Page 740 of 929 FirstFirst ... 240640690730736737738739740741742743744750790840 ... LastLast
Results 11,086 to 11,100 of 13927
    Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dumbduck View Post
    Erm.. guys... I'm not 100% sure, but if you're talking about pirating, that's a sure fire way SMWW won't ever be seen again, even elseworlds.

Okay, appreciation, appreciation... Right.

I only instaled Instagram on my phone a few months ago, because some relatives did too. Well, I thought there was a lot of SMWW stuff on Tumblr. Wow, I had no idea.

I lost count of how many couples were cosplaying as SMWW in this last carnival. Some 5 days before the carnival, I counted some 80 couples, all preparing for it. I didn't know that there was a save function on instagram.

A few days later, during the carnival itself I saved 200+ rows of 3 (it's how they are organised on my phone) before I got sick of it. Yeah, I got sick of counting and saving SMWW couples. Started feeling a bit creepy too.

I'd guestimate, if I had counted during the week leading to the carnival week and the week itself, there were probably 1000+ couples cosplaying, that's not counting Superdads and Wondermoms with Wondergirls and Superboys, plus WonderSuper babies, plus Wondermoms expecting painted superbabies, plus Wondermen and Superwomen, plus Wonderwomen and Superwomen, plus Supermen and Wondermen, plus single Wonderwomen with 'looking for Superman' or 'Where's Superman' in their description or tags, or the 'Foge foge' song, + merch, birthday parties, etc.

Holy heck. I had no idea. I wonder if this was some kind of record or if it's less this year, due to the effects of BvS already taking hold.

It's a pity I can't transfer the links from my phone to here, I also obvisouly don't have the time and patience to ask the couples for permission.

I guess putting a link doesn't hurt privacy:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BQosR6Yj...aken-by=manuuw

During Carnival, don't drink and fly.
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BQ5kFuTh...by=portosstore
    It's a growing phenomenon. Based on my estimate, one day every couple on Earth will dress as Superman and Wonder Woman during carnival/halloween.

I honestly was thinking of buying this weeks SM just to see new 52 sm but
    blahhh ;--;

at the end of the day I'm still a sm/ww shipper <3

Quote Originally Posted by DieHard200904 View Post
    Given the retcons, I am guessing it never happened at all.
    I was hopping they would let new 52 be and just say rebirth was another i don't know universe or something.
    In my mind I wanted new 52 superman and Diana to be from another universe and they came to rebirth to help out kind of like in the injustice.
    But someone mess with them and made them forget and they end up stuck

Astonishing Member DieHard200904's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bell View Post
    I was hopping they would let new 52 be and just say rebirth was another i don't know universe or something.
    In my mind I wanted new 52 superman and Diana to be from another universe and they came to rebirth to help out kind of like in the injustice.
    But someone mess with them and made them forget and they end up stuck
    But that is too simple and makes way too much sense. I agree though.

Right now, I feel there is two massive hypocritical behaviours which are more and more turning me against Superman as a character :

-the hypocrisy of D.C. who has green-lighted the abomination that is Rucka's current run for Wonder Woman and allowed him to trash out the SM-WW relationship not for the benefit of Wonder Woman but to avoid any and all difficulties in their plan to return Superman to his pre-FP statu quo (which I dislike more with every day) while still promoting SM and WW as a couple everywhere they can. If they really don't like the idea of them together to the point that they are retroactively decanonizing their relationship during the last five years, then the least they could do would be to drop any and all merchandising promoting the two together. Sure, there would be some difficulties using Lois Lane on perfume (because it could smack of sexism to have the most powerful superhero out there for men and a normal human woman for women, though I think a well crafted PR campaign could dispel this idea), but at least D.C. would be honest, instead of acting like a money-grabber as they currently do.

- the hypocrisy of some New 52 haters (and I says some, it is important) who like to lament about "lost continuity", how "Lois is the one for Clark and no one else" and the like, while belittling the SM-WW relationship when it comes to New 52 Superman, depicting it as not important, "inorganic" (which is pure and plain bullshit) and the like. And yet, behind their own arguments it could be remarked that they always, always, put the Clois relationship on a pedestal, while it could be said in the exact same way that it isn't in any way, shape or form integral or even useful to the character of Superman. Still, pointing it out get us, fans of the SM-WW are dismissed as simply haters or people who don't like Superman and/or Wonder Woman. It is extremely hypocritical and a big reason for why I'm liking less and less Superman as time goes on since Rebirth.

I'm sorry to post that here, but I needed to vent and I really don't feel as if it deserve its own thread.

Do what many of us here have done - stop buying the books and enjoy the media where the twosome have their moments - Xarek had posted here a very thorough list of the titles where our favorite pair have heart warming moments - more arguments in favor of what you said - but we can enjoy those and continue to appreciate as Gaelforce often says

Incredible Member suemorphplus209's Avatar
    Someplace where there's many, many, trees...

Quote Originally Posted by ManSinha View Post
    Do what many of us here have done - stop buying the books and enjoy the media where the twosome have their moments - Xarek had posted here a very thorough list of the titles where our favorite pair have heart warming moments - more arguments in favor of what you said - but we can enjoy those and continue to appreciate as Gaelforce often says
    Can the old books, like what Xarek and DieHard show, count for something if I bought a reprint?
    Currently Following: Batman, Detective Comics, Dark Knight 3, Flash, Amazing Spider-Man, Multiversity, Spider-Man, X-Men

BRING BACK THE OLD WOLVERINE!!!

Sorry- not quite understanding - do you mean send a sales message to DC?
    If so - I would think so

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Right now, I feel there is two massive hypocritical behaviours which are more and more turning me against Superman as a character :

-the hypocrisy of D.C. who has green-lighted the abomination that is Rucka's current run for Wonder Woman and allowed him to trash out the SM-WW relationship not for the benefit of Wonder Woman but to avoid any and all difficulties in their plan to return Superman to his pre-FP statu quo (which I dislike more with every day) while still promoting SM and WW as a couple everywhere they can. If they really don't like the idea of them together to the point that they are retroactively decanonizing their relationship during the last five years, then the least they could do would be to drop any and all merchandising promoting the two together. Sure, there would be some difficulties using Lois Lane on perfume (because it could smack of sexism to have the most powerful superhero out there for men and a normal human woman for women, though I think a well crafted PR campaign could dispel this idea), but at least D.C. would be honest, instead of acting like a money-grabber as they currently do.
    Complaining about media and merchandise where SM/WW is being promoted is actually counterproductive. What you should be doing is patronizing and buying the stuff where SM/WW are together to show that there is market demand for products (and comics) related to the ship.

And no, the hundreds of cosplay fans with DIY costumes don't count if they're not buying any SM/WW comics and officially licensed merch. For WB/DC and Disney/Marvel, it's all about the money.
    Currently Following:
    Action Comics, Deathstroke, Red Hood and the Outlaws, Super Sons, Superman, Superwoman, Teen Titans, Titans, Trinity, Wild Storm, Monstress, I Hate Fairyland, Black Monday Murders, Kill Or Be Killed, Redlands, Crosswind, Astonishing X-Men, Captain America, Daredevil, Defenders, Hawkeye, Tales of Suspense, American Gods, Animosity, Black Eyed Kids, Red Sonja

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post

- the hypocrisy of some New 52 haters (and I says some, it is important) who like to lament about "lost continuity", how "Lois is the one for Clark and no one else" and the like, while belittling the SM-WW relationship when it comes to New 52 Superman, depicting it as not important, "inorganic" (which is pure and plain bullshit) and the like. And yet, behind their own arguments it could be remarked that they always, always, put the Clois relationship on a pedestal, while it could be said in the exact same way that it isn't in any way, shape or form integral or even useful to the character of Superman. Still, pointing it out get us, fans of the SM-WW are dismissed as simply haters or people who don't like Superman and/or Wonder Woman. It is extremely hypocritical and a big reason for why I'm liking less and less Superman as time goes on since Rebirth.

I'm sorry to post that here, but I needed to vent and I really don't feel as if it deserve its own thread.
    Yeah I know. It's okay. Just leave it as this 1 post. we all get it.

BANNED

Ok, I was... afraid to say this, but now that rui no onna posted it...

I agree with him/her. I don't mind the merch. Yeah, DC/Warner destroyed Clark and Diana but they still do merch. But at least it shows they know the pairings potential.

Now, if only they'd understand that the pairing isn't only together 'because they are strong', that they have a much richer story in the comics than only that...

This goes back to Wonder Woman's freaking creator himself. He had her dance with 'him' even thought they were not part of the same publishing universes.

But yeah. Not against the official merch at all.