Page 910 of 929 FirstFirst ... 410810860900906907908909910911912913914920 ... LastLast
Results 13,636 to 13,650 of 13927

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    This is the pick and choose nature of Rebirth which is more evident with the Superman-related stuff.
    They talk about re-introducing missing characters and highlighting the relationships between the characters, while for Superman, you have Kon-El erased from continuity, and Kal's relationships outside his family nucleus became completely non-existent.
    They've their own way to honoring the past and celebrate the heroes.
    Honestly it makes my blood boil. So I have made a conscious effort to stay away. I am however, genuinely disgusted by the blatant biased and underhanded way with which these writers/editors have pushed their agenda and false narrative. To witness such spiteful and manipulative practice from writers charged with telling stories that are supposed to inspire just so they can push their own ideals is astonishing and repulsive to me.

Nevertheless, I will stop before I delve further into something that causes me such negative emotions.

Fanfics have been a balm. They are the gift I never knew I wanted or needed.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

The adventures of the Injusticeverse's new "Power Couple" continue...

Quote Originally Posted by LadyP View Post
    This is beautiful! Apparently the original post has been deleted from twitter and my curious mind can only hazard a guess as to why.
    Weird, no idea of the reason... maybe Chad's marriage was cancelled. /kidding
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 06-12-2018 at 05:51 AM.

Vintage Super-Wonder...

There isn't much to see from the Golden Age outside of Superman going to the JSA's headquarter to say "hi" to the team for which Diana serves as a secretary (smh).

All Star Comics #36...

Back then, the idea of a shared universe was practically non-existent compared to today. Even characters like Superman and Batman who shared a series since the 40s didn't team up before a decade later.

Although for commercial reasons, Superman was associated with Batman and Robin (World's Finest), while Wonder Woman was associated with Green Lantern and The Flash (Comic Cavalcade), the characters of Superman and Wonder Woman were kind of connected since the beginning because Marston had created Diana as a female response/counterpart to Superman, bespectacled secret identity included.

So, a potential SM/WW's partnership would have been "appropriate". *wink, wink*

William M. Marston: "Women's strong qualities have become despised because of their weakness. The obvious remedy is to create a feminine character with all the strength of Superman plus all the allure of a good and beautiful woman."

William M. Marston: "The wish to be super strong is a healthy wish, a vital compelling, power-producing desire. The more the Superman-Wonder Woman picture stories build up this inner compulsion by stimulating the child's natural longing to battle and overcome obstacles, particularly evil ones, the better chance your child has for self-advancement in the world."

In Marston/Peter's Sensation Comics #33 from 1944, Diana goes undercover and dances with a guy dressed as Superman, pointing out "how appropriate" is the dancing pair of WW and SM...

Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 06-12-2018 at 10:23 AM.

Skipping to the Silver Age, we got an amazing teamwork with Superman and Wonder Woman saving each other and flying together in the first issue of Justice League of America...

Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 06-12-2018 at 12:15 PM.

Other panels of them saving each other and Superman giving a ride to Diana from Justice League of America #12 and #25...

Superman embracing Wonder Woman to fly together will be a recurring image until Diana learns to glide/fly on her own. The Super-Friends cartoon gave it a new take by having Diana sitting on the shoulder of her personal taxicab Superman... lol...

Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 06-12-2018 at 10:24 AM.

And, finally, in Wonder Woman #130 (1962), Diana Prince goes on a date with Superman to take revenge on Steve Trevor who keeps treating her like garbage...

More "vintage" stuff in the next days.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 06-12-2018 at 07:26 AM.

William M. Marston: "Women's strong qualities have become despised because of their weakness. The obvious remedy is to create a feminine character with all the strength of Superman plus all the allure of a good and beautiful woman."
    This right here.
    I feel that some writers over the years have forgotten or never quite comprehended this aspect of her character. Wonder Woman was/is supposed to be an unapologetic feminine character displaying all the positive attributes of a woman. Not only was she extremely beautiful, she was smart, she was compassionate, she was a protector and defender, she was fierce and formidable all without having to display stereotypical masculine qualities. However, in more latter years the regressive ideology that a woman can only be deemed as "tough"/strong when she acts a certain way has been seen in how much more aggressive and brasher Diana has been portrayed in frequent instances. She has at times been turned into the very thing she was supposed to be a counterpoint to. I can only sigh with a heavy heart. This is a character that I care deeply about and to see her origin and characterization screwed around at whim is disheartening. Nevertheless, I digress.

In Marston/Peter's Sensation Comics #33 from 1944, Diana goes undercover and dances with a guy dressed as Superman, pointing out "how appropriate" is the dancing pair of WW and SM...

Not surprising that he saw Superman and Wonder Woman as appropriate. At first glance, it is their ideology and what they represent that makes them a favorable pair. However, it was their loving bond, warmth, tenderness and friendship from post-crisis pre-flashpoint that cemented why they are perfect together. I don't think it's surprising that does who look beyond a superficial level at SMWW tend to share similar reasons for why they love this pair. For me there is something about a selfless love that is extremely compelling and motivating.

Thanks for these nuggets. Do share some more old panels.

Am I the only one whose heart flutters when viewing this image? It is so emotive and poignant.

IMG_2624.jpg

A bond so deep, he'll follow her to the end of the earth. A bond so pure, he'd proudly die fighting by her side. A bond so integral that he'd turn back the hands of time if she were to die... oh my heart.

This is still Rebirth's trash, but at least we see a little more closeness between Kal and Diana.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Oh, I hadn't noticed Nightwing and Starfire in the background! One of my favorite DC couples that they have not treated very well either! in Rebirth are they together again?
    Last edited by JeisonWolf; 06-13-2018 at 02:46 PM.

This right here.
    I feel that some writers over the years have forgotten or never quite comprehended this aspect of her character. Wonder Woman was/is supposed to be an unapologetic feminine character displaying all the positive attributes of a woman. Not only was she extremely beautiful, she was smart, she was compassionate, she was a protector and defender, she was fierce and formidable all without having to display stereotypical masculine qualities. However, in more latter years the regressive ideology that a woman can only be deemed as "tough"/strong when she acts a certain way has been seen in how much more aggressive and brasher Diana has been portrayed in frequent instances. She has at times been turned into the very thing she was supposed to be a counterpoint to. I can only sigh with a heavy heart. This is a character that I care deeply about and to see her origin and characterization screwed around at whim is disheartening. Nevertheless, I digress.
    I wholeheartedly agree.

Al least, the recent Patty Jenkins' WW movie features a more balanced and feminine Diana (reminds me of Perez' WW). This will be a positive influence on the writers of how to portray Diana.

Not surprising that he saw Superman and Wonder Woman as appropriate. At first glance, it is their ideology and what they represent that makes them a favorable pair. However, it was their loving bond, warmth, tenderness and friendship from post-crisis pre-flashpoint that cemented why they are perfect together. I don't think it's surprising that does who look beyond a superficial level at SMWW tend to share similar reasons for why they love this pair. For me there is something about a selfless love that is extremely compelling and motivating.
    Well said.

Am I the only one whose heart flutters when viewing this image? It is so emotive and poignant.

IMG_2624.jpg

A bond so deep, he'll follow her to the end of the earth. A bond so pure, he'd proudly die fighting by her side. A bond so integral that he'd turn back the hands of time if she were to die... oh my heart.
    Hopeless romantic.

Quote Originally Posted by JeisonWolf View Post
    but at least we see a little more closeness between Kal and Diana.
    Just in the cover though.

Oh, I hadn't noticed Nightwing and Starfire in the background! One of my favorite DC couples that they have not treated very well either! in Rebirth are they together again?
    I think he's currently with Huntress.

Al least, the recent Patty Jenkins' WW movie features a more balanced and feminine Diana (reminds me of Perez' WW). This will be a positive influence on the writers of how to portray Diana.
    That sounds great, but I've also seen that Steve Trevor is going to come out in the next movie and it would not be weird if it were not for the small detail that he is dead. I hope they don't have Diana as a crazy person who sees him in every corner, I don't want to see another crazy WW like in Rebirth. By the way although I like New 52 Diana, Perez's Diana is still my favorite.

I think he's currently with Huntress.
    It's disappointing but I'm not too surprised either, I hope to see Dick and Kory together again someday, the last movie of the titans was great.

by the way I've seen this fan-made Grayson video and we see a SM very much like Kindom Come Superman and a cameo from a small SMWW moment. As much as people say no, it's good to see how SMWW was already very famous for 2006 long before the new 52.

Did anyone got a copy of the Chad Welch art piece before it was removed? What was it?

That sounds great, but I've also seen that Steve Trevor is going to come out in the next movie and it would not be weird if it were not for the small detail that he is dead. I hope they don't have Diana as a crazy person who sees him in every corner, I don't want to see another crazy WW like in Rebirth. By the way although I like New 52 Diana, Perez's Diana is still my favorite.
    Still too early to judge what's going on in the WW sequel. Btw, I doubt it's an hallucination.

It's disappointing but I'm not too surprised either, I hope to see Dick and Kory together again someday, the last movie of the titans was great.
    If you're interested, Starfire and Nightwing have a son in the recent The New Order: https://www.comixology.com/Nightwing...l-comic/672311

Quote Originally Posted by A Guy's Name View Post
    Did anyone got a copy of the Chad Welch art piece before it was removed? What was it?