Page 921 of 929 FirstFirst ... 421821871911917918919920921922923924925 ... LastLast
Results 13,801 to 13,815 of 13927
    Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Elseworlds part 4...

Another parenthesis on SM/WW knockoffs (I didn't want to mix them with the "alternate" versions of SM/WW published by DC).

Image Comics' Supreme, a Superman inspired character created in the early 90s, has an on-again/off-again relationship with Glory, an amazonian coming from the all-female "Isle of Paradise" ruled by her queen mother (DC should sue them, lol).
    Their romantic past was established in the miniseries Supreme: Glory Days (1994). Glory and Supreme also have a biological daughter named Probe aka Lady Supreme.
    It looks like everyone and their mother beat DC to it, lol.

I'm not very familiar with these characters, but Wildstorm Comics' Mr. Majestic and Zealot (vaugue rip-offs of SM/WW) have had a daughter (Savant) after a night together. It isn't really worth digging into these versions for alternative SM/WW material.

In 2003, Marvel Comics began the publication of a modern reinvention of the Squadron Supreme by JMS. It has an interesting take on Hyperion/Superman, but, unlike the classic version, JMS' Zarda/Power Princess is crazy and unlikeable.
    The new Zarda and Hyperion meet for the first time in the second half of the Supreme Power (2003) miniseries. Followed by Hyperion (2005), Squadron Supreme (2006) and Ultimate Power (2006). Marvel has also created evil versions of Hyperion and Zarda (Baron Hyperion and Warrior Woman) that are also a couple.

The premise of Jupiter's Legacy (2013) is "what it would be like to grow up as Wonder Woman and Superman's kids." There's also a prequel to the story titled Jupiter's Circle (2015).

Another version of Hyperion appeared during Hickman's Avengers run. In the miniseries Hyperion (2016), he was chosen as a mate by Thundra, an amazon-like warrior from a matriarchal society (Femizonia). Thundra uses a chain as a weapon, an obvious homage to Wonder Woman's lasso. But I can't imagine Diana using the lasso with Kal in this way, lol.

To be continued...
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 07-10-2018 at 10:24 PM.

Epic now i really gotta check out all those stories to quench my craving

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Elseworlds part 4...

Another parenthesis on SM/WW knockoffs (I didn't want to mix them with the "alternate" versions of SM/WW published by DC).

Image Comics' Supreme, a Superman inspired character created in the early 90s, has an on-again/off-again relationship with Glory, an amazonian coming from the all-female "Isle of Paradise" ruled by her queen mother (DC should sue them, lol).
    Their romantic past was established in the miniseries Supreme: Glory Days (1994). Glory and Supreme also have a biological daughter named Probe aka Lady Supreme.
    It looks like everyone and their mother beat DC to it, lol.

Wow... never knew of so many “knock-offs”. Obviously the SuperWonder concept is more than what some are trying to downplay it as given all of this. Such a shame DC has the “originals” and won’t do anything with it. Even if they did, it’s half heartedly done. With the way things are being mishandled currently though, wouldn’t want SMWW in this mix except for out of continuity or digital first.

Back in 2012, Harvard Professor Amy Cuddy said, The Superman/Wonder Woman 'Power Poses' help boost confidence levels. Seems her speech still applies today, helping give inspiration and motivation world wide:

Londrina, Brazil: https://www.instagram.com/p/Bk_cW7fg...=1lzhu7fesfjtw

https://www.ted.com/talks/amy_cuddy_...xt?language=en

Quote Originally Posted by Black Angel View Post
    Epic now i really gotta check out all those stories to quench my craving
    I'm glad that SM/WW fans have "new" material yet to be discovered.

Quote Originally Posted by LoveStar View Post
    Back in 2012, Harvard Professor Amy Cuddy said, The Superman/Wonder Woman 'Power Poses' help boost confidence levels. Seems her speech still applies today, helping give inspiration and motivation world wide:

Londrina, Brazil: https://www.instagram.com/p/Bk_cW7fg...=1lzhu7fesfjtw

https://www.ted.com/talks/amy_cuddy_...xt?language=en
    As Marston wrote: "The wish to be super strong is a healthy wish, a vital compelling, power-producing desire. The more the Superman-Wonder Woman picture stories build up this inner compulsion by stimulating the child's natural longing to battle and overcome obstacles, particularly evil ones, the better chance your child has for self-advancement in the world."

Source: https://theamericanscholar.org/wonder-woman/

Quote Originally Posted by LoveStar View Post
    Wow... never knew of so many “knock-offs”. Obviously the SuperWonder concept is more than what some are trying to downplay it as given all of this.
    Probably there are other knock-offs that I don't know about.
    I've omitted Ridley's government-sponsored SM/WW analogues that were forced into dating as a public distraction because according to the polls people wanted to see them together.
    They end up beating each other in public after the SM analogue rejects the advances of the WW analogue. Not the kind of "relationship" that fits my list.
    I was about to omit Majestic/Zealot too (for more than one reason), but I ended up listing them just because they had a daughter.

Such a shame DC has the “originals” and won’t do anything with it. Even if they did, it’s half heartedly done. With the way things are being mishandled currently though, wouldn’t want SMWW in this mix except for out of continuity or digital first.
    Right now, the main problem I have with how DC handles SM/WW is the lack of acknowledgement of their history.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 07-11-2018 at 02:46 PM.

Incredible Member

Probably there are other knock-offs that I don't know about.
    How about sky high as the main characters parents a pretty blatant rip offs of superman wonder woman so you can ague that it has already been on the big screen (if it made it to cinemas).

Right now, the main problem I have with how DC handles SM/WW is the lack of acknowledgement of their history.
    A shame Jurgens wants to rewrite history, not that he'll succeed as there is too much material out there to cover up. Case In point:
    https://www.supermanhomepage.com/com...les/ww-romance

Quote Originally Posted by ssupes View Post
    How about sky high as the main characters parents a pretty blatant rip offs of superman wonder woman so you can ague that it has already been on the big screen (if it made it to cinemas).
    I haven't seen it.

A shame Jurgens wants to rewrite history, not that he'll succeed as there is too much material out there to cover up. Case In point:
    https://www.supermanhomepage.com/com...les/ww-romance
    It wasn't Jurgens' call. Whatever he feels for SM/WW, he hasn't the power to take certain decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by ssupes View Post
    I think that frank millers next book isn't going to have wonder woman in it but it would be great if we could get a beginning of their romance from him one day as he also juggles the pressure from the white house.

And thanks last son for all the great panels of all the elseworlds because those go more into their ideals and the core of their characters rather then the normal comics in my opinion, I just hope there are more to come due to a regime change at the top of DC.
    I really don't expect to see Diana although it would be great to see how they met. I'm pretty sure they showed Clark's relationship with Lana and Lois. I just hope they don't tell us in the end that Clark is with Diana because he lost Lois in some tragic way and he will never forget her ... taking into account that Frank Miller is not a fan of couples superhero-civil I hope he shows because Clark is not compatible with Lois but considering how the current DC team thinks and acts, I doubt very much that it will happen.

I don't expect anything from Clark and Diana in DC at the moment but with that september cover in which Diana is pretty close to Superman, I hope that in the not too distant future we will have some elseworld with them together, a world like Marvel ultimate would be great for DC and there we could perfectly have Superwonder without offending the Clois shippers since it would not damage their precious continuity.

Incredible Member

I haven't seen it.
    Here's a low quality trailer of the film that shows the perspective of the son of the world's greatest superheroes:

It wasn't Jurgens' call. Whatever he feels for SM/WW, he hasn't the power to take certain decisions.
    I doubt he made the call though he definitely argued for it since he was the one who announced that everything in the New 52 was canon EXCEPT the SM/WW Relationship. I wonder if he would do refunds for me?

Well, Jurgens doesn't like SMWW. DC wanted to focus only on their current couples so maybe they proposed to Jurgens to merge the two superman so it would be "impossible" to bring back SM new 52 and by the way the romance of SMWW would not happen again, Jugerns saw the opportunity and not only did he merge the two Supermans but he rewrote all their past to say that SMWW never happened. Why is it that something else has changed? nothing! the fusion is the superman Rebirth without anything of SM new 52, the Kents are still dead, the secret of SM was never revealed, most of his villains in the new 52 have been erased and his romance with Diana too. that is to say, he is still the same rebirth superman only now the whole league knows him and he is not a stranger, otherwise everything remains the same as when he arrived, of course SMWW never existed. It was also Jurgens who announced that SMWW never happened, it was clear that he was proud of that.