Page 645 of 929 FirstFirst ... 145545595635641642643644645646647648649655695745 ... LastLast
Results 9,661 to 9,675 of 13927

Heh, I'm in a similar boat. I'm a 30 something and I think my age group is around the target too. But I'm an older fan who would like to see some new ideas instead of returning to old status quos.

And yeah, the move to California is really going to hurt in the long run, I think. We're going to get a lot more other media influencing the comics, which I never wanted.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Astonishing Member DieHard200904's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Heh, I'm in a similar boat. I'm a 30 something and I think my age group is around the target too. But I'm an older fan who would like to see some new ideas instead of returning to old status quos.

And yeah, the move to California is really going to hurt in the long run, I think. We're going to get a lot more other media influencing the comics, which I never wanted.
    I am around your age group myself (just turned 30 this year) I personally wanted to see a new incarnation for the various DC characters get their start and run their own stories from this point. I personally have the attitude that my comic books are like my action figures or animated movies, I am entertained by them, but I see no problem in passing them down to younger generations, or letting younger generations have their own incarnations of the character(s) should the opportunity arise. Based on my age, my Superman would be the Post-Crisis one, but I took no problem with the New 52 happening because that was something where I could see the start of the character and move on, passing it on down. My attitude is also why I was fine with Kingdom Come as a story, because the older generation in the DCU passed on their duties to the younger one in that Elseworlds Story, and if I ever met Waid, I would say thank you for that one.

Yes, the move concerns me too. I wasn't impressed with the recent movies, and I certainly am worried about media influencing the books when the media should be based, and done in a decent way, on the material made in the books.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dumbduck View Post
    So, it was earlier than I remember. I think this was before I registered here. (Scratches head) This means that maybe while the SM/WW book was launching they were doing tests for Gadot as Affleck's girlfriend.
    To be precise, the "Bruce Wayne's love interest" was just a speculation of the casting agencies. WB's casting call just required a tall, exotic, brunette and athletic actress for a female leading role in BvS. It wasn't specified what kind of role it was.
    So, on the basis of the description some agencies speculated that it could be WW: http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/09/...tman-superman/
    While other agencies thought it could be a love interest for Batman or a possible female villain. No one really knew what role was and start guessing basing on a physical description in a casting call.

What I don't get is, wasn't it Warner who also wanted Supes and Wondy together in the comics? Without a TV sindicated cartoon it's hard to fight against the lasting impressions of JL/U. I think with the DCEU even darker times are ahead for our fandom.
    Yes, WB/Diane Nelson gave the final approval to the SM/WW relationship.

So, barely 2 months after the book was launched the 1st rumours of Bat-girlfriend started to appear. Warner certainly never hid the fact that's what they were willing to do, and it only got worse the closer BvS got. Was it always the plan? To get Clark and Diana together just to end the pairing like this? I still refuse to believe it.
    The 1st "rumor" appeared before: http://lrmonline.com/news/2013/09/ba...man-of-steel-2
    But as I stated before and as it's written in the article(s), they were just guesses of casting agencies. The role wasn't specified beyond the physical description. You can find the text of the original casting call somewhere in the web.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 09-03-2016 at 11:03 AM.

Fans still not over this.

This couple are cosplayers who are married and they have a soft spot for smww.

When another Superman came to a prime earth...and done far better.

Astonishing Member DieHard200904's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hellacre View Post
    When another Superman came to a prime earth...and done far better.

The specials were interesting too, more of Alex Ross' artwork in them.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by hellacre View Post
    Fans still not over this.

Okay, okay. I'm okay. Imokay. imokay

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_me...jo7_r3_250.gif

Thanks Comicbookresources and Deviantart for this images of SUPERMANxWONDERWOMAN.

People have tweeted Tomasi - anyone ever tweet Diane Nelson to request that SM/WW be put back?

It wouldnt' do any good. All indications are that virtually everyone involved with DC hated the New 52 Superman and pretty much anything having to do with it. Basically the fans who constantly annoy me with their talk of "the REAL Superman"? That's actually DC's mindset too. Someone would have to come in and decide to retcon elements of THIS Superman all over again and eliminate the marriage for a second time and the kid for it to ever even be the most remote possibility in canon ever again.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 09-03-2016 at 06:44 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    It wouldnt' do any good. All indications are that virtually everyone involved with DC hated the New 52 Superman and pretty much anything having to do with it. Basically the fans who constantly annoy me with their talk of "the REAL Superman"? That's actually DC's mindset too. Someone would have to come in and decide to retcon elements of THIS Superman all over again and eliminate the marriage for a second time and the kid for it to ever even be the most remote possibility in canon ever again.
    Don't believe everything you hear, especially from someone who has already reported in the wrong way information accessible to everybody just to support his theories.

It's like giving credit to the hyperbole of some posters who claim that the new52 was a commercial failure and no one is really interested in SM/WW.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 09-03-2016 at 07:35 PM.