Page 332 of 929 FirstFirst ... 232282322328329330331332333334335336342382432832 ... LastLast
Results 4,966 to 4,980 of 13927

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Yeah, it seems that he's "testing" the readers more than the relationship.
    The "testing" bit seems to have caught on - see here

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hellacre View Post
    This is serial story telling that is why you have the up and downs. Recall DC did not pull the usual will they/won't they are most couples play with and then when they get together it goes down hill. This couple is together. It's okay if they they have tension and differences ...I am okay for that...they are two different people, with really really challenging roles and duties they need to fulfill...I just want a balance of some joyful moments to the "conflict". Show us why they stay with and for each other too. This arc Truth I think Diana is way more Dianalike. It's Clark whose behaving off but then he is being influenced by Wrath....and under enormous stress...so I think she's the rock here in this arc.
    Yeah, at least Diana's characterization is improved over time. About Clark, reading SM/WW #22, he doesn't look like under Wrath's influence.

Quote Originally Posted by ManSinha View Post
    The "testing" bit seems to have caught on - see here
    LOL...

Incredible Member

SUPERMAN/WONDER WOMAN #25
    Written by PETER J. TOMASI
    Art by DOUG MAHNKE
    Cover by ED BENES
    Adult Coloring Book Variant cover by AARON LOPRESTI
    On sale JANUARY 20 • 32 pg, FC, $3.99 US • RATED T
    Retailers: This issue will ship with two covers. Please see the order form for more information.
    “The Savage Dawn” continues! Diana presents a badly wounded Superman to the Greek Gods to see if they will restore him to his former self. But before they can decide, they first must determine if he is truly worthy.
    That cover is beautiful and it seems like an issue of truth or the event after that I can actually look forward to. Also Yay Greek Gods.

I would love it if Hera gives him a tongue-lashing for his treatment of Diana the past couple issues before she helps heal him. Could be a cool epiphany moment for him.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Incredible Member GuiltyPleasure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I would love it if Hera gives him a tongue-lashing for his treatment of Diana the past couple issues before she helps heal him. Could be a cool epiphany moment for him.
    I had the same idea about Hera, because, about now, Clark is way out of bounds when it comes to Diana. I'm really not enjoying this depiction of Clark and his attitude. I mean, damn, how can you not know if you love a person whose repeatedly saved your life? And he says it right after Diana saves him, yet again. That's some crazy, cold shit. Tomasi is way off with this, especially if he doesn't throw a curve ball with Clark's mentality.

Spectacular Member

I haven't had a chance to get the new issue of SM/WW yet!! But i've seen a few previews. So it seem it finally happen!! SM/WW have broken up!! Disappointing.
    Last edited by chlj1; 10-21-2015 at 07:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chlj1 View Post
    I haven't had a change to get the new issue of SM/WW yet!! But i've seen a few previews. So it seem it finally happen!! SM/WW have broken up!! Disappointing.
    Once you get the chance to read it you'll see that they didn't, not going to spoil it for you but no, they didn't broken up.
    Last edited by Anthonior; 10-21-2015 at 09:31 PM.

They haven't broken up. You could say they are "fighting", and in the most superficial of ways. As much as I wish that Clark is indeed under the influence of Wrath or something/someone else, I don't believe this to be the case here. Once again, Tomasi bends over backwards characters in order to fulfill his drama quota. Diana was depicted OoC for the first two or three issues under his run and now its Clark's turn. No matter how under-powered or beaten up, that was not Superman talking in today's issue (spoiler: he was a selfish, ungrateful jerk). A shame really. Other than one or two pages of nonsense, it was a solid read. Still moving sloooow....
    On the plus side, Mahnke is getting better. The art is improving issue by issue. And the covers are beautiful!
    Searching for Samus Aran. Still.

Quote Originally Posted by chlj1 View Post
    I haven't had a chance to get the new issue of SM/WW yet!! But i've seen a few previews. So it seem it finally happen!! SM/WW have broken up!! Disappointing.
    That's not what happened in the issue. I read it. They didn't break up. Not even close.

What they're going through now is a pretty major challenge. A lot of couples go through challenges and periods of doubt. In the grand scheme of things, Superman and Wonder Woman haven't really been dating for that long. There are still a great many aspects about one another they haven't explored. Right now, Superman is in a very vulnerable position and Wonder Woman can only do so much to help her. They've put themselves in situations where neither of them is sure what the right thing is. And in real life, couples do disagree. They do have arguments. That's what's happening here. And I think that's healthy for a relationship. Any couple that never argues and always agrees with one another is both boring and suspect. I think that teaser from months ago with DC was basically just trolling. They've done it before. Marvel does it too. For now, the relationship will continue and face new challenges, as all interesting relationships should.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

We can say the relationship is on hold....while they fry bigger fish...Clark does not want to have to worry about her ( or the others) while he tries to fix it all himself....and he's totally missing the reason why people are in relationship. Clark's lame effort to get her away doesn't work. Diana is the adult here...and Clark's jerkishness, while in a weird way he's trying to not burden her, is annoying but you know what? In real relationships...this is what it is like. Two people perfect, acting perfectly...that is so unreal.

We have moments when one or the other is "weaker" or "stronger"....the fact they heroes, fighting bad guys, he lost powers, she is a goddess...these are just the trimmings. Like marvel master says juxtapose that to real life...eg man is made redundant or has an accident and sits at home, moping, feeling useless, unable to conntribute...he tries for other jobs but he can't find one or he has to sit and recover for a long time... the partner who still works and brings in the money she sees no reason why he has to be angry or feel guilty. They in it together right? What is he fretting about? But human nature is not like that to just say okay honey I am fine, I'll sit here and rely solely on you. He wants to feel how he did before. As able and capable and not depend solely on her. It's not that he loves her less. Peter has not shown its Wrath so maybe its a streak of macho-ness which Clark, as part of them growing and maturing as a couple, needs to temper that and learn he can accept her help. Diana maybe needs to learn that she doesn't have to protect him 24/7. Yes, I am pissed at Clark. He does comes across as an ungrateful jerk but hey haven't we all experinced stuff like this in real life? Be it with a partner, a child, a friend, a parent? You can love someone and they can still drive you up a wall. Heck I have times i have said harsh things to a loved one or been a jerk for no reason because well...its human to just act on emotion and then you regret what you did. We all know how that feels.

The question now is how will Tomasi deal with Clark? How will he learn? Will he learn? Will we as readers be able to have that pay off moment? To see that behind Clark's lame effort to push her away was really because he loves her? The losing trust business I still think is reaching though. There ain't no way Clark could compare what she did to Lois. We'd all be tempted to say well F you Superman...but Diana is not us. She prob gets why he is doing what he does and she promised Burt to look out for him. She's fulfilling that promise as not only a lover but a friend.

Doug Mahnke's art with the inker and colorist is so good.
    Last edited by hellacre; 10-22-2015 at 10:22 AM.

Riivis

Quote Originally Posted by Diana X Kal View Post
    Does anyone know which film belongs this part 1:27 ~ 1:30?

Quote Originally Posted by Riivis View Post
    Such amazing editing. That is from All Star Superman. It's superlois...the person took her red boots because anyone just seeing someone in red boots from the knee down the first thing most would think is ... that is Wonder Woman.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Riivis View Post
    All-Star Superman. The kiss is actually happening between Lois, as Superwoman, and Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonsphantom View Post
    All-Star Superman. The kiss is actually happening between Lois, as Superwoman, and Superman.
    Which is one of the many reasons why I dislike Morrison's ASM so much. Cheap contrivances like this.
    Besides, we all know who Clark would rather kiss in space.
    Searching for Samus Aran. Still.

SUPERMAN/WONDER WOMAN #25
    Written by PETER J. TOMASI
    Art by DOUG MAHNKE
    Cover by ED BENES
    Adult Coloring Book Variant cover by AARON LOPRESTI
    On sale JANUARY 20 • 32 pg, FC, $3.99 US • RATED T
    Retailers: This issue will ship with two covers. Please see the order form for more information.
    “The Savage Dawn” continues! Diana presents a badly wounded Superman to the Greek Gods to see if they will restore him to his former self. But before they can decide, they first must determine if he is truly worthy.
    Love this cover. Also love the idea of Diana having to turn to the Gods of Olympus for help. The last time Superman encountered an Olympian, he punched one into the stratosphere. That can't have made a good impression. lol But as far as we know, Wonder Woman is still the God of War. She should still have some influence on Olympus.

Beyond that, this is the kind of story that I hoped we'd get with the whole de-powered arc at some point. I think when Wonder Woman became involved with Superman, she really didn't think she'd ever have to worry about him getting hurt. He's Superman. He survived Doomsday, Lex Luthor, and Zod. I think she can deal with him being vulnerable. Anyone who has ever loved anybody sincerely can do that. But when someone you love is badly wounded, that changes things. This is something Diana has never had to deal with and I doubt she ever thought she'd have to deal with it. It'll be a great test in terms of her resolve and her dedication to this man. Can't wait to see it!
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.