Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Invincible Member

To further illustrate...

Clean cut but kinda handsome

And here working his "nerd appeal"

Last edited by ed2962; 12-23-2014 at 12:17 PM.

Invincible Member

I'm not sure if this is a good picture to make my point, but whenever John Byrne drew Cyclops, he was usually pretty lean.

I think it's other artists, especially Jim Lee, that drew him superbeefy

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by asiea View Post
    I, as a teen girl I'm happy for the new **** loki. Loki does not have too many muscles ,

loki is a person for , diversity and gender. (what makes it interesting for young people ON TUMBLER)
    boys and girls love him because he's funny and interesting .
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    Guys, take a look at this. This is what pandering to a female audience looks like.
    I don't get how that picture is pandering to any demographic. Like someone mentioned earlier, hotness is subjective. Personally, I think it's more in the way a character is built AND the way they carry their self.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    I think with Wolverine though, a lot of the times he was half naked, he was in feral state or berserker mode. He wasn't necessarily being presented as "hawt". Having said that Silvestri was brought up, I think this one is a clear example or trying to make Logan look more ****.
    I don't know. I definitely wouldn't call that sexualised. Yes he has a butt but that doesn't mean the focus is on it. He's just standing away from the camera. It's not like he's doing anything ****

Top Class Breeding ;) Mr. Brightside's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
    I don't know. I definitely wouldn't call that sexualised. Yes he has a butt but that doesn't mean the focus is on it. He's just standing away from the camera. It's not like he's doing anything ****
    Except flashing his literal buns of steel at you
    LolOLOL
    CANON: "Cyclops, the most important mutant in 616" - The scientific community of the 616

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
    Really? Maybe agree to disagree then...When I look at this picture I think Logan's backside is totally the focus and he's trying sell me some American Apparel or something. You got his painted on jeans, his sleeveless shirt, his little cowboy hat, and he's kinda giving you the side-eye like, "Yeah, I know yer checking me out..."

Think of it this way...Abercrombie and Fitch would not hire the John Byrne, Dave Cockrum, or Frank Miller Wolverine, but they're totally hire the guy on this cover.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

I always saw that one as sexualization too. "Come and get it, bub."

Protect the weak. Darth Phoenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dzub View Post
    Herc did'nt spend decades in green briefs though ..i'll just say i'm glad with namor's vest and pants
    Both Herc and Namor get naked often and own it.Shatterstar is babearific
    Northstar is a hottie as long as his annoying husband is out of the frame.
    Last edited by Darth Phoenix; 12-24-2014 at 05:36 AM.

I'm really surprised no one has mentioned Daken

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vodrev21 View Post
    I'm really surprised no one has mentioned Daken
    Daken is an interesting case. But yes, he's pandering to someone, I'm sure of it.

So, uh...back to handsome dudes?

Here's No-Varr preening by Jamie Mckelvie
    Worth noting: The YA Noh-Varr was specifically intended to be cheesecake. Gillen saw that as a major point of the character - that he was very much sexualized. And more, sexualized in a way that would appeal to women. He's not a male power fantasy character, the way the more beefcakey characters are, with their big muscles. He's much more the kind of thing the average woman would find appealing.

Noh-Varr in YA was intended as fanservice. Hence the shirtless scenes.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Brightside View Post
    Except flashing his literal buns of steel at you
    LolOLOL
    Really? Maybe agree to disagree then...When I look at this picture I think Logan's backside is totally the focus and he's trying sell me some American Apparel or something. You got his painted on jeans, his sleeveless shirt, his little cowboy hat, and he's kinda giving you the side-eye like, "Yeah, I know yer checking me out..."

Think of it this way...Abercrombie and Fitch would not hire the John Byrne, Dave Cockrum, or Frank Miller Wolverine, but they're totally hire the guy on this cover.
    Maybe it would be more Se xy if wolverine was even slightly attractive

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    Worth noting: The YA Noh-Varr was specifically intended to be cheesecake. Gillen saw that as a major point of the character - that he was very much sexualized. And more, sexualized in a way that would appeal to women. He's not a male power fantasy character, the way the more beefcakey characters are, with their big muscles. He's much more the kind of thing the average woman would find appealing.

Wonder how people's reaction would be if his gender were reversed? As far as I know, he was never sexualized prior to being in the Young Avengers.

And as far as appealing to the average woman goes, I'd argue he appeals more to the average teenaged girl if anything.
    Last edited by Of Atlantis; 12-24-2014 at 06:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Of Orphans View Post
    Wonder how people's reaction would be if his gender were reversed? As far as I know, he was never sexualized prior to being in the Young Avengers.
    Starfire in the New 52 comes to mind.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post

Definitely. I wanna say I read some interview where Gillen said they were going to try to balance out how sexuality was portrayed in superhero comics. Also, their No-Varr is loosely inspired by 70's David Bowie.