Page 507 of 929 FirstFirst ... 7407457497503504505506507508509510511517557607 ... LastLast
Results 7,591 to 7,605 of 13927

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    I was expecting Clark apologized to Diana (and to us readers ) for what happened during Truth. But apparently Tomasi & co. have decided to resolve everything in the easiest way possible.
    Maybe sweeping it under the rug was and is the best thing. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Anis View Post
    What happened during Truth? Sorry I gave up the whole arc except the last issue.
    Truth went into Savage Dawn where he basically fights Vandal Savage the master mind behind wanting to ruin his life. Started good , derailed, dragged, went some odd places...I'd say weakest writer was Yang...then resolved quickly..get back power and everything fine between him and everyone else only to find out he's dying in SM 51.
    Last edited by hellacre; 04-27-2016 at 06:54 AM.

A question.

spoilers:
    That "spirit" of Superman fighting with Diana....I am confused still. Anyone work out who and what it is?
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member DieHard200904's Avatar

Well, you can take the leave to read it.
    That's true. Might as well.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

What happened during Truth? Sorry I gave up the whole arc except the last issue.
    Diana has freed Clark's friends from a governmental structure where they were held captive and Clark felt betrayed because Diana has acted without saying anything to him and then he said that he doesn't know if he loves her anymore. #facepalm

Quote Originally Posted by hellacre View Post
    Maybe sweeping it under the rug was and is the best thing. lol.
    Truth is the only thing that Rebirth should retconning.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 04-27-2016 at 07:03 AM.

Diana has freed Clark's friends from a governmental structure where they were held captive and Clark felt betrayed because Diana has acted without saying anything to him and then he said that he doesn't know if he loves her anymore. #facepalm

Don't forget that whole problem he had with Diana using the Lasso of Truth that came outta nowhere. Forced conflict? You betcha.

Geez that sounds terrible.. No wonder some people want to see Clark's apology. Everything about Truth sounds lame to me though.. That's why I didn't give the story anytime of my days. Too bad what comes after Truth is Superman dying.. What a downer follow up to a letdown story arc.

Quote Originally Posted by A Guy's Name View Post
    Don't forget that whole problem he had with Diana using the Lasso of Truth that came outta nowhere. Forced conflict? You betcha.
    Actually, I was trying to forget it.

Geez that sounds terrible.. No wonder some people want to see Clark's apology. Everything about Truth sounds lame to me though.. That's why I didn't give the story anytime of my days. Too bad what comes after Truth is Superman dying.. What a downer follow up to a letdown story arc.
    The premise of Truth isn't bad but the execution was a failure except for a few issues. The worst thing was the forced drama between the characters like the "break-up" between Kal and Diana.

The premise of Truth isn't bad but the execution was a failure except for a few issues. The worst thing was the forced drama between the characters like the "break-up" between Kal and Diana.
    The forced stupidity of Kal was the big thing for me. It should have been 4 or 5 issues, then Savage Dawn. DC needs to get a hold on Crossover Events being imposed on Superman, because they are screwing the character to all but the extreme fans by doing so.

Maybe they didn't have a plan to replace him when they went with what happened in Truth? Their break up was pointless considering they didn't even need that to break them up.

Maybe they didn't have a plan to replace him when they went with what happened in Truth? Their break up was pointless considering they didn't even need that to break them up.
    Does DC look like guys with plans?

tumblr_lpiog8zEcK1qic7rfo1_500.jpg

Anyways, years ago in a better day, they seemed to have that with a story like this.

1753719-kingdomcomehd.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by DieHard200904 View Post
    The forced stupidity of Kal was the big thing for me. It should have been 4 or 5 issues, then Savage Dawn. DC needs to get a hold on Crossover Events being imposed on Superman, because they are screwing the character to all but the extreme fans by doing so.
    I agree... no more crossovers DC, please!

Well, the break-up was part of the overall arc. In Truth, Superman loses everything not just the powers: his home, job and even his friends, the people around him reject him and who doesn't rejects him is pushed away by Clark himself because of the stressful situation.

Quote Originally Posted by hellacre View Post
    A question.

spoilers:
    That "spirit" of Superman fighting with Diana....I am confused still. Anyone work out who and what it is?
    end of spoilers
    Good freaking question. spoilers:
    I am hoping it's not a prelude to a melding of the psyches of Superman and Superdad. I really don't want to see that. But I have no idea how Ulysses could declare Superman as dead when he was standing right in front of him...
    end of spoilers

Omnes Viae Ad Infernum 666MasterOfPuppets's Avatar
    The legendary Fortress Of Solitude, the strangest place on earth

Except for depowering him for the billionth time, yeah, the premise wasn't that bad.

Quote Originally Posted by DieHard200904 View Post
    I'm guessing that even some of the most hardcore fans got disillusioned by that crapfest.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCER View Post
    Good freaking question. spoilers:
    I am hoping it's not a prelude to a melding of the psyches of Superman and Superdad. I really don't want to see that. But I have no idea how Ulysses could declare Superman as dead when he was standing right in front of him...
    end of spoilers
    More likely he was trying to say SM is going to be a dead man. Dead man walking, that sorta stuff.