View Poll Results: What Do You Think of the Finchs' Run So Far?

Voters
90. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5 Stars - Excellent

8 8.89%
  • 4 Stars - Very Good

18 20.00%
  • 3 Stars - Average

18 20.00%
  • 2 Stars - Poor

32 35.56%
  • 1 Star - Awful

14 15.56%
Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Default What Do You Think of the Finchs' Run So Far?

We've gotten a small taste of the Finchs' run(2 issues). How are you liking it so far?

I gave it "4 Stars - Very Good" as I like the overall direction of the story so far. We see the various aspects of Diana's world(the Amazons, Superman, the Justice League, & Donna Troy) instead of it being an all mythology tale. I like that kind of balance in Diana's book. The art is also a huge improvement for me. Granted there are some scenes in which the females should be drawn/dressed more modestly but I like that the art is highly detailed and colored brighter than in the previous run. I'm also thrilled that we're getting a revamp on an old Wonder-rogue(Dark Angel?) and Diana seems really down to earth and "human" me with venting about her problems to Aquaman and Superman.
    Last edited by Dr. Poison; 12-22-2014 at 03:16 PM.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

They LAUGHED at my theory SteveGus's Avatar

At least the book is readable now. It moves at a reasonable pace. It no longer feels starved for action or written with deliberate vagueness.

I had hoped that Wonder Woman would show signs of having a cheerful and friendly corner of the world to venture forth from. Something that would help repair the damage. No such luck. The demonization of the Amazons continues unabated, as does the deliberate uglification of her world. Donna was brought back in a way that was hardly worthy: and no, she doesn't deserve that. It would have been better to have left her out, to save her for a better future incarnation of the DCU. Bringing her into a DC universe that's in its current degraded state could do her no credit.

It is still too soon to try reading DC universe comics just yet. They still haven't given Wonder Woman a place of her own yet.
    "At what point do we say, 'You're mucking with our myths'?" - Harlan Ellison

BANNED

For me it's poor writing mixed with sub-par art on a story with no sense of direction and in a editorially driven world I wouldn't mind see disappearing off the face of the planet.

First I would say this poll is super premature as there have only been 2-issues by this team ... but at this stage I give it 2-stars ... although I feel like it is probably closer to 2.5 ... ultimately I gave it 2 because it's still early days, and despite the potential of a good storyline the writing is still rough, the characterization of Diana is not great and the art has a long way to go to capture the WW world without coming across as somewhat cheesecake (which I personally dislike). D-Finch has put some great action spreads together, but he's clearly still developing his work on WW as it's not been super consistent. M-Finch dialogue isn't great thus far, but issue 2 was significantly better than issue 1 so fingers crossed that she'll get a better handle on the characters soon.

With that said, I do still have hope that Meredith and David can smooth out these rough edges and bring us a solid title and as such I am committed to reading the first arc before I make any real decisions.

Unfortunately, based on just the two issues, I had to go with 1 star.

The artwork is horrible, the storyline jumps weirdly and pulls things out of thin air while ignoring what has gone before, and, worst of all, Diana's voice is terrible. Whining at Aquaman, cow-towing to the council, snapping at Superman, and going after Swamp Thing like an amateur all just add up to two issues of nonsense where she looks like a 12 year old (clutching a teddy bear no less)
    Gaelforce
    WonderAdmin
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES - Ignorance of the rules is no excuse!

Quote Originally Posted by Gaelforce View Post
    Unfortunately, based on just the two issues, I had to go with 1 star.

The artwork is horrible, the storyline jumps weirdly and pulls things out of thin air while ignoring what has gone before, and, worst of all, Diana's voice is terrible. Whining at Aquaman, cow-towing to the council, snapping at Superman, and going after Swamp Thing like an amateur all just add up to two issues of nonsense where she looks like a 12 year old (clutching a teddy bear no less)
    The teddy-bear-whine-to-AM scene was truly a wretched moment.

I gave it 5 stars because so far this run has produced by favourite piece of Wonder Woman art of all time!
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

BANNED

I like the run so far, I'll give it 5 stars.

The artwork is a major draw, she's living in a shared universe and she's the queen.

Currently it's a 2 for me. Maybe the next few issues will change my mind (at least I'm hoping).

As I've said before, I think the plot is pretty interesting, but the execution of the writing is not up to par. And the art is a major turn off for me.

Fantastic Member

art is awesome

Astonishing Member

The dialogue is really pretty bad. My cats have more interesting, emotionally intelligent, artfully phrased conversations with each other. (At least, some of their meows sound less cliched.) The plot and art aren't that bad, though, so I won't rate it "awful" yet.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I gave it a two. Second issue was better than the first, but it's still far from great. I'm hoping we get a new team post-Convergence.

I haven't consistently enjoyed a WW run since the early parts of Simone, and I've been craving a WW run to love in the worst way. Between the latter parts her her run, then Odyssey, then Azzarello and now the Finches, I have the worst case of comic book induced blue balls ever.

Help us Grant Morrison and Michelle Maclaren, you are our only hopes.

Extraordinary Member

Silvanus voted poor for something?

Okay, people aren't all walking around with beards, so I know I haven't fallen into the evil mirror universe...

If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    Silvanus voted poor for something?

Okay, people aren't all walking around with beards, so I know I haven't fallen into the evil mirror universe...

What's wrong with beards?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Darius View Post
    What's wrong with beards?
    It's a sign of masculinity.