Page 150 of 929 FirstFirst ... 50100140146147148149150151152153154160200250650 ... LastLast
Results 2,236 to 2,250 of 13927

Quote Originally Posted by Diana X Kal View Post
    Thanks for the link. Thony Silas is an interesting choice. He pencils Batman Beyond 2.0. But what I am really happy about is Tomeu staying in the book! His colors bring to life any art.

Not sure how you came to that conclusion just because the book is getting a new artist. It's also in the middle of a crossover, and Doomed has dragged on too long, as others agree. But this book isn't the only one being affected, the other books have as well, because they have basically just been moving the story along. How all this hints at the book's demise is truly baffling.

Also, this is an appreciation thread. If you don't think the relationship or title brings much to the DC universe, this isn't the place to express that.
    While I understand your pov DianaXKal, I believe someone new that says supports the relationship but is developing recent doubts, should be given some leeway to express himself. It is in these cases that we should be more welcoming. After all, we all want more people to read SM/WW. We should offer positive reinforcement in order to bring him further into the fold, so to speak, instead of ushering him out of the thread.
    Searching for Samus Aran. Still.

Amazing Member

Charles Soule latest tweet - "S/WW 12 is unabashedly romantic. It's a love letter to love letters"

I start to get a little wary and then he says the most awesome thing ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Angel View Post
    am i the only one that liked that superman. I thought he was awesome
    So did I. Kal was still a 22-year old hothead and Diana was an 18-year old tasting freedom from constant coddling and monitoring by Hippolyta for the first time. I dug that big time in the comic books and how JL: WAR adapted those aspects of Superman and Wonder Woman from the page to the screen.
    Last edited by NYCER; 08-08-2014 at 04:54 PM.

Wonder Woman X Superman Diana X Kal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Xarek View Post
    Thanks for the link. Thony Silas is an interesting choice. He pencils Batman Beyond 2.0. But what I am really happy about is Tomeu staying in the book! His colors bring to life any art.

While I understand your pov DianaXKal, I believe someone new that says supports the relationship but is developing recent doubts, should be given some leeway to express himself. It is in these cases that we should be more welcoming. After all, we all want more people to read SM/WW. We should offer positive reinforcement in order to bring him further into the fold, so to speak, instead of ushering him out of the thread.
    I am all for positivity, especially when it comes to our OTP. I did not get a "supports the relationship but is developing recent doubts" vibe from what he wrote. Otherwise, I'd have replied in my usual jovial manner. I've seen people express their worry and doubts before and have reassured them that everything will be okay. That message came across differently to me compared to others I've seen, it sounded more pessimistic in tone to me.

I'm getting off topic, but I'll say this, forums aren't my thing, and I probably won't be here much longer. I know I get really defensive about the couple because often times I'm under heat from opposing fans. This thread is one of the few places that are safe in a forum setting. I haven't gotten to the point yet that I can elicit a totally positive response in these situations as Diana or Kal would, but I'm trying and will hopefully get there soon. So, I am sorry. I promise I'll get better in time, I won't accept anything less than Super.
    Wonder Woman <3

Quote Originally Posted by Krypto View Post
    Charles Soule latest tweet - "S/WW 12 is unabashedly romantic. It's a love letter to love letters"
    I don't think my heart will be able to handle what's in store.

Oooh... I want some downtime for them so bad and as Punisher mentioned the aftermath can be used just them alone to just recover and deal with the things they went through...Soule please don't let me down. Strife on the cover I know will come and cause drama and another storm...but until then...I want some god damn feels.

I am all for positivity, especially when it comes to our OTP. I did not get a "supports the relationship but is developing recent doubts" vibe from what he wrote. Otherwise, I'd have replied in my usual jovial manner. I've seen people express their worry and doubts before and have reassured them that everything will be okay. That message came across differently to me compared to others I've seen, it sounded more pessimistic in tone to me.

I'm getting off topic, but I'll say this, forums aren't my thing, and I probably won't be here much longer. I know I get really defensive about the couple because often times I'm under heat from opposing fans. This thread is one of the few places that are safe in a forum setting. I haven't gotten to the point yet that I can elicit a totally positive response in these situations as Diana or Kal would, but I'm trying and will hopefully get there soon. So, I am sorry. I promise I'll get better in time, I won't accept anything less than Super.
    I 100% agreed with you though. In fact, when I read the post I was going to respond in much the same manner. I actually thought the moderators would take care of it though, since it was w/o a doubt not appreciation at all.

Quote Originally Posted by hellacre View Post
    Oooh... I want some downtime for them so bad and as Punisher mentioned the aftermath can be used just them alone to just recover and deal with the things they went through...Soule please don't let me down. Strife on the cover I know will come and cause drama and another storm...but until then...I want some god damn feels.
    Agreed! I don't want to have to wait till issue #12 though. I need even a small nod to the relationship in #11. I found the annual lacking, and need for our couple to have at least a cute moment with issue #11.

No need to apologize at all. I was just offering my two cents. You're still cool.

Quote Originally Posted by hellacre View Post
    Wow. ... "It's a love letter to love letters"... if Soule is committing to it then I am looking forward to #12. I really want to see any downtime they have reflect how they shelter themselves in each other. Those simple character moments that only SM and WW can share together and that no other two superheroes have.

Amazing Member

[QUOTE=Diana X Kal;390987]Not sure how you came to that conclusion just because the book is getting a new artist. It's also in the middle of a crossover, and Doomed has dragged on too long, as others agree. But this book isn't the only one being affected, the other books have as well, because they have basically just been moving the story along. How all this hints at the book's demise is truly baffling.

Also, this is an appreciation thread. If you don't think the relationship or title brings much to the DC universe, this isn't the place to express that.[/QUOTE

I have a great amount of appreciation for both characters however the latest issues have not been as strong as the first story arc and I was very interested in how this relationship would develop over time. Doomed has certainly impacted on the book and we have seen very little of the Superman Wonder WomAn dynamic in subsequent issues.

Comics are a visual story telling medium if they weren't then there would be no reason to have the artist in the process, however comics are a visual medium,and the art is just as important. I haven't seen anything in previews and upcoming issues that make me want to continue reading no matter how much I like the concept of their relationship. Once David Finch starts his run on Wonder Woman I do believe that Superman/Wonder Woman will start its end and a crossover will not save it.

Wonder Woman X Superman Diana X Kal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by YoureStrongIKnow View Post
    I 100% agreed with you though. In fact, when I read the post I was going to respond in much the same manner. I actually thought the moderators would take care of it though, since it was w/o a doubt not appreciation at all.
    Thank you <3
    Wonder Woman <3

Quote Originally Posted by nathdog View Post
    I have a great amount of appreciation for both characters however the latest issues have not been as strong as the first story arc and I was very interested in how this relationship would develop over time. Doomed has certainly impacted on the book and we have seen very little of the Superman Wonder WomAn dynamic in subsequent issues.

Comics are a visual story telling medium if they weren't then there would be no reason to have the artist in the process, however comics are a visual medium,and the art is just as important. I haven't seen anything in previews and upcoming issues that make me want to continue reading no matter how much I like the concept of their relationship. Once David Finch starts his run on Wonder Woman I do believe that Superman/Wonder Woman will start its end and a crossover will not save it.
    ?? I don't get what one future creative team of one title has to do with another.
    (Shows what I know )
    So... indeed, friend, you are in the wrong place.
    Last edited by Xarek; 08-08-2014 at 09:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xarek View Post
    ?? I don't get what one future creative team of one title has to do with another.
    So... indeed, friend, you are in the wrong place.
    Just ignore the detractor.

I'll take that as a good sign. He's done a great job capturing the romantic element of this series since it began. I think people don't understand how difficult that is in an era where every romance is basically "will they or won't they gook up?" or "will they or won't they break up?" or "will they or won't they die?" Marvel is by far the worst when it comes to relationships like this. I can't remember the last time they put much effort into a real relationship. DC has really been breaking new ground by showing that it is possible for a romance between two characters to be developed in a realistic, compelling, adult manner. That really shouldn't be such a novel concept, but it is. I hope this will inspire other relationships to do the same. Maybe if I can catch up with Soule at the Baltimore Comic Con this year, which I did last year, I can ask how how much further he intends to take this.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.