Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Last edited by Trident; 12-22-2014 at 04:43 PM.

BANNED

So yeah...hope the point is made.
    Last edited by Trident; 12-22-2014 at 04:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post

So yeah...hope the point is made.
    And what point are you making exactly

Quote Originally Posted by Nipower888 View Post
    That Doctor Strange is basically a reality warper, so there is no in-story way to justify not spending 3 secs putting some clothes on.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest_1001 View Post
    Did you look at the adverts I linked to? They suggest this is not limited to men at all.

To say that it is only straight men treating straight male sexuality as dirty is almost like suggesting women have never been afraid of male sexuality. As much as I would prefer it if that were the case and we had both women who feel safer and innocent men who aren't stereotyped, it's clearly not true.

I'd like to but would prefer not to for precisely that reason. Even in this thread, the suggestion that men might be victims in some way has been met with skepticism and kneejerk rebuttals about how women have it worse (even after mentioning that I've had body image issues myself).

BANNED

That a lot of male nudity/indecency is used for comic relief. While at the same time providing "slim" sexualization of males.

Plus this:
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    That Doctor Strange is basically a reality warper, so there is no in-story way to justify not spending 3 secs putting some clothes on.

Good post Dragon.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    There are characters like Gambit who fit that mold but if appealing to women in the same way female characters appeal to men was a priority, we'd be seeing a lot more of that or New 52 Lobo and a lot less Jim Lee Batmen.
    Well, funny thing on Gambit - that character women and gay men seem to like is in for a shaming (and their fans) as he is set to be "the joke character that he was" and be "skeevy" and give "massages." Straight from the mouth of Marvel. I guess that has to do with the male sensuality being used for laughs that have been mentioned here. Or maybe the shaming of what some women find attractive. I just thought I'd give the heads up. On the Jim Lee Batmen - again it depends on what women like. I mean women have been doing fan works of these characters for years so some may like the more hulking muscular and rugged look and all the snarling that goes on.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest_1001 View Post

I'd like to but would prefer not to for precisely that reason. Even in this thread, the suggestion that men might be victims in some way has been met with skepticism and kneejerk rebuttals about how women have it worse (even after mentioning that I've had body image issues myself).
    Thats too bad then. It really shouldnt matter who is to blame though, even if men were the reason men have body issues or issues with sensuality since its still seems to be a problem that both men and women have. I dont see why people still dont have a right to discuss this even if it was mostly pushed by males. There seems to be a power play that happens on both sides where nothing really gets accomplished or discussed that I find frustrating. And I'm not saying that about you. Just to clarify. You are tired of seeing the over muscular men dominate everything and some women are. You want to see men allowed to be more sexual without jokes and some women are too tired of women being the sexual props. So whats the problem? Why the arguments? It just seems to be arguing based on semantics and that doesnt really help at the end of the day. And this is what always seems to happen in these threads.
    Last edited by From The Shadows; 12-22-2014 at 05:46 PM.

Plus this:

Good post Dragon.
    This contradicts what you said here.

"Welcome to America home of the Free and the Brave" is now "Welecome to America home of the Overweight and the UltraSenstive".
    You were complaining about people overanalyzing and being ultra sensitive.

I'm confused. So are you for discussing feelings or against it?

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post

I'm seriously confused. I feel like This was angry or sarcastic. lots of people care about guys feelings.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Chia Head View Post
    This contradicts what you said here.

You were complaining about people overanalyzing and being ultra sensitive.

I'm confused. So are you for discussing feelings or against it?
    It's not a contradiction. I thought he made a good point in his post in regards to who he was speaking to.

It's not a contradiction. I thought he made a good point in his post in regards to who he was speaking to.
    Yeah. Of course.

BANNED

I certainly appreciated it. =) Thank you, dragonmp93.

But what was the point. I don't understand. Everyone knows men have feelings.

BANNED

The point was...while one poster was basically "flipping the script" to the tone that men do it to themselves another poster was pointing out by saying that not only did he/she diminish the fact that men do care about what they look like or "suppose" to look like. But who is going to listen to them about such matters because they are men. Men in a culture that projects that men shouldn't care and so on.

Personally, I do think we live in a culture that is over sensitive but at the same time when someone points out someone else's BS I also have a right to point out that they made a good point in regards to the conversation they are having. It's one of the many joys of not being an automaton.
    Last edited by Trident; 12-22-2014 at 06:40 PM.

Invincible Member

Even though you didn't start this thread to either criticize the depiction of women in comics or to criticize men, apparently a few people took it that way. I dunno...

The one guy that brought up the fact that men have body images too kinda had a valid point but he left. It could have opened up the conversation a little wider

I mean, sure...we should have a variety of male body types in cape comics too. I kinda think what you were asking for, lean attractive guys instead of just steroid junkies, is actually a step in the right direction.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Even though you didn't start this thread to either criticize the depiction of women in comics or to criticize men, apparently a few people took it that way. I dunno...

The one guy that brought up the fact that men have body images too kinda had a valid point but he left. It could have opened up the conversation a little wider

I mean, sure...we should have a variety of male body types in cape comics too. I kinda think what you were asking for, lean attractive guys instead of just steroid junkies, is actually a step in the right direction.
    Okay I understand now. I'm sorry if anyone in this thread was offended.