Page 864 of 929 FirstFirst ... 364764814854860861862863864865866867868874914 ... LastLast
Results 12,946 to 12,960 of 13927
    Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ssupes View Post
    Mind if I ask for a pm about this? I have my suspicions but just need a confirmation.
    Sent link to the writer's post.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    They put a lot of effort to advertise it (the Bat/Cat engagement had none in comparison). They even list SM/WW at the top of the 10 most important DC pairs just after their 1st kiss. Both WB and DC wanted it to be popular.

When the pairing was announced they talk about exploring it, mentioning plot points that would have been touched and the dynamics that SM/WW would have had, also DiDio made clear that after setting up the pairing in JL, the other editors and writers could have explored the SM/WW's relationship. So, it wasn't planned to end in the JL book with Trinity War. I did a post a long ago about the subject, providing links at interviews, if you recall.

At the time, Johns said in an interview that the BM/WW's link wasn't romantic in nature.

I can keep going on, but you get the point.
    Problem was Johns started sabotaging them the minute he finished putting them together. He sabotaged Clark every single issue of New52 JL.

If I'm allowed a little conspiracy, I'd say that Didio, Lee and Nelson supported it, Johns mind never left Hollywood. The moment Gal and Affleck were 'announced', that was the end for Di and Kal. Many posters here have said it, the best kind of 'love' a character can get is a good portrayal in JL, especially when written by a big name like Johns. He wasn't into it, in fact he did the reverse. Pretty much a death warrant.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Yet kinda appropriate since the news today that Sueprman's getting his trunks back, lol. Full post-Crisis reversion is now guaranteed for the end of Doomsday Clock. Question is can Diana and Clark have their friendship back even then? I'm going to take a guess and say no, still no soup for us.
    I'm afraid that any approach between Clark and Diana is unlikely, today is seen taboo if it is not for Diana to support Clois, of course.
    Their old friendship in spite of being only friends had many romantic connotations and it was noticeable the sexual tension, today with the Clois shippers shouting for the minimum that insinuates Superwonder and DC pleasing them I see it almost impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Why would they bother with it when they can make so much money selling goodies with both of them without having to bother with any story behind it ? The New 52 gave them all the graphic material they need to keep selling whatever they want with the coupling. The only advert effect of it was that the pairing became really popular,so, I suspect that as long as it'll remain so, Supes and WW won't interact much, or if the do, it'll be Rucka or Jurgens level of trash.
    It's true, I'm afraid so, DC currently only wants superwonder to sell.
    It has so much material thanks to the new 52 (although it seems to me little) that they don't need to do more in comics, in comics currently superwonder there is nothing and it is so sad, maybe some don't see Superwonder as an iconic couple but I do, I mean, when I was a child thanks to the many advertising products that hinted that WW was Superman's girlfriend, grew up believing they were a couple (yes, at that time I never read a comic).

At least, in the past, even if they weren't together in the main continuity, there was the recurring idea that tabloids and the people of the DCU thought that Superman and Wonder Woman were a couple. Doing something similar again could create a story behind the merchandise. But I can't see DC doing it now, even if they did it for decades before.

As I said before, some stupid way, DC is afraid of Clois shippers, besides that it would not be logical, nowadays unfortunately Superman and Wonder Woman have 0 chemistry, I think that even in JLU they had more chemistry than now in the comics,and being logical, is not logical after they have been the best friends for years and more recently a couple, that nowadays they only act as co-workers and little more. Worse now that they want to recreate the stupidity of wonderbat (hurting WW down the road, of course. For things like these, apart from that they don't make a good couple at all, I never send wonderbat) I sincerely hope they don't end up doing that **** and breaking Batcat

Know what saddens me in all this is that I feel many DC writers don't respect or care for Wonder Woman. It's ironic it took Patty Jenkins to do it because she respected all of WW history etc and liked Diana as she is and not condemn her for being a pure beautiful character. Let's take Superman writers and the dismissive manner they treat her given Diana has been linked to Superman since 1988. From the relaunch DC did play with a mutual attraction and over the years they have been depicted as very close with some unresolved sexual tension around the edges of their friendship. Then we had the new 52 that went full out and had them in a relationship. They killed it to say horrible things about it and it, more or less, throws Diana herself under the bus as not worth of remembrance and is lies and that despite her being the one he was in a relationship with...they got no pay off. The idea being perpetuated by DC that if Superman has no Lois he is expected to be useless or turn bad is as atrocious as the if Superman go with Diana they doomed or they will set up the next dictatorship. Ideas Johns was bandying about. No way you can tell me that is respect for Diana. Injustice for example is utter complete crap that DC is allowing people to think is the way these characters would become if they don't have someone as a love interest or a love interest treats them badly ( Diana's case with Steve betraying her). I expect in Action 1000 she will get nothing to equal Batman or any of SM cast, like some who prob just waltzed in, though she did play a significant part in his history too. They don't respect her. And right now to be honest I really feel I don't want any of these current folks at DC even pretending they care for the Superman/Wonder Woman dynamic whether it is friendship or romantic. They don't.
    Last edited by hellacre; 01-20-2018 at 10:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Trunks work for an era or like minded stories. I really don't want to them in modern comics. But then if SM books remain as vanilla as they are...beyond the 1000 issue...can't see trunks making him sell any more. I hope Diana's panties don't ever come back unless it's a retro comic or for merch and kiddies stuff etc. Hope they don't force this look on Henry.

Quote Originally Posted by hellacre View Post
    Know what saddens me in all this is that I feel many DC writers don't respect or care for Wonder Woman. It's ironic it took Patty Jenkins to do it because she respected all of WW history etc and liked Diana as she is and not condemn her for being a pure beautiful character. Let's take Superman writers and the dismissive manner they treat her given Diana has been linked to Superman since 1988. From the relaunch DC did play with a mutual attraction and over the years they have been depicted as very close with some unresolved sexual tension around the edges of their friendship. Then we had the new 52 that went full out and had them in a relationship. They killed it to say horrible things about it and it, more or less, throws Diana herself under the bus as not worth of remembrance and is lies and that despite her being the one he was in a relationship with...they got no pay off. The idea being perpetuated by DC that if Superman has no Lois he is expected to be useless or turn bad is as atrocious as the if Superman go with Diana they doomed or they will set up the next dictatorship. Ideas Johns was bandying about. No way you can tell me that is respect for Diana. Injustice for example is utter complete crap that DC is allowing people to think is the way these characters would become if they don't have someone as a love interest or a love interest treats them badly ( Diana's case with Steve betraying her). I expect in Action 1000 she will get nothing to equal Batman or any of SM cast, like some who prob just waltzed in, though she did play a significant part in his history too. They don't respect her. And right now to be honest I really feel I don't want any of these current folks at DC even pretending they care for the Superman/Wonder Woman dynamic whether it is friendship or romantic. They don't.
    Injustice is a game where the heroes fought among themselves, who was going to be the bad guy? Batman? hahaha apart from that it wouldn't be a villain difficult to overthrow, if it were the bad his fans would kill DC and Batman currently and unfortunately he is the only one who really sells in DC. I never cared that they put Clark and Diana as bad guys and that they were also a couple, until the comic arrived, there, they transformed to superman an idiot and villain just for Lois and WW in bad that turned superman into a monster, sadly many people believe that Clark and Diana are like their versions of Injustice.

Trevor comes out in Injustice? and betray Diana !? I never liked Trevor and this doesn't help much haha

Quote Originally Posted by JeisonWolf View Post
    Injustice is a game where the heroes fought among themselves, who was going to be the bad guy? Batman? hahaha apart from that it wouldn't be a villain difficult to overthrow, if it were the bad his fans would kill DC and Batman currently and unfortunately he is the only one who really sells in DC. I never cared that they put Clark and Diana as bad guys and that they were also a couple, until the comic arrived, there, they transformed to superman an idiot and villain just for Lois and WW in bad that turned superman into a monster, sadly many people believe that Clark and Diana are like their versions of Injustice.

Trevor comes out in Injustice? and betray Diana !? I never liked Trevor and this doesn't help much haha
    Yep. I don't have a problem either SM and WW are villains if there is a reasonable explanation or set up for them falling from grace but pretty much Superman is Superman until Lois dies. Diana is not herself at all from inception as far as I see. Steve plays her for a fool by and is a villain. He is a Nazi and was after her Lasso and what does she do? Kill him and this is why she is written as Lady Macbeth. That's supposed to better. Diana entire pov and heroism is tainted because one man is an a-hole just like Superman becomes an a-hole because one woman dies. I don't know who these writers think these characters are. They are not supposed to be this mentally weak.

Quote Originally Posted by hellacre View Post
    Yep. I don't have a problem either SM and WW are villains if there is a reasonable explanation or set up for them falling from grace but pretty much Superman is Superman until Lois dies. Diana is not herself at all from inception as far as I see. Steve plays her for a fool by and is a villain. He is a Nazi and was after her Lasso and what does she do? Kill him and this is why she is written as Lady Macbeth. That's supposed to better. Diana entire pov and heroism is tainted because one man is an a-hole just like Superman becomes an a-hole because one woman dies. I don't know who these writers think these characters are. They are not supposed to be this mentally weak.
    Yes, I do not have much interest in the comics of Injustice but I searched for it online. And Oh My God! they made to Diana the same as Superman !!, Trevor betrays her, she kills him and from there she will turn in the bad Diana of injustice ... *facepalm*
    A long time ago I saw many people who prayed to Diana for her version of Injustice, currently Injustice and Rebirth haven't done more, than to hurt Diana as a character.

I understand that the villains who have become good are so because their partner is a hero, and when they break up with the hero, he dies or leaves, they go back to being villains, because, well, that's what they are originally.
    But, what the heros doing that? and even more heros like Superman and Wonder Woman who are among the first and more purest heros, it's just ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by dumbduck View Post
    Problem was Johns started sabotaging them the minute he finished putting them together. He sabotaged Clark every single issue of New52 JL.

If I'm allowed a little conspiracy, I'd say that Didio, Lee and Nelson supported it, Johns mind never left Hollywood. The moment Gal and Affleck were 'announced', that was the end for Di and Kal. Many posters here have said it, the best kind of 'love' a character can get is a good portrayal in JL, especially when written by a big name like Johns. He wasn't into it, in fact he did the reverse. Pretty much a death warrant.
    These things are more complicated than "X guy hated it". Behind there are creative and marketing decisions of more than one person that go beyond personal preferences... the same editor who wanted to modernize Superman with Birthright, trashed the story after two years to go full nostalgic, editors and writers wanted to erase Superman's marriage since '98 because they considered it a mistake, but the same people brought it back, etc...
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 01-20-2018 at 01:15 PM.

Celestial Centurion Caelestial5595's Avatar

Meh. Injustice was a huge disservice as far as the story went. Apparently Harley "redeeming' herself is oh-so admirable but Superman and Wonder Woman had to sink even deeper into villainy while Black Canary hypocritically calls Supes out on Olly's death but ignores Harley's own culpability in Metropolis. *facepalm*

The less said about the movies, the better. They're so transparently trying to force so-called chemistry between Affleck and Gal and Superman is a bit too pinball for my tastes, his characterization being altered in a knee-jerk reaction every time.

Some panels that highlight SM/WW's friendship, that, since the beginning, stood at the heart of the DC Universe (I'm a plagiarist too. LOL. XD)

I honestly cannot believe that DC is really attempting to rewrite history as if we don't have decades of content underscoring exactly which friendship has "stood at the heart of the DC Universe" especially when it pertains to Diana. It's really getting ridiculous with these writers.

Anyway, thank you for these old comic panels. Love them. No matter how much the current creative team contrives SMWW has always and will always have pull and sway. I just hate the way Diana's character and mythos is being undermined and tarnished in the interim. They can't keep being allowed to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by LadyP View Post
    I honestly cannot believe that DC is really attempting to rewrite history as if we don't have decades of content underscoring exactly which friendship has "stood at the heart of the DC Universe" especially when it pertains to Diana. It's really getting ridiculous with these writers.
    I have no idea what kind of pot the guy who wrote the solicit smoked, but he can't use the word "friendship" with a straight face for a story focusing on left field flirtation and objectification of WW.

Anyway, thank you for these old comic panels. Love them. No matter how much the current creative team contrives SMWW has always and will always have pull and sway. I just hate the way Diana's character and mythos is being undermined and tarnished in the interim. They can't keep being allowed to do that.
    You're welcome. I'll post other panels later today.

Quote Originally Posted by Caelestial5595 View Post
    Meh. Injustice was a huge disservice as far as the story went. Apparently Harley "redeeming' herself is oh-so admirable but Superman and Wonder Woman had to sink even deeper into villainy while Black Canary hypocritically calls Supes out on Olly's death but ignores Harley's own culpability in Metropolis. *facepalm*

The less said about the movies, the better. They're so transparently trying to force so-called chemistry between Affleck and Gal and Superman is a bit too pinball for my tastes, his characterization being altered in a knee-jerk reaction every time.
    That's the thing about Injustice everyone's a hypocrite and nobody listens. Also they're constantly promoting the replacement league who is molded by Batman and his group of traitors. They treat superman like the worst villian ever while showing others doing things a hundred times worse than any of the actions he was forced into doing. Ras' wiped out the entire sitting and past US governments. Superman never did that, he actually left all governments intact and just put a layer of control above them. Hell is upset with how Superman and Wonder Woman are depicted but looking at the ACTIONS of everyone around them and they are actually the purest people in the story cause they are taking ACTION to fix a broken and corrupt world by cutting out the cancer while Batman would rather put a bandaid on the festering wound and hoping for the best. Batman is Wrong in this story. Funny how the moment "Goodguy" Lex comes on the scene, Superman suddenly has Stormtroopers and ****. Funny how Lex is the only one in Metropolis to survive the Nuking. The fact that Evil Lex in the other Universe gave Joker a Nuke makes me wonder if the Story wasn't changed at the last minute. Good Lex seemed awfully fond of Lois. What if the original plan was Lex was having an affair with Lois, she broke it off after finding herself Pregnant he hires the Joker yada yada yadda Injustice. The scene where Superman kills Lex would have been so much more powerful had Lex told him the baby was His not Clark's. Makes the "Your Peace is a Lie" bit that much more powerful" Would also make the title INJUSTCE have a double meaning. DC probably made them pull it back.
    Last edited by Lokimaru; 01-21-2018 at 12:11 PM.

More panels that highlight Diana and Kal's friendship...