Default Best Christmas/ Winter Spider-Man Story?

What is your favorite? Personally, I seem to recall a couple of issues where Spidey is fighting these snow monsters (and wolverine shows up, I think). That was fun. Happened during brand new day I believe, but im fuzzy on the details

Amazing Spider-Man #617, the first half of the Gauntlet: Rhino story was set on New Years. That was excellent.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Fantastic Member

Spectacular Spider-Man #173 – Otto decides to check in on May. Naturally this leads to May breaking up a Super-Fight on her lawn. Also Peter attends a terrible office party.

(yeah, that one has mostly sentimental value because it’s the first comic I owned)

Its really more of an Avengers story but I also have a soft spot for the Holiday Special with “Yes, Virginia, there is a Santron”

It seems to be a shortcoming of the sliding timescale of comics that we don't have many seasonal stories.

It's just too much of a hassle for the writers and editors to keep of track of dates, especially if they want certain events in the comics to occur at the same time as the publication.

That's unfortunate, since these kinds of details can provide some flavor for a story, as countless TV shows have shown.

There seem to be some opportunities with a Long Halloween style story covering an year in the life of Spidey.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

BANNED

My strongest memory of a Christmas story is the one where he saves an angel from Mephisto.

BANNED

Spectacular #173 was a good one.

The other one that stands out for me is PAD's burglar Santa in PPTSM #112, just re-read that issue recently.

Look up "Spider-Man - The trouble with snow" on Youtube. Best story.

A Green Unpleasant Man Rob London's Avatar

I'm quite fond of Snow Day (Peter Parker: Spider-Man #37), in which Spider-Man confronts the Vulture in the middle of a blizzard and hilarity ensues.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob London View Post
    I'm quite fond of Snow Day (Peter Parker: Spider-Man #37), in which Spider-Man confronts the Vulture in the middle of a blizzard and hilarity ensues.
    That one is excellent.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets