Page 791 of 929 FirstFirst ... 291691741781787788789790791792793794795801841891 ... LastLast
Results 11,851 to 11,865 of 13927

Just thought I'd share a pic of some birthday presents I received the other day

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    More than anything else this is a result of the favoritism/preference toward the "other guy" and his universe. In the 2000s, they almost turn Kara/Supergirl into a Bat-Family member as she spent more time with them.
    I know a bit about that. :^(

(removed off-topic rant again)

Urgh.

We need to stop this thought. I'm working on a thread. 'All the problems of the Superman/Batman relationship'. But it's all a shambles. A lot of writing with no order, most of it rants. Sigh. But I need to do it to stop ranting in this and other threads.

Yep, the Perez/Byrne's one.
    I have to give it to Johns, the New52's is a great scene:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BWLMXjxBRK-/

Marston was a crazy genius, it would be fun to have him write an interaction between both characters.
    Most scenarios I imagined ended with Diana spanking Clark.
    Last edited by dumbduck; 07-05-2017 at 10:22 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by friendly-fire-press View Post

Just thought I'd share a pic of some birthday presents I received the other day
    That's great, congratulations! Dat Jae Lee Diana.

BANNED

buraindo_art Finished! My girlfriend and I as Wonder Woman and Superman. I'm still working on actually looking like that lol

https://www.instagram.com/p/BWN35QKD...o_art&hl=pt-br

artsy_liz_flores X Shut Up and Kiss Me X

https://www.instagram.com/p/BWN9Jysn...tsy_liz_flores

https://www.instagram.com/p/BWN9nZJA...ttopic.salinas

I guess I should be happy for more official merch with N52 Di and Kal... :^p

BANNED

Capella336 I get ideas in the strangest ways...

So I had a migraine this past Sunday and while I was lying down in my dark room waiting for it to go away, I realized that I had yet to come up with some friends for Alex. That had to be remedied right away, so here’s the result of my head-throbbing brainstorms: After she takes a year off from the public as Supergirl to train with her parents, Alex is enrolled at a prestigious school in Metropolis.

She's taken under wing by Harper Ford (the pink-haired girl), who is her student liason and eventually becomes her best friend. Harper is obsessed with three things: 1) Anything Jane Austen, 2) Robbie, 3) and doing new things to her hair. She loans Alex all her Austen books when she's shocked to find out her new friend hasn't read any yet.

Along with Harper comes Roberto "Robbie" Cabrera (right), her boyfriend since Eighth Grade who hardly ever talks at school...unless you get him started on Star Wars. Then he won't shut up.

Robbie is also longtime friends with Miles Fletcher (back), the school's resident Whiz Kid who is enrolled in every extracuriccular activity from the debate club to the math league. He has little to zero social life because his parents keep him busy with extracuriccular obligations, but he starts to ditch a few to hang out with Alex, who he's developed a crush on (the feeling is mutual ;P).

I had a lot of fun with this picture! I got the composition sorted right off the bat, and I was going to add in all the phone extras by hand until I got the idea to take a screenshot on my phone and email it to myself to edit in. I'm having a lot of fun coming up with more background info on these new characters too--expect to see more of them soon!

http://capella336.deviantart.com/art...ends-690563812

This was the second concept for Alex's current costume I drew around late summer of last year. The first had long sleeves and was a croptop, but I decided to go fore the fully bodysuit without sleeves and gave her fingerless gloves instead. This was back when my color selection of Faber Castell pens was limited, so her costume colors were more muted than they are now too. She was also looking too old to be a teenager in these pictures, so she's been aged down to look her age in my current pictures. I was still figuring out a name for her at the time, hence the little names ideas in the corner (I was going for the Superman-esque alliteration names until my sister suggested I use something from ancient Greece).

Alexandra Kent©Capella336

http://capella336.deviantart.com/art...girl-628097261

How would braces work on her? :^p I'm guessing... imported adamantium with kryptonite inserts? Or it's just a disguise.
    Last edited by dumbduck; 07-06-2017 at 05:03 PM.

It's short and cute .

Yay!! Hope they get a 2nd season. They barely half way through their first so fingers crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCER View Post
    There's a spread in one of the books released as part of the WW movie promotion that features the Superman/Wonder Woman romance. Anyone have it? It's this book: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/14...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    I don't have it.... YET! (added to the shopping list)
    I think "Wonder Woman: Amazon Hero Icon" by Greenberger has a bit with them as well?
    Searching for Samus Aran. Still.

Quote Originally Posted by hellacre View Post
    Yay!! Hope they get a 2nd season. They barely half way through their first so fingers crossed.
    All eps have already premiered elsewhere. If it does get one more season (and that is a big IF), it won't be on CN. DC might be saving it for their streaming service (like YJ S2). I just wish the episodes were longer than 10-12 min.
    I really like JLA's catchy intro. A fun little show.
    Searching for Samus Aran. Still.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by hellacre View Post

It's short and cute .
    I was afraid of looking, but I actually laughed out loud.

Another fun episode was the one with Firestorm and Killer Frost. South American football (... soccer ...) fans were trolled.

BANNED

Here are some delicious numbers for you, folks.

Here's something I wrote to a friend a few months ago:

Trinity and Supersons are interesting and easier titles to compare with SMWW, BMSM and BMandRobin as they are once a month. For example, Trinity has Batman and costs one dollar less.
    Trinity on the right, SMWW on your left.

SMWW-------------------------------Trinity
    1 $3.99 DC 94,859----------------1* $2.99 DC 93,797
    2 $3.99 DC 60,185----------------2* $2.99 DC 65,106
    3 $3.99 DC 51,357----------------3 $2.99 DC 58,253
    4 $3.99 DC 47,350----------------4 $2.99 DC 50,270
    5 $3.99 DC 44,847----------------5 $2.99 DC 46,204
    6 $3.99 DC 43,308----------------6 $2.99 DC 42,001
    7 $3.99 DC 45,157----------------7 $2.99 DC 39,380
    8 $3.99 DC 47,803----------------8 $3.99 DC 36,803
    9 $3.99 DC 62,659----------------9 $3.99 DC 34,317

Equal launch, better numbers at the start, but fell hard all these months, while SMWW stabilized between 43~50k during Soule's writing. Did I mention trinity costs one dollar less and has Batman?

(This was written 2 months ago and Trinity still sold for 2,99. Updated with last 2 months, point still stands.)

I think SMWW#9 sold more because of variant covers? Future's End?

Anyway, those are the results. I'm really not trying to sound like a smart ass, but boy, is it good to look at those numbers.

EDIT:I forgot to add that SMWW was launched 2 years after New52's launch.

EDIT2: This post was written as part of a sales discussion. Not a provocation out of nowhere. Not a provocation. Not an invitation for trolls.
    Last edited by dumbduck; 07-07-2017 at 05:39 PM.

Certainly isn't surprising to me. All this shows is what we already know; its a popular concept and a successful one in whatever arena its utilized, be it merchandise or actual storytelling.

It may not be entirely common with most charactrers but it certainly is a fact: Superman just happens to be a character in which he is part of two very popular pairings. Obviously they are two ideas that cannot co-exist, thus the one that was first and which was ingrained in the mythos is the one that they tend to go with in canon, and that's cool. But the other one has proven it deserves stories and a place somewhere as well.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 07-07-2017 at 05:41 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El