Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I really really love Imperial by Image, and Quantum and Woody by Valiant.
    Harley Quinn, New Suicide Squad, Grayson, Batgirl, Red Sonja, The Mighty Thor, Catwoman, Bitch Planet, Secret Six, Silk, Descender, Sabrina, Archie, JLA, DC Bombshells, Black Magick, Paper Girls, Tokyo Ghost, Vampirella, Scarlet Witch, A-Force, Extraordinary X-Men, X-Men '92, The Legend of Wonder Woman, All-New Wolverine, Power Rangers, Hellcat, Monstress, Descender

To MajorHoy, md62, Professor Moriarty, and Detox. It's awesome to see all the love for Captain Midnight. He has become one of my all time favorite characters.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Is Joshua Williamson still writing Captain Midnight?

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Flux View Post
    Is Joshua Williamson still writing Captain Midnight?
    Yes he is.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Incredible Member

Well Invincible, Harbinger, and X-O Manowar are the best superhero books period, big 2 or not.

Upcoming Ninjak series.
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

I like Invincible.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I see my top choices got mentioned right out of the gate.

X-O Manowar - VALIANT
    Captain Midnight - Dark Horse
    TMNT - IDW

Now the Turtles have a very healthy monthly per issue sales, XO is decent but Captain Midnight is the best of that lot that is sadly not even in the top 300 but deserves to be. CapMidnight is a damn good book, strongly written as the other 3 on my list.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

I'm really not understanding the overwhelming adoration for Cap Midnight. Don't get me wrong, I friggin love that series, but it's not perfect by any means. The plot was super meandering up until issue 8, and it got a little derailed again at issue 12.

It's good. It's very good. But it pales in comparison to X-O, Harbinger, Archer & Armstrong, or even X.
    Valiant- X-O Manowar / Bloodshot Salvation / Ninja-K / Quantum and Woody! / Shadowman / Harbinger Wars II / Brittania
    DC- Justice League / Hal Jordan and the GLC / The Flash / Aquaman / Mera / Mister Miracle / Silencer / The Terrifics
    Other- The Walking Dead / Mighty Morphin Power Rangers / Go Go Power Rangers

Quote Originally Posted by TheFerg714 View Post
    I'm really not understanding the overwhelming adoration for Cap Midnight. Don't get me wrong, I friggin love that series, but it's not perfect by any means. The plot was super meandering up until issue 8, and it got a little derailed again at issue 12.

It's good. It's very good. But it pales in comparison to X-O, Harbinger, Archer & Armstrong, or even X.
    I don't see how you're not really understanding it. It's a different opinion than yours. That's all you need to understand. It might have meandered to you, but apparently to others it has been consistently great. The same way you think X-O has been great.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 12-25-2014 at 06:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I see my top choices got mentioned right out of the gate.

X-O Manowar - VALIANT
    Captain Midnight - Dark Horse
    TMNT - IDW

Now the Turtles have a very healthy monthly per issue sales, XO is decent but Captain Midnight is the best of that lot that is sadly not even in the top 300 but deserves to be. CapMidnight is a damn good book, strongly written as the other 3 on my list.
    It's a shame Captain Midnight isn't selling well. I really look forward to his book every month. I think DH did the right thing though by building it's Super Hero universe around him as he is amazing character.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFerg714 View Post

It's more of a pure Superhero comic than any of those books, which is why people like it. You just don't get that much any more on the Indy circuit.

BANNED

I'm torn between X, Invincible and X-O Manowar.

Michel Fiffe's Copra is a weird, trippy, violent, action-packed comic that's a loving homage to John Ostrander's Suicide Squad. That's the only indie superhero book I'm currently reading, but I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bad Voodoo Lou View Post
    Michel Fiffe's Copra is a weird, trippy, violent, action-packed comic that's a loving homage to John Ostrander's Suicide Squad. That's the only indie superhero book I'm currently reading, but I love it.
    Yeah, Copra is dang great. The first proper trade came out recently too for those are interested.
    BB