Post
    As an update, I just ordered both, with shipping everything came up to $23, which isn't bad as each Vol had a $19.95 retail.
    You got those two books for a total of $23 shipped??
    "All it takes for sexism to prosper is for good men to see nothing."

007 girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Water View Post
    You got those two books for a total of $23 shipped??
    Yep. There's also a preview comic available but not an actual comic series, but I'll settle for these.

Amazing Member

What th? Haven't posted in ages, decide to answer UJ as she's someone who's posts I always enjoyed on the old Classics board, next thing I know she's banned. Surely wasn't this thread.

007 girl.

Books arrived, loved them, now on loan to a friend at work who's paranoid about the original novels and has never seen them like this.

Astonishing Member FanboyStranger's Avatar

Leo Manco art is always a good thing.