View Poll Results: What Do You Think of the Finchs' Run So Far?

Voters
90. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5 Stars - Excellent

8 8.89%
  • 4 Stars - Very Good

18 20.00%
  • 3 Stars - Average

18 20.00%
  • 2 Stars - Poor

32 35.56%
  • 1 Star - Awful

14 15.56%
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    To a point, sure, but I dont recall it being on the level it is now. Ares for example, was always clearly a villain. Once in a very great while his goals might have lined up with Diana's, and he did sponsor Cassie after she lost her powers in Infinite Crisis, but there was never any doubt that Ares was a bad guy. Likewise, Athena was always a "good" guy. Sometimes she'd be a real bitch about it, but she was still a force for good. Zeus was, from what I can recall of previous runs, one of the only gods to be portrayed as morally gray on a regular basis.

Now, if Im remembering it wrong, Im totally willing to admit my error here. But I really dont recall *that* many times when the lines were blurred, and even fewer when it was because of the gods' own natures and not the contrivances of plot.
    I think Zeus actually comes across as whitewashed now compared to how he was in the pre-52 continuity. A lot of the things he's done have been glossed over or relatively easily forgiven. The fact that he basically forced an innocent woman to give birth to him doesn't seem to be treated with the severity that it should be. Hell, the Amazons who have spoken against him and 3 millenia long subjugation of women is portrayed as a villain whom we are meant to see as a straw feminist.

Rucka recognized that Zeus being on the throne brought more harm than good and rightfully had Diana and Athena boot him out.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I think Zeus actually comes across as whitewashed now compared to how he was in the pre-52 continuity. A lot of the things he's done have been glossed over or relatively easily forgiven. The fact that he basically forced an innocent woman to give birth to him doesn't seem to be treated with the severity that it should be. Hell, the Amazons who have spoken against him and 3 millenia long subjugation of women is portrayed as a villain whom we are meant to see as a straw feminist.

Rucka recognized that Zeus being on the throne brought more harm than good and rightfully had Diana and Athena boot him out.
    We havent seen much about Zeus forcing an innocent woman to give birth to him because she wasnt innocent. I dunno if you finished the run or not, so spoilers (maybe) to follow.

Zola was really Moon the whole time. She and Zeus planned it out together, Moon took Zola's form and mindwiped herself to protect the secret. At the end, she removed the part of her that was Zola, at Diana's request, so Zola could continue to exist as she had been. All of which explains why we never learn much about Zola, where she grew up, what she did for work, she was, for the entire twenty-something years of her life, a figment of a god's imagination.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Once again, the topic is the Finches.

Talking about their run in comparison to other runs is fine, but if you wish to talk about Azzarello's plots and characters and/or Zeus's sex life, please take it to another thread.
    Gaelforce
    WonderAdmin
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES - Ignorance of the rules is no excuse!

Mighty Member

I like the plot line where they have her in the dilemma of trying to perform the job of being queen of the Amazons while trying to serve her commitment of being a JLA member at the same time.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post

Zola was really Moon the whole time. She and Zeus planned it out together, Moon took Zola's form and mindwiped herself to protect the secret. At the end, she removed the part of her that was Zola, at Diana's request, so Zola could continue to exist as she had been. All of which explains why we never learn much about Zola, where she grew up, what she did for work, she was, for the entire twenty-something years of her life, a figment of a god's imagination.
    Not to get back off topic, but that was Athena, not Artemis (whom Moon would be a descriptor for).

On topic: Did I hear upthread that there's a new Donna origin? I was just about to start a "create your own Donna Troy origin thread on the main DC page, and would live to hear this one.

Quote Originally Posted by ImprobableQuestion View Post
    Not to get back off topic, but that was Athena, not Artemis (whom Moon would be a descriptor for).

On topic: Did I hear upthread that there's a new Donna origin? I was just about to start a "create your own Donna Troy origin thread on the main DC page, and would live to hear this one.
    She's was introduced at the end of the latest issue. Check out the Issue 37 spoilers thread for details

Quote Originally Posted by ImprobableQuestion View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Darius View Post
    She's was introduced at the end of the latest issue. Check out the Issue 37 spoilers thread for details
    Yep. Unless the pitch that has been thrown takes some sort of a wicked curve, it is a new version.