Default Silver Age Superman Discussion!

This is a thread to discuss Silver Age Superman, Jimmy Olsen, and Lois Lane. Who are you're favorite characters?__KGrHqZ__ogE9c9GnFh-BPe7ty3E4Q__60_1.JPG

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

I put my Silver Age collecting on hold last year because I really wanna make sure I take my time in tracking down HQ copies. But man I love the later Silver Age.

Oh man, I love, and will never get over, the Silver Age Luthor as written by Edmond Hamilton. Jimmy's pretty great too- the first comic I ever remember reading was a reprint of one of those Nightwing and Flamebird stories! And I can't forget that the Silver Age introduced the Legion of Super-Heroes, the Phantom Zone, and Krypto!

The Silver Age is tough going for me. Some characters I can read and enjoy, others not so much. Superman works during the Silver Age, but it helps to think of his series as almost a sitcom rather than straight adventure. It helps me get in the right frame of mind to enjoy the stories!

Incredible Member

I find it strange how Silver-Age Supes is such a no-shower through hypertime and the multiverse. We often see Kal-L, Superboy-Prime (who has his might but is a psycho man-child), we saw Bronze-age Supes in Many Happy Goodbyes, Kingdom Come's showed up a few times, but AFAIK we never saw Silver Age Superman outside of elseworlds. I know Bronze and Silver are the same character, but it still feels strange to have Silver Age never show up, ever.