Super Moderator

Default REVIEW: Storm, #6

Left injured and frustrated by Wolverine's debt to Yukio, Ororo settles in for an uneventful flight home but gets more than she bargained for in Greg Pak, Al Barrionuevo, and Tom Palmer's "Storm" #6.

Full review here.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CBR News View Post
    Left injured and frustrated by Wolverine's debt to Yukio, Ororo settles in for an uneventful flight home but gets more than she bargained for in Greg Pak, Al Barrionuevo, and Tom Palmer's "Storm" #6.

Full review here.
    Excellent review.

I think this line captures the issue perfect:

"Ororo exercises incredible patience and control ... as she chooses to save and protect rather than to destroy."

What I love about this character and this series thus far is that Pak constantly emphasizes the ample amount of power at her disposal, yet she always is measured and responsible in how she uses her powers.

If you are not reading it you should. Its a great read!

4277194_06.jpg
    http://www.comicboards.com/php/show....14121802241920

Quote Originally Posted by CBR News View Post
    Full review here.
    I liked how they handled Storm this whole issue for the reasons of your review. I didn't care for the last Yukio 2-parter but this followup was a satisfying done-in-one as were issues 1-3. Carrying on with the Eaglestar subplot has potential. And the organ donor angle was inspiring. Good issue.

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    http://community.comicbookresources....l=1#post750688
    The mohawk has gotta go, seriously!
    Agreed. That aerodynamically questionable costume too. The art was okay for the most part but her hair (that pops up after a shower) and costume wasn't that appealing which is too bad since she is the focus. And speaking of costume - that IS NOT HOW UNSTABLE MOLECULES should work, IMO. The fibre endures extremes like the FF can dish out but should not imply insta-change:

duds.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Bookem Danno View Post
    that IS NOT HOW UNSTABLE MOLECULES should work, IMO. The fibre endures extremes like the FF can dish out but should not imply insta-change:

duds.jpg
    Unstable molecules in the FF were programmed to do certain things in accordance with the wearer's powers. Sue's would turn invisible with her. Reed's would stretch accordingly. Johnny's would turn invisible and not burn up when he flamed on. In Storm's case, as Claremont determined back in the 70's, her costume's unstable molecules are malleable based on her electrical fields. She not only can transmute her (unstable molecule treated) street clothes into her costume, but also any other configuration she desires(as when she turned her costume into a Starcore uniform in the first Phoenix saga).
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Unstable molecules in the FF were programmed to do certain things in accordance with the wearer's powers. Sue's would turn invisible with her. Reed's would stretch accordingly. Johnny's would turn invisible and not burn up when he flamed on. In Storm's case, as Claremont determined back in the 70's, her costume's unstable molecules are malleable based on her electrical fields. She not only can transmute her (unstable molecule treated) street clothes into her costume, but also any other configuration she desires(as when she turned her costume into a Starcore uniform in the first Phoenix saga).
    Glad to see you back! What did you think of issue 6?

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    omg!!!!! It's yoga!!!!! Honey where have you been love ?? What did you think of issue 6?

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Excellent review.

I think this line captures the issue perfect:

"Ororo exercises incredible patience and control ... as she chooses to save and protect rather than to destroy."

What I love about this character and this series thus far is that Pak constantly emphasizes the ample amount of power at her disposal, yet she always is measured and responsible in how she uses her powers.

If you are not reading it you should. Its a great read!
    Agreed. This review was good and fair. I still think the art could have been better in some panels and my deduction would have been higher , but overall the story was quite good.
    Be the change you wish to see in the world.

Good review. I agree with the score. I've yet to read an issue of this series that has warranted lower than a 4 out of 5, which makes it all the more disappointing that it's facing cancellation. This book does so many things right. It has a writer with a good track record, it has great artwork, and it has the best possible characterization for one of Marvel's strongest characters. What more could anyone want? Apparently, that's not enough for the comic book market these days.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

BANNED

Bring Back Victor. That is all.

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Good review. I agree with the score. I've yet to read an issue of this series that has warranted lower than a 4 out of 5, which makes it all the more disappointing that it's facing cancellation. This book does so many things right. It has a writer with a good track record, it has great artwork, and it has the best possible characterization for one of Marvel's strongest characters. What more could anyone want? Apparently, that's not enough for the comic book market these days.
    Whatever Storm is she has never been truly sold as a solo-star in recent years. Not to mention that her book isn't tied to Avenger or X-Stuff (NXS) so it's an even harder sell. She's usually depicted as playing second fiddle, in recent years, to either the Avengers, Wolverine, or Cyclops.

If they wanted a Storm series to sell it had to be relevant to what's happening in 616 and have built her solo-star up in other books as well as showing her as a leader that can lead on and off the field.

Heck, Marvel gave the school book to Spider-Man of all people over Storm. That should tell you exactly how Marvel feels about Storm in the school she's supposed to be running.

Not to mention that the X-Men book is about a team Storm formed yet the star is Rachel, not Storm.

Fact is that they didn't set up the solo at all. It came off as random, not mattering.

Look at Spider-Gwen. Spiderverse set her up before she got a solo.
    Last edited by Sardorim; 12-29-2014 at 04:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Valeficent View Post
    Bring Back Victor. That is all.
    Do my eyes deceive me?? Val!!! Nice to see you back!

Anyway, I enjoyed the review by CBR
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡